Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

 

Not in the video I watched. The big guy reacted to the old guy either hitting the car, shoving the door and possibly catching him with the door.

 

The big guy hit him and missed with a couple before moving closer and hitting him from behind when he was already moving away.

 

He assaulted him causing actual bodily harm. Wrong whatever the provocation.

 

Now he'll either pay some agreed compensation, pay the bib's commission, publicly apologies and keep out the way; or if the old guy presses charges he'll get done in court, which could also mean loosing his visa (assuming he has one).

Who approached the car looking for confrontation, without that there would not have been any need for any contact?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, vogie said:

Who approached the car looking for confrontation, without that there would not have been any need for any contact?

 

We don't know what was actually said. Nor why the older guy chose to hit or shove the car door.

 

But the sucker punch that dropped him was as he was leaving after already being hit. He was no threat, therefore it was punishment which no one is allowed to dish out without consequences.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But using your logic, the older gent could have produced a knife and a cut muscleman; or a gun and shot him and claimed self defense.

 
2

Where is your logic? If the old man produced a knife, it would be self-defense. Guns can be and often are used in self-defense. Isn't that the reason why most people own guns?... to protect themselves?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tropo said:

Where is your logic? If the old man produced a knife, it would be self-defense. Guns can be and often are used in self-defense. 

 

How many cases of road rage have you heard of where one man hits another for gobbing off and gets away with self defense?

 

And sadly there are cases where the violence escalates to the use of weapons, edged or firearm. Now in how many is the self defense argument accepted?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

 

We don't know what was actually said. Nor why the older guy chose to hit or shove the car door.

 

But the sucker punch that dropped him was as he was leaving after already being hit. He was no threat, therefore it was punishment which no one is allowed to dish out without consequences.

 

 

It matters not one jot what was said, he approached the car looking for confrontation, he chose the wrong person to deal with, I just wonder how many times old man has done this and got away with, he did not get away it this time. Hopefully in future he will be able to control his temper and not go around like a man possessed thinking he can take on anybody that squirts a little water on him or his sibling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have  watched  and  re  watched   this  video  many times.

 Obviously  without  knowing  how the  altercation started I  would  still  say  both  were  at  stupid   fault.

As in  that "the  victim" has  some  cause  to be so  enraged as to  face off  with  the  driver of a  vehicle (  with a suggestion he  was  n an  emergency  trip  to  a hospital  with a  sick  child  etc).

Even if that suggestion  is  true  then  why waste  time   in a confrontation ?

With  his  verbals finishing  with an apparent  smack to the  vehicle the   driver  reacts badly   by   exiting  again and  taking a swing  at the complainer.

There  is a punch which  looks  like to the  side  of  the  neck followed by the  final dismissive shove  that  face planted  the  victim which  was the actual  cause of  the visible  minor injuries and  not  some  massive  face  blow..

I would  be interested  to  know  if  either  were  actually  sober.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

 

How many cases of road rage have you heard of where one man hits another for gobbing off and gets away with self defense?

 

And sadly there are cases where the violence escalates to the use of weapons, edged or firearm. Now in how many is the self defense argument accepted?

 

I haven't been following road-rage incidents... perhaps you could provide the numbers. How many?

 

You're the one making up scenarios, not me. If he produced a knife, knocking him out would be considered self-defense. In this case, it would have been on video and admissible to a court.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, docshock13 said:

Note to self: don't pop off to a guy half my age and twice my size regardless whether I think I am right. 

Good to see the moto taxi guys made sure Rocky didn't leave the scene. 

Will be interesting to see what precipatated the event. 

The woman and the child who went to the victim's assistance were both wearing motorcycle helmets, so it's possible/likely the three of them were riding a bike and the car got too close.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If, IF.....the 5 year-old was on a motorcycle , then it's not very smart. Most people are familiar with the general lunacy associated with Songkran....and Pattaya seems to excel in taking lunacy to a whole new level...and I wouldn't be taking a 5 year old anywhere near the middle of it. It must have been scary for her and then terrifying and traumatic with the fight. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, smedly said:

That is all well and good and probably good advice...............but

 

It doesn't make what followed either right or justified, the Tattooed yob should be facing assault charges

Hear hear!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chivo said:

Bless the Thai Guys who stepped in and did the right thing ...

What the guys who walked past the victem laying face down

in the road unconscious,    Heroes all of them./  Angry mob. even his wife / GF did not go straight to his attention .  what they all like  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :coffee1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

The woman and the child who went to the victim's assistance were both wearing motorcycle helmets, so it's possible/likely the three of them were riding a bike and the car got too close.

Scrub that.  I see the argument was over water being sprayed on the victim's child.  None of it excuses the level of violence shown by the guy in the car.  Some of the comments on here condoning the violence disgust me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, artiz said:

As if a Thai would get involved in a 'road rage' incident... their tolerance of 'shit' driving is legend!

Yes, it's not like Thais ever indulge in road rage or anything like that. That would be scary. I'm sure my remembrance of our Bangkok taxi driver who first had us scared shitless with his reckless and angry driving pattern, and then stopped the car to approach another vehicle with a crowbar was just a bad dream. Never happened, Thai drivers are always calm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

The problems are those alpha males (assuming he did not follow the rules). Women love them because of their size and they feel they can use their size to bully anyone. Who had more balls here? Who was the true alpha male? Even if the smaller, the beta, and older guy is in the wrong, he actually went to the car and SPOKE to the guy. Maybe he insulted him verbally. If the younger guy did something wrong (and we don't know the full story), he should have apologized and that would have de-escalate the whole matter. But, he is young. He might not be well-educated or smart enough to know how to drive and to respect other people (alpha males like their female counterparts believe the world owes them something). They think they are smarter and better than others because they get looks and attention. Assuming the alpha males was in the wrong, he sure acted as one at the end. These guys talk about themselves and their stories. They are almost never interested in others, which makes everyone else look dumb or uninteresting. The trouble is that once one becomes an alpha male, it is hard for others to make them normal again. These are the guys who start wars. Tell them politely to tone it down. I think the punishment for these guys should be to throw them in the forest for a week and see if they like being the beta male or female for a week.

