What value for a young woman's life? Negligent "foam party" organizer goes to dead woman's parents to beg forgiveness as bargaining begins

webfact

this is where our comments on SE Asian culture really don't make sense. 

ask this: what example do you set and inspire.... 

this is not the west. focus on the biggest reason for why this lousy stuff happens here.... instead of the occasionally ****quite**** predictable tragedies entailed by it....

the 4 letter 'r' word...

and the reason this region is so poor.

personal testimony. in the year 2017 where computers are everywhere.... take it from a 30 year software developer (me)..... to do software you have to be able to read and actually do it.. and on your own... and share it only after you have read it.. and understood it somewhat.... on your own....  admittedly most of it technical but....  I am an avid book reader of all sorts of books.... and I also know Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are famous as what? (1) billionaires (2) university dropouts (3) software geeks and (4) ****life long**** avid book readers. hmmm.... and so are a good number of us in the west. and we talk and share, yes? 

now take a look around you and count how many folks you see right now are really into something they are reading just now... not pictures, not comic books and not fellow farlang.... or maybe some fellow farlang....

this tragedy is what results. and why the 'small payment' thing comment comes up so readily.. or different park entrance fees.... in a world of such immense wealth and materialism. no this should not have happened.. but ask why.... way up front on it.....

...what is the root thing? 

all of the rest is what happens in ****it's**** wake.  it's only a four letter word... in SE Asia.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

celebrating songkran.

You see, to celebrate Songkran you splash water on the side of the road on some passers by. Go to a foam party. Foam parties inUdon are for teenage kidds that are groping and feeling each other up, get drank and later continue later on in near by area or cheap premises ...

14 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I hear what you say, but the husband has got no chance of getting a fair shake out of this.The next of kin thing doesnt work over here. And i assure you that if it's 1,000,000, then, as he is a felang, and no longer related(not that they ever saw him s family)There will be some guys that will inform him of his rights, which are absolutely <deleted>.I have insured my wife, and i am he only felang in the village, do you honestly think that if something happened to her, i would ever see a penny?  Its just not the same thing here. Normal rules dont apply.And i might even mysteriously vanish.

With such a gloomy, depressing view of Thai family life and society, why are you still hanging around? Your comments read like you could only be happy being a misery guts. Not a way to find happiness or contentment. Good luck.

3 hours ago, maewang99 said:

...what is the root thing? 

all of the rest is what happens in ****it's**** wake.  it's only a four letter word... in SE Asia.

Why do I get the feeling you're not comfortable in  Pattaya's Walking Street?

21 minutes ago, sandemara said:

With such a gloomy, depressing view of Thai family life and society, why are you still hanging around? Your comments read like you could only be happy being a misery guts. Not a way to find happiness or contentment. Good luck.

Oh foolish person.You are obviously not married or have any idea of how people can turn in a situation where a lot of money is concerned. And as for my not hanging around, Ive been hanging around for 17 years. You have no idea. I had 2 bars in Patts for 5 years and i saw Thai life like you have never seen. I suggest, that as you must be reasonably new here, and you are still probably still dancing through the Daisy fields of "oh so happy just to be here" that you learn a bit more about Thai greed and the actual lengths that they will go to attain large amounts of money, when they dont have to work for it, and its coming from rich insurance company's. Do you think that all the 'jumpers here have just jumped or fell, you are very wet around the ears, and you need to get off your bar stool and get into real Thai life, not just what you have seen and met so far.Thailand,is a place far removed from the 'Kuoni' or 'Hayes and Jarvis' brochures, that you obviously read before you came here. I have lived this long here, without problems, because i  have learned to be a little street smart and not believing that the Thai smile always means they are happy to see you and they are your friends.

Grow up man and dont insult people that you dont know. In this country i would favour my chances of living,well over yours.

I'm surprised at many of the comments on here. I guess many of you don't know Thailand as well as you think you do.
The This family have lost their daughter. The husband will almost certainly move on and any support he was providing to his wife / her family will stop. The party organiser goesn't give a damn about anything except the financial hit he will take.
He pays the Thai family for their loss and life goes on.

16 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

I'd told a friend in the UK of this event and he laughed and said 'who would be stupid enough to go to a foam (water) party with all those flashing lights (electricity)' He has a point. 

I can remember foam parties in nightclubs in the UK when I was a youngster. I don't know if they still have them and I'm sure safety standards were higher but your friend should look closer to home before making such rash comments.

6 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I'm surprised at many of the comments on here. I guess many of you don't know Thailand as well as you think you do.
The This family have lost their daughter. The husband will almost certainly move on and any support he was providing to his wife / her family will stop. The party organiser goesn't give a damn about anything except the financial hit he will take.
He pays the Thai family for their loss and life goes on.

Absolutely right. 100% correct.

If this guy comes across with a million, or what ever, do people really think he is going to simply hand it over to the felang husband.His debt now is to the family, the mum and dad, who have lost a daughter. The felang  no longer counts, he is no longer part of the family.She is dead, and i am sorry for that, her parents regard her as gone, Any compensation is now (in their minds) theirs and the felang has no part in the family any more. Could you actually see the felang getting out of Pattaya with 1,000,000 baht in his pocket.

Some people dont seem to understand the Thai way of life. This is not the West, and Western rules and customs dont have a place here.

7 hours ago, KenKadz said:

So it is all about the money? TIT

Unfortunately yes...

Years ago, the son  of an ex - employee was killed by a 10 wheel truck. I'd never meet the kid, but I was asked by his parents to write a letter saying that  I was going to take the kid under my care, blah, blah,  blah...  This letter was presented in court & eventually the family got 5 million in compensation from the trucking company. Just another insurance payout, but having been here in Asia for 25 years; it's all about the money.....  Most local people here don't have adequate life / accident insurance here & this is just one way of compensating for it...

On 19/04/2017 at 3:52 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

ferang have money already.

I can always remarry, if I  wanted to, but I can never replace our son.

You may believe that money is a cure but I am afraid that I don't.

On April 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM, josephbloggs said:

What an awful thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sounds like you have not been to a udon foam party where mostly teenagers gropping  and feeling up each other up follow with ...... use your imagination...RIP young lady....

Archived