Did she fall or was she pushed? Swede in custody after "mute" Thai wife falls from Pattaya 8th floor condo

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

That's such a shocking and sickening photo when you look at her left leg. I really wish we didn't see it that graphically. There needs to be better censorship of things like this. Imagine seeing this photo of your loved one. Sickening.

And - she was still alive at that stage!

1 hour ago, survivalblue said:

Simple solution is fence in all the balconies.  There is no country in the world with more balcony fall/push deaths than Thailand.   A statistic that should maybe be researched.

I bet the fire department would like to discuss your idea.  :ermm:

I've been here 6 years and have read story after story about Farangs who's "apparent suicide" is declared almost immediately. Now here is the first time I ever read about a Thai falling and it's "we don't believe the Falang". I'm not pre-judging his guilt or otherwise, and he may well have caused it. What I am judging is the clear double standards applied by the Thai Police. Never, ever have I read that they didn't believe a Thai witness.

5 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

I've been here 6 years and have read story after story about Farangs who's "apparent suicide" is declared almost immediately. Now here is the first time I ever read about a Thai falling and it's "we don't believe the Falang". I'm not pre-judging his guilt or otherwise, and he may well have caused it. What I am judging is the clear double standards applied by the Thai Police. Never, ever have I read that they didn't believe a Thai witness.

A factor in that could be that its always Male felangs and Thai females , and it would be quite difficult for a Thai female to push a felang man over a balcony, rather than vice versa

4 hours ago, themerg said:

I am a long-time reader of ThaiVisa.com.

I have been reading of people falling for 3 years.

I have tried to rationalize this problem, BUT I can't.

Too many people " FALL" from Buildings in LOS.

LOS has 66 million people.

USA has 350 million people.

The "per-capita" numbers don't make sense to me.

LOS has more people fall from buildings in 1 year than USA has in 5 years.

A LOT of PUSHING from buildings going on in LOS.

MACH MACH "crazy in the heat" in  LOS.

Balcony railings in Thailand weren't built with the height of much taller foreigners in mind, they are mostly built with Asian heights in mind. So the centre of balance of a taller person is much higher than the railings safely allow for. Add to that the number of foreigners who come here for holiday, are not used to the heat/humidity, consume too much booze and then go out to the balcony for a cigarette.

1 hour ago, Toshiba66 said:

What does that have to do with this story?

The girl that went over was Thai.

My post was in  response to another poster who queried the high death toll in Thailand from balcony falls, to those in the  US, did you not read or understand his post!

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Must have been some argument.

How do you argue with a person who is mute?

By using very aggressive looking sign language.

I kid you not. My daughter is in the Fire Brigade and she has to learn sign, in the event of her finding a deaf mute in a smokey tower block and having to lead him to safety.In the event of the event becoming difficult, she has to use angry looking body moves and stances and over accentuate the signs, like she is speaking in capital letters, to give the appearance of shouting.

Did you also know that there are different signs for different accents? i didnt, but apparently one learns different signs for Scottish people etc. 

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Throw them over the balcony ?

Feel very sorry for the woman, as if her life wasn't hard enough by itself.

13 hours ago, themerg said:

I am a long-time reader of ThaiVisa.com.

I have been reading of people falling for 3 years.

I have tried to rationalize this problem, BUT I can't.

Too many people " FALL" from Buildings in LOS.

LOS has 66 million people.

USA has 350 million people.

The "per-capita" numbers don't make sense to me.

LOS has more people fall from buildings in 1 year than USA has in 5 years.

A LOT of PUSHING from buildings going on in LOS.

MACH MACH "crazy in the heat" in  LOS.

Maybe this plays a major part of "the Balcony-Syndrome" concerning Farangs.

- A hard working Farang finally manages to retire in "paradise".
- Possibly experiences instances of deceit and betrayal, by persons (a person), that he trusted 100 %.
- Health problems arise.
- Financial problems arise.
Those combined factors may lead a Farang to believe, that he hasn't ended up in paradise, but in hell instead. = Broken dreams, failing health, dwindling finances.
At this point, the balcony with a low reiling is only a few steps away.....
Cheers.

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

You´re a funny guy.

Probably just another baby from sweden that can´t take a rejection. Oh! No sex today? I trow you from the balcony!

2 hours ago, swissie said:

Maybe this plays a major part of "the Balcony-Syndrome" concerning Farangs.

- A hard working Farang finally manages to retire in "paradise".
- Possibly experiences instances of deceit and betrayal, by persons (a person), that he trusted 100 %.
- Health problems arise.
- Financial problems arise.
Those combined factors may lead a Farang to believe, that he hasn't ended up in paradise, but in hell instead. = Broken dreams, failing health, dwindling finances.
At this point, the balcony with a low reiling is only a few steps away.....
Cheers.

Why would a person do that I wonder, especially when there are so many other less terrifying and traumatic ways out, it doesn't make sense.

23 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

I wish you people would read properly------- She is dead.In my opinion she is better off anyway.Can you imagine a life being deaf or dumb and having a permanently crippled body.RIP poor young lady

But the victim was not dead and was still breathing.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:02 AM, Toshiba66 said:

Incredible that she initially survived the fall.

Not so uncommon. Skydivers who bounce at terminal velocity frequently survive a few hours. Their organs are mush and they expire later in the hospital.

18 minutes ago, midzo said:

Not so uncommon. Skydivers who bounce at terminal velocity frequently survive a few hours. Their organs are mush and they expire later in the hospital.

Could also be balance in the fall, if she was concious and trying to turn to feet first or to land on her bum she'd instinctively not go head first into the pavement.  Most who commit suicide know to get the deed done you dive right in head first.

If your falling and want to live you won't smash your head in.

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey thats sick how u talk!imagine thats your daughter see how u feel than!

To be quiet honest I am so sick of these people over balconies You right i do  feel sorry for her and the guy looks as guilty as sin

Much will depend on how connected any of her family or relatives are and how much they complain or are induced to complain.  And of course as others have posted there has never been any follow up or charges that I am aware of for any falang that has fallen or even allegedly been pushed from a balcony. 

The Swede is a convicted criminal , charged with violence and hitting people in the face. Another bad guy in Pattaya. I am not saying he is guilty but I would say the police is onto something here.

2 hours ago, balo said:

The Swede is a convicted criminal , charged with violence and hitting people in the face. Another bad guy in Pattaya. I am not saying he is guilty but I would say the police is onto something here.

Actually seems he is originally from Finland but lives in Sweden.

Archived