British PM May calls for early election on June 8

Jonathan Fairfield

Bad mental health it must be, in all my long years I cannot remember a more incompetent or stupid senior politician from any party than Dianne Abbott. Her only saving grace was that she was very amusing, but she should never be let anywhere near a senior government post, she's an idiot.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly 2am here in UK too early to call at the moment but Labour is doing well so far.

UKIP decimated.

Jeremy Corbyn is already talking about possibly forming a "progressive alliance government to keep the Tory's out"

Biggest looser by far tonight as well as UKIP is Theresa May.

As for me I couldn't be happier.

3am now considering a few weeks ago some people were talking about Labour being wiped out it is doing extraordinarily well.

Forecast at the moment is Conservatives with the largest number of seats but short of a majority.

Nick Clegg has lost his seat but Vince Cable is back in.

As an American, at some point I was really concerned about Brexit and these elections but now I say give the people what they want, either way. Good luck and God bless you all moving forward.

What a nice sentiment, shame you had to spoil it bringing a fictional character into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Johnyo said:

What a nice sentiment, shame you had to spoil it bringing a fictional character into it.

I'm going to bite my tongue here, even as an atheist myself I'd love nothing more than to embarrass you but I won't because I don't want to derail this thread.

I really just wanted to wish everyone across the pond good luck.

:stoner:

*I don't smoke, but this emoji just really fits!

I can't see how this election result is a benefit for any political persuasion.

Now we have 'Wurzel Gummidge' Corbyn and his loony colleague Abbott looming in the wings, able to thwart any vote in the Commons.  Don't forget the history of this guy, and while you're at it, please check the mental illness records of Abbott.

If you think the Tories were kowtowing to the Muslim fanatics, you ain't seen nothing yet from Wurzel.

I'm happy to have emigrated in 2002 from the UK, but sad for those who remain in the UK.

3 hours ago, Bannoi said:

Perhaps now all the backstabbing PLP will finally get behind Jeremy Corbyn and support him.

I hope hope not, he or his history has not changed, he will always get support with his fantasy manifestos. The Tories should have won by a landslide but May derailed her own party.

I dislike Theresa May with a passion to my mind her position is now untenable the sooner she goes the better and good riddance.

I read this today in the Guardian and thought it particularly apt

"Theresa May – a wretched dishonest excuse of a politician, don’t pity her – launched a general election with the sole purpose of crushing opposition in Britain. It was brazen opportunism, a naked power grab: privately, I’m told, her team wanted the precious “bauble” of going down in history as the gravediggers of the British Labour party. Instead, she has destroyed herself. She is toast."

As for Jeremy Corbyn I have a feeling he will be around for a long time to come.

12 minutes ago, Bannoi said:

I dislike Theresa May with a passion to my mind her position is now untenable the sooner she goes the better and good riddance.

I read this today in the Guardian and thought it particularly apt

"Theresa May – a wretched dishonest excuse of a politician, don’t pity her – launched a general election with the sole purpose of crushing opposition in Britain. It was brazen opportunism, a naked power grab: privately, I’m told, her team wanted the precious “bauble” of going down in history as the gravediggers of the British Labour party. Instead, she has destroyed herself. She is toast."

As for Jeremy Corbyn I have a feeling he will be around for a long time to come.

"

As for Jeremy Corbyn I have a feeling he will be around for a long time to come."

I agree, bad smells take a lot of eradication.

I can't see how this election result is a benefit for any political persuasion.

Now we have 'Wurzel Gummidge' Corbyn and his loony colleague Abbott looming in the wings, able to thwart any vote in the Commons.  Don't forget the history of this guy, and while you're at it, please check the mental illness records of Abbott.

If you think the Tories were kowtowing to the Muslim fanatics, you ain't seen nothing yet from Wurzel.

I'm happy to have emigrated in 2002 from the UK, but sad for those who remain in the UK.

Just shows how out of touch you are!

22 hours ago, Johnyo said:

It is a shame that you bothered to comment on that. Some people believe in what you call a fictional character and some don't. I personally don't but that is my choice.

Others choose differently and that is their choice and I respect them for their belief.

Archived