Nigerian man beaten after giving the middle finger in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, Cracker2000 said:

Oddly, the 'finger' is no a common insult in Nigeria, over there they use a gesture where they flick all 5 digits in your direction to express the same sentiment.

Yes, he should have used the "5 Kobo" salute; he'd be satisfied and his adversaries would have no idea what the gesture meant!

Patrick

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

is that nigerian staying legally in thailand, hopefully immigration will be running a check-up.

secondly he appears drunk, hence driving being an offence together with the flipping bird ???

wbr

roobaa01

yes, I too am sitting in my room and very worried about if the black man is legal or not. I hope hes not and gets caught but Im scared they wont check. this is very important to me and I hope I can sleep tonight Im so stressed about it

On 2017/4/17 at 8:47 PM, stravers said:

Notice how hard one of the Thais is struggling to dish out a beating while his friend restrains him?

C9qVXfyVoAAOz1-.jpg

Nice photo. Is he from Star Wars movie with that uniform? Which Galaxy are you from?

22 hours ago, p_brownstone said:

Rubbish.

Have you ever lived in Nigeria?

Patrick

Do you know in Nigeria you could set up a bogus office in 24 hours? There are people who will do it for you for an agreed sum of money. There will even be bogus secretary typing on the keyboard , a receptionist with a desk, and also your chosen company's name in shining metallic alphabet.

That was how a Malaysian lady was con out of her money when she went to Nigeria to check it out, she thought everything was fine. She pumped in the money.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

Do you know in Nigeria you could set up a bogus office in 24 hours? There are people who will do it for you for an agreed sum of money. There will even be bogus secretary typing on the keyboard , a receptionist with a desk, and also your chosen company's name in shining metallic alphabet.

That was how a Malaysian lady was con out of her money when she went to Nigeria to check it out, she thought everything was fine. She pumped in the money.

Do you also have information how easy they get a Ghanaian passport, because the Nigerians aren't the most wanted "quality tourists" in Thailand. 

They caught a big shot, but ten others filled his position within ten seconds.

A Nigerian man accused of being behind thousands of online frauds across the world has been arrested.

The 40-year-old Nigerian, identified only as "Mike", was allegedly the head of an international criminal network behind scams totalling more than $60m (£45m).

The criminal network compromised email accounts of small and medium-sized businesses all over the world, including in the US, Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, Romania, South Africa and Thailand, Interpol said.

More about the hospitality in Nigeria here; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/nigerian-cyber-scammer-worldwide-scams-45m-arrested-interpol-a7166531.html

Please say that out loud. Forty- five Million British Pound. Or Sixty Million Greenbacks. OMG , MIke. :stoner:

3 hours ago, phycokiller said:
11 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

is that nigerian staying legally in thailand, hopefully immigration will be running a check-up.

secondly he appears drunk, hence driving being an offence together with the flipping bird ???

wbr

roobaa01

yes, I too am sitting in my room and very worried about if the black man is legal or not. I hope hes not and gets caught but Im scared they wont check. this is very important to me and I hope I can sleep tonight Im so stressed about it

that means i'm not the only one who has nothing else on his mind than the legality of this Nigerian and his flipping bird :ermm:

4 hours ago, ajarngreg said:
4 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yesterday it was 2 ferlung causing grief , today a Nigerian , there must be more I have missed , must go to Patts next year sounds like so much fun.

It's called Fiercelang......

"ferlung" added to my collection of ThaiVisa "Farang" spellings :smile:

"fiercelang" does not qualify.

barang
farang
falang
fa-lawn
farlang
farung
farong
faring
farnags
falung
felang
ferlung***
felung
feelongs
ferong
ferang
ferung
fetang
flaung
furung
furlong
furlung
forong
folong
forlong
pharung
franansgs
ferlang
forang
folung
frangs
furong

2 hours ago, Naam said:

"ferlung" added to my collection of ThaiVisa "Farang" spellings :smile:

"fiercelang" does not qualify.

barang
farang
falang
fa-lawn
farlang
farung
farong
faring
farnags
falung
felang
ferlung***
felung
feelongs
ferong
ferang
ferung
fetang
flaung
furung
furlong
furlung
forong
folong
forlong
pharung
franansgs
ferlang
forang
folung
frangs
furong

I'm a Farang anything else is just racist.

