Did she fall or was she pushed? Swede in custody after "mute" Thai wife falls from Pattaya 8th floor condo

webfact

Did she fall or was she pushed? Swede in custody after "mute" Thai wife falls from Pattaya 8th floor condo

2.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A Swedish man is helping police with their enquiries after his Thai wife fell from the eighth floor of a Pratumnak, South Pattaya apartment yesterday during an argument.

The juristic person of the condo, that was not named, called cops after she saw bedding and pillows falling. Jamriang Klamngern, 60 ran out to see 24 year old Thanawat Jitiwat lying with broken bones in a pool of blood in the condo car park surrounded by the bedding, reported TNews.

But the victim was not dead and was still breathing.

Police and Sawang Boriboon medics were quickly on the scene and the victim, a native of Kamphaeng Phet, was rushed to hospital.

Her condition was not reported in the Tnews story.

2am.jpg

Picture: TNews

When police arrived on the scene they had found 34 year old Swedish national Marcus Sten Tapio Karhapaa on his knees by the victim sobbing.

He told investigators that the woman who had fallen had been living with him for four years. She is a mute who is unable to speak at all, he said.

He said that they had an argument at their flat on the eighth floor and she went onto the balcony threatening to jump. In a struggle he said that she slipped on some water and fell.

Police went to the room and found evidence of a struggle.

Police said they do not believe the Swedish man's version of events and he is now in custody as further evidence is gathered and the investigation continues.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-20

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm glad the cops are investigating and not saying straight away that it was suicide or an accident. I wish they'd investigate first every time someone falls or commits suicide without telling us their conclusions minutes after they arrive. 

RIP, young lady. All very sad. 

11 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

That's such a shocking and sickening photo when you look at her left leg. I really wish we didn't see it that graphically. There needs to be better censorship of things like this. Imagine seeing this photo of your loved one. Sickening.

Thats nothing compared to what you see on a Cigarette packet.  And those pictures dont stop anyone from giving up.

46 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

This will be a tough one for the cops. Their standard operating manual says everyone falling from a high place is a suicide.

Now they are going to have to put some grey matter to work to find a different theory.

A very sad ending for an already down and out girl, in a down and out country that a lot, "NOT ALL" farangs take advantage of, "just speaking out". RIP

Looking at his stance and arms out wide, i.e. his position, to me implies attitude, possible steroid junkie, drugs, alcohol and that rule from that manual would only apply to farangs.

I dare say, justice will be served Thai style.

54 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Poor kid. I expect it has been a hard enough life as it is for her, without this. I hope she has a full recovery.

I wish you people would read properly------- She is dead.In my opinion she is better off anyway.Can you imagine a life being deaf or dumb and having a permanently crippled body.RIP poor young lady

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, I'm glad the cops are investigating and not saying straight away that it was suicide or an accident. I wish they'd investigate first every time someone falls or commits suicide without telling us their conclusions minutes after they arrive. 

RIP, young lady. All very sad. 

Yes coz it's one of their own that fell/pushed.

So this case will not be closed after 30mins like when a foreigner falls/pushed.

3 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I wish you people would read properly------- She is dead.In my opinion she is better off anyway.Can you imagine a life being deaf or dumb and having a permanently crippled body.RIP poor young lady

I think she would have been better off staying on the balcony.

Archived