Home Baking

We are baking bread and cakes for home use. Have been using the Kite All Purpose flour for the cakes and the Swan Bread flour for the bread. Are we doing it right? Or should I be looking for a different flour? We are going to Bangkok and want to look around to see what is available. Any suggestions from those that know about these things would be appreciated.

I get good results with Swan bread flour.  However, I usually mix it with rye flour or wholewheat flour (according to my mood), both of which are available in the likes of TOPS and Villa.

My favourite also Swan flour as well as the other products from UFM. I use Kite all-purpose flour (blue packaging) for pancakes, pastry, etc and Red Lotus special flour for cakes.
I use Red Lotus because it is non bleached flour.

On 4/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

I use swan bread flour and '555' (kid you not) wheat flour for stove top flatbread...can't find anything else where I live...

munching on a defrosted chappati at the moment...

555 flour is probably invented by a smart Thai who smelled money ;-)

T55 is the flour I normally use for breads, rolls, croissants and everything which looks "French". It is the normal flour they use in France (and unfortunately very hard to find in Thailand)

For Italian breads and pizza's I use 'Typo00' which is the Italian pizza flour you can find  in the more falang oriented supermarkets.

But the green swan flour is ok if you don't want to buy a 25kg bag.

Archived