Anyway whats all this gettin upset by the middle finger, isn't it culturally an American gesture.

Us Brits will be ok as in our culture its the  2 finger salute, seems the world isnt yet aware of this far superior gesture.

6 minutes ago, ffaarraanngg said:

I'm a Farang anything else is just racist.

Anyway whats all this gettin upset by the middle finger, isn't it culturally an American gesture.

Us Brits will be ok as in our culture its the  2 finger salute, seems the world isnt yet aware of this far superior gesture.

Would Fartoolong be accepted? 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Saimchon News reported that Mr Kennedy Akononu had been annoyed by people blocking his way splashing water and had given them the middle finger.

There appears to be a mistranslation. The actual Saimchon article says it was his Thai girlfriend sitting next to him in his car who raised her middle finger at the revellers, not the Nigerian gentleman.

The revellers then started banging his car and he got out where upon he was attacked by the youths who beat him with bottles and crash helmets before escaping on their motorbikes.

Police are currently checking CCTV footage to help apprehend the troublemakers with a view to prosecute them since it's a serious incident adversely affecting the reputation of Pattaya.

I'm a little bit confused now after reading exactly the opposite in The Farang, a German Magazine.Regarding The Farang did the four culprits show the Nigerian man the middle finger because they're so upset that he wanted to drive through Soi 7.

If that's true and he went out of his car to  play the hero, then it all looks a little bit different. 

http://der-farang.com/de/pages/jugendliche-schlagen-nigerianer-krankenhausreif

Just now, rkidlad said:

My god. Someone flips you the bird so you get so angry you feel you have to beat them. I'd suggest many of these people have serious anger issues and need help. 

People don't seem to grasp that an extended middle finger can bring down a world of hurt in many places, not just Thailand. Now, maybe the whole world has anger issues, but rather than trying to solve that problem, why not try and exercise some restraint yourself?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

People don't seem to grasp that an extended middle finger can bring down a world of hurt in many places, not just Thailand. Now, maybe the whole world has anger issues, but rather than trying to solve that problem, why not try and exercise some restraint yourself?

Great idea. Instead of condemning such abhorrent violence, simply say that this is what you can come to expect when using the middle finger, etc. Then we can all live in fear of a beating if we show any disrespect in a public place. A really civilized view point.

Or, we can deal with violent offenders appropriately. Let them get the message that violence is never acceptable and will be dealt with harshly. Maybe we can even have a law where it's an offence to show any disrespect in public. A 'public disorder' act to keep the overly sensitive appeased. Or, stop acting like a child and get on with your life. 

Just because something does happen, doesn't mean it shouldn't be condemned. 

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Great idea. Instead of condemning such abhorrent violence, simply say that this is what you can come to expect when using the middle finger, etc. Then we can all live in fear of a beating if we show any disrespect in a public place. A really civilized view point.

Or, we can deal with violent offenders appropriately. Let them get the message that violence is never acceptable and will be dealt with harshly. Maybe we can even have a law where it's an offence to show any disrespect in public. A 'public disorder' act to keep the overly sensitive appeased. Or, stop acting like a child and get on with your life. 

Just because something does happen, doesn't mean it shouldn't be condemned. 

Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. Doesn't matter which way you cut it the Nigerian caused the situation, in other circumstances he could have been killed. Mobs behave badly in many places, you just don't stick your hand in a hornets nest then complain about being stung. Countries like the US deal with violence in a far stricter way than Thailand, does it prevent people behaving badly?

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. Doesn't matter which way you cut it the Nigerian caused the situation, in other circumstances he could have been killed. Mobs behave badly in many places, you just don't stick your hand in a hornets nest then complain about being stung. Countries like the US deal with violence in a far stricter way than Thailand, does it prevent people behaving badly?

It doesn't. But people condemn it and therefore know it's wrong.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Appropriate epithet for your tombstone "They knew it was wrong, but killed me anyway".

Again, you're missing the point. Violence will always happen but we can lower the amount. You, like many others, put the onus of decent behaviour on the wrong people. Flipping the bird doesn't equal a beating. You put the onus of blame on the people who get the beating by saying "you should know if you flip the bird you can get seriously hurt". This makes it more acceptable to do in society which means more people will do it. If we all criticize it and condemn it, it will happen less. Especially in cultures with a system of 'face'.

Archived