 

Of course, it is possible that the younger and older guy is an alpha male too, but he did not use force. Words can be violent though. Remember Zidane in the final of that world cup final against the Italian? Words triggered it.

 

I would associate Alpha males more with leaders, in any capacity (from the animal kingdom). I also believe that is the origin of the word itself. I don't agree with connecting violent behavior or lack of empathy nor softness to the term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nemrut said:

Farang and their drama.  

 

It's not the Thais you have to worry about but other farang w/attitudes of entitlement who will not hesitate to become violent at the slightest provocation.

Spoken like a true apologist. I am neither an apologist nor trying to knock the Thai people down, but come on – that's just ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 8:25 PM, A1Str8 said:

He didn't floor him with a single punch. 

The man who was beaten up did not throw any punch just move his hand as if hey get lost. The man who punched should go to monkey house so others learn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

If you see his body: just another guy on steroids... There are a lot of these in Pattaya.

Experienced that myself with a nice guy, who couldn't kill a fly. 3 months into taking anabolics, he became a  dangerous, aggressive a..hole.

 

eg. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/articles/psychiatric-price-steroid-abuse

 

 

How did you manage to ascertain from a poor quality vid that he's a man on steroids? Also, do you think that only people on steroids are aggressive?.. and that everyone who uses steroids is aggressive? ... and also, why do you think anyone who has a decent physique (not that you can tell from the video) is on steroids?

 

There's no need to draw conclusions to fit your theories.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
How did you manage to ascertain from a poor quality vid that he's a man on steroids? Also, do you think that only people on steroids are aggressive?.. and that everyone who uses steroids is aggressive? ... and also, why do you think anyone who has a decent physique (not that you can tell from the video) is on steroids?
 
There's no need to draw conclusions to fit your theories.
 
 

It just fits the stereotypical bull s hit.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading so many diferent emotions from members here I decided to check by myself what happened in this video in slow motion and frame by frame....hence;

I have downloaded this video and edited frame by frame. 

I do not know whole story and I do not care because in this case most important is the final act.

1.Fellow from black Toyota  has no right to hit a man .

2.Nobody has rights to attack anybody except defending himself.

3.Watching whole act frame by frame ....; The older guy did not younger at all except he used his hangs to push younger when younger pushed older first.

4. Younger guy did not stop hitting older until older hit the ground.

5. Even if older guy was offending younger verbally then there is no reason to hit anyone.

Conclusion ;

1.If you see properly ....Thai people have some brain too and many ran to younger fellow with anger to prevent him from running away.

Again watching frame by frame I did not found anyone from Thai's using hands until hand of Toyota driver went out in direction to one of Thai's who came out from place where video was recorded(white shirt guy).

2. There was many people who was outraged by behavior of Toyota  driver. ( I'm  surprised how Thai's reacted to help farang ..Amazing)

3.Stupid incident could end up in someone disability , or even death over what ???

4. Even if older fellow has any guilt he did not deserved so many punches  .

5. Let's have some decency , and maybe a pity for much older fellow who did not send even one punch to younger one.

If this case goes any higher then video's will be edited same way ... frame after frame and there is answer who use own law .

 

Shame that farangs can not show real dignity  in foreign country.:clap2:

It does not matter who is wrong ... IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN THIS WAY.

 

:coffee1:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gigman said:

After reading so many diferent emotions from members here I decided to check by myself what happened in this video in slow motion and frame by frame....hence;

I have downloaded this video and edited frame by frame. 

I do not know whole story and I do not care because in this case most important is the final act.

1.Fellow from black Toyota  has no right to hit a man .

2.Nobody has rights to attack anybody except defending himself.

3.Watching whole act frame by frame ....; The older guy did not younger at all except he used his hangs to push younger when younger pushed older first.

4. Younger guy did not stop hitting older until older hit the ground.

5. Even if older guy was offending younger verbally then there is no reason to hit anyone.

Conclusion ;

1.If you see properly ....Thai people have some brain too and many ran to younger fellow with anger to prevent him from running away.

Again watching frame by frame I did not found anyone from Thai's using hands until hand of Toyota driver went out in direction to one of Thai's who came out from place where video was recorded(white shirt guy).

2. There was many people who was outraged by behavior of Toyota  driver. ( I'm  surprised how Thai's reacted to help farang ..Amazing)

3.Stupid incident could end up in someone disability , or even death over what ???

4. Even if older fellow has any guilt he did not deserved so many punches  .

5. Let's have some decency , and maybe a pity for much older fellow who did not send even one punch to younger one.

If this case goes any higher then video's will be edited same way ... frame after frame and there is answer who use own law .

 

Shame that farangs can not show real dignity  in foreign country.:clap2:

It does not matter who is wrong ... IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN THIS WAY.

 

:coffee1:

 

 

I think you've been drinking too much coffee.:smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

No one can say that no Thais tried to help. 

Yes better video

It does now look more like it was a Thai guy who helped the victem first

on the ground,  not a falang, Nice man. :thumbsup:

even if  the mob did walk past him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rimmer locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...