Nigerian man beaten after giving the middle finger in Pattaya

webfact

Nigerian man beaten after giving the middle finger in Pattaya

1pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- A Nigerian man on a night out in Pattaya was set upon by a mob of Thais after arriving in his car in Soi 7 during Songkran celebrations.

Saimchon News reported that Mr Kennedy Akononu had been annoyed by people blocking his way splashing water and had given them the middle finger.

The 35 year old was set upon with bottles and helmets after he got out of his car to confront people who had hit his vehicle.

He was given first aid at the scene before being taken to Pattaya Memorial.

An unidentified Thai man stained with the victim's blood said that upwards of four youths were involved in the attack. They had fled on their motorbikes following the assault.

Police are looking at CCTV to get a lead in the case that Siamchon News said was damaging for the image of Pattaya.

Source: Saimchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-18

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks to me like he is out of his head either drunk or something else, I hope they breath tested him

as for the assault, there are drunk youths running around pattaya that are up to no good looking for trouble

One news release states he is a "holidaymaker".  How many Nigerian tourists drive around Pattaya in cars?

He must have an international drivers license, and if he really arrived on holiday, what does he need a car for at night in Pattaya?

Pattaya is a relatively small town and easily navigated on foot. 

I think this story maybe has more to it than a guy waving his middle finger and taking a beating.

And why did he get out of his car?

3 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Go back to Nigeria, it's a nicer place with nicer people. Face racism on a daily basis over there? I don't think so.

I'm just curious as to why the guy would be driving around during a well known Songkran event and get angry when people throw powder and water at his car. 

Then he gets out of his car to confront them?

The story doesn't add up.  

We all know that giving the middle finger here will get the locals very boisterous, very quickly. However, four people set upon one with bottles and helmets and then fled the scene. Is the guy dumb for what he did? Yes! Did it warrant the mob beating? No. Did anyone get the licence plates of the departing bikes? I suspect not, so these "hard" men are free to do it again whenever they want. Given the amount of cops all over town yesterday, they should not have been able to disappear so easily.

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect not, so these "hard" men are free to do it again whenever they want. Given the amount of cops all over town yesterday, they should not have been able to disappear so easily.

These "hard" men were teenagers.  They are probably not even old enough to grow facial hair.

T Bone got beat down by chipmunks.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

looks to me like he is out of his head either drunk or something else, I hope they breath tested him

as for the assault, there are drunk youths running around pattaya that are up to no good looking for trouble

Not only in Pattaya. I was there, done that and learnt my lesson. What started with a little argument almost got me killed when four of his friends "kicked in" and bet the shi.e out of me.

Only when my wife started screaming that I'd be already dead and cops approached they stopped and disappeared. 

1 hour ago, survivalblue said:

I'm just curious as to why the guy would be driving around during a well known Songkran event and get angry when people throw powder and water at his car. 

Then he gets out of his car to confront them?

The story doesn't add up.  

Obviously the guy is a moron. He says repeatedly that he has been there before. Who of sound mind would drive along there during Songkran and not expect action. 

6 minutes ago, pegman said:

Obviously the guy is a moron. He says repeatedly that he has been there before. Who of sound mind would drive along there during Songkran and not expect action. 

He wouldn't have had any trouble, driving at Songkran or not, if he hadn't given Thais the finger.

A Nigerian in Pattaya with his own car is not the norm. It looks like he's a little bit high in the sky, my apologies if I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, are these people well known for certain activities here. A delivery that went wrong? Or only delayed. 

I, for one, appreciate these cautionary tales detailing the consequences of actions that may (or may not) be better tolerated back home.

Regardless of who's at fault, the guy did something and the results weren't very favorable to him.  

That's good info to store away in the gray matter.  Beats the crap out of learning it myself the hard way.

Archived