Can anyone award themselves medallions & citations?

boomerangutang

15 hours ago, simon43 said:

I have no less than 3 Thai medals (none of them parachute wings!) that were awarded to me over the years in thanks for my volunteer police/translation work in Phuket.

On one occasion many years ago, I found myself in the Pattaya Courthouse on a charge of ... er ... doing something that I did not do.

The lazy (for indeed he was) police guy in charge of the Court did not appreciate when I pointed to one of the medals on his uniform and said in Thai "Hey, I've got one of those".

Sometimes, it is better not to speak the truth :smile:

When do you get out?

55 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

nk.jpg.abf37ac601073ac41378568fde8e9835.jpg

Great pic.  They should have permanent assistants who follow them around everywhere they go, 14 inches behind, with poster-sized placards studded with medals. They probably wear those jackets when showering at night.   The only functioning industry in N.Korea is a commemorative-medal-making shop, next door to the shop where they counterfeit US $20 and $50 dollar bills.

On 4/18/2017 at 2:16 PM, Suradit69 said:

charles.jpg.acf7138591782aab1b78f2e3da4bfa1a.jpg"Say what now?"

Yes i have seen pictures of him with old WW2 veterans, and he has far more medals than them, how he can parade himself in front of them after all they have been through, i don't know!

Edited by maxcorrigan