BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Adnan Lotia: ‘Fun-loving’ web entrepreneur from London is killed on first day of Thailand trip

Adnan Lotia: ‘Fun-loving’ web entrepreneur from London is killed on first day of Thailand trip

DANIEL O’MAHONY, JOHN DUNNE 
The Evening Standard

kpg.jpg

Motorbike crash: Adnan Lotia was on the Thai holiday island of Koh Phangan when he died

An entrepreneur was killed in a motorcycle crash a day after arriving on a holiday island in Thailand.

Adnan Lotia, 36, from Northolt, was managing director of Theatre Tickets Direct, an online marketplace for West End shows.

A keen sportsman, he had travelled to Koh Phangan for three weeks of boxing training after which he was due to attend a cricket tournament in Phuket. But he was injured in a crash on the island on March 27 and died that day. 

Full story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/adnan-lotia-funloving-web-entrepreneur-from-london-is-killed-on-first-day-of-thailand-trip-a3517647.html

-- Evening Standard 2017-04-19

Any day now the constant bad publicity of road hazards in Thailand will have consequences... any day now!

24 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Any day now the constant bad publicity of road hazards in Thailand will have consequences... any day now!

Or not.

RIP and here I was thinking the Tiger mauled him.

RIP but this is not new news, I know the answer but why do we only find out 3 weeks later?

are there statistics about the number of Thais killed on Thai roads vs. foreigners and then if possible, broken down by nationalities?

I expect these figures would give some insights.

13 minutes ago, manarak said:

are there statistics about the number of Thais killed on Thai roads vs. foreigners and then if possible, broken down by nationalities?

As it is bad for tourism, no, there are no real statistics published.

that tiger looks awfully hungry .....    then I read the rest of the story.   RIP ..

6 hours ago, manarak said:

I found these stats a while ago ... let me see if i can find them on my system for you. Will let you know if i have any success. 

I found these stats a while ago ... let me see if i can find them on my system for you. Will let you know if i have any success. 

Before or after they changed.?
10 years ago they showed everyone who died in traffic, that was not good for business.
Now if you die in hospital after accident, you didn't die in traffic accident.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because tourists think that riding a bycycle back home is the same as a moped.
Introduce thousands of mopeds in the West at 10 bucks a day and watch the tourists bury themselves

15 minutes ago, cunningstunt said:

Because tourists think that riding a bycycle back home is the same as a moped.
Introduce thousands of mopeds in the West at 10 bucks a day and watch the tourists bury themselves

Mopeds are 50cc and have peddles; I have yet to see one in Thailand.

'Chicken-chasers' are 120+cc and are full-on motorbikes.

43 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Before or after they changed.?
10 years ago they showed everyone who died in traffic, that was not good for business.
Now if you die in hospital after accident, you didn't die in traffic accident.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I found the file I was thinking about and it is a data set of deaths of US citizens abroad: not all foreigners in Thailand, just Americans everywhere! 2002 to 2015