New ferry services to connect Sattahip with Koh Chang and Hua Hin

webfact

New ferry services to connect Sattahip with Koh Chang and Hua Hin

fe.jpg

File Photo

SATTAHIP: -- Royal Passenger Liner Co, the company which operates the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service will launch  two new routes, it has been announced.

The new services, which will begin in May, will connect Sattahip with Koh Chang and Hua Hin.

The Sattahip-Koh Chang service will operate from the Chuk Samet pier in Sattahip, Chonburi, to the Bang Bao pier on Koh Chang.

While the Sattahip-Hua Hin service will also run from Chuk Samet pier to the Khao Takiab pier in south Hua Hin.

The announcement was made by the Marine Department chief Sorasak Saensombat who said Royal Passenger Liner will purchase two new ferries in order to operate the service.

Each ferry will be able to accommodate 350 passengers.

Also in the pipeline is a new service that will connect Sattahip with either Pranburi or Phetchaburi, although the details of which were unclear in the Thai report.

Voice TV reported that the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry carried a total of 10,689 passengers in February and March, 6,995 were foreigners, while 3,694 were Thai nationals. Out of the foreigners, 4,472 were from Europe, 1,543 were from China.

There was no information regarding ticket prices for the new service.

A one way ticket for the Pattaya-Hua Hin service costs 1,250 baht.

Source: Voice TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

Now if they could only take cars and motorcycles.

Don't forget ... we are in Thailand where this is the best their great minds can come up with. They won't reach that level of thinking for another 100 years. 

I'm all for progress but I hope that hoards of tourists don't descend on Koh Chang, One of the only beautiful preserved islands in Thailand.! Also, nothing stopping these tourists from taking the local taxis to all other koh Chang beaches . Can anyone say how long such a trip would take ?

1 hour ago, geisha said:

I'm all for progress but I hope that hoards of tourists don't descend on Koh Chang, One of the only beautiful preserved islands in Thailand.! Also, nothing stopping these tourists from taking the local taxis to all other koh Chang beaches . Can anyone say how long such a trip would take ?

Agree on this ,Chang does'nt need extra hoardes its still quite chilled out .But progress usually ruins mst things imo

17 minutes ago, portroyal said:

Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry is great for tourists coming from HH to discover the wild wild Pattaya life. But those living in Pattaya shouldn't be allowed to go to HH

he he...

I heard they are only allowing people from HH in that are equipped with a heart rate monitor and who have medical insurance. 555

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

So how long dose it take from your hotel in Hua Hin to your hotel in Pattaya. Is it worth the 800THB extra in fairs?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

To me it is worth the fare cost.

A bus is cheap but who wants to sit on a bus for 4-6 hours?

A car? Hassle and running cost.

A minivan? You can't be serious.

However, I missed the ferry from Hua Him to Pattaya twice because they left 30 minutes to an hour before the scheduled time. In each case they said they had to leave early because the tide was going out.

Too bad the tides here are so unpredictable here in Thailand, probably a Cambodian plot. In most of the world you can get very accurate information on tidal current timing.

Also, why not just ring a bell or blow a horn as a fifteen minute early warning of earlier departure? Somebody at the company will get a promotion some day for venturing such a revolutionary idea to save passenger frustration with the erratic service.

They cheerfully refunded my ticket price and apologized profusely, as they no doubt had to hundreds of such would-be passengers since the service started.

I then just rode my motorcycle back to Chaam and called it a day. Mai pen rai as they say.

To me it is worth the fare cost.
A bus is cheap but who wants to sit on a bus for 4-6 hours?
A car? Hassle and running cost.
A minivan? You can't be serious.

However, I missed the ferry from Hua Him to Pattaya twice because they left 30 minutes to an hour before the scheduled time. In each case they said they had to leave early because the tide was going out.

Too bad the tides here are so unpredictable here in Thailand, probably a Cambodian plot. In most of the world you can get very accurate information on tidal current timing.

Also, why not just ring a bell or blow a horn as a fifteen minute early warning of earlier departure? Somebody at the company will get a promotion some day for venturing such a revolutionary idea to save passenger frustration with the erratic service.
They cheerfully refunded my ticket price and apologized profusely, as they no doubt had to hundreds of such would-be passengers since the service started.

I then just rode my motorcycle back to Chaam and called it a day. Mai pen rai as they say.

But how long is the ferry?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, portroyal said:

Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry is great for tourists coming from HH to discover the wild wild Pattaya life. But those living in Pattaya shouldn't be allowed to go to HH

he he...

Sorry, but nobody who knows life in Pattaya wants to go to HH shiiitehole...

48 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Another ferry, but when it comes to service:

1. bicycles are not allowed, even folded

2. pets are not allowed even the smallest ones, even in cages.

I wonder who owns Royal Passenger Lines, but for me they can go to hell!

It's a Thai company managed by Thai, did you forget ?

:-)

It is too bad that the Pattaya to Hua Hin servise runs to he KhaoTakiab dock where tides are a factor.

They should get the main pier in Hua Hin fixed as it has deeper water and  is  handier to get into the city

from. Of course this would make too much sense  and not so much money in the song tao pockets.

Geezer

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, survivalblue said:

This might be alright.  Going direct to Bang Bao.

Not ideal for White Sands or Lonely Beach.  But It might give Bang Bao a bit of a boost in business.

Agree that it isn't ideal for white sands, but lonely beach is only 6 or 7 km from Bang Bao and a lot closer than the current ferry ports in the north of the island.

I think the big winners in this will be Bang Bao and Klong Kloi as when the ferry comes in passengers will be able to see the beautiful Klong Kloi beach. I also think Bailan and Lonely will profit from it as well because there are limited places to stay in Bang Bao and Klong Kloi, having said that the is building work happening in these areas right now.

I'm happy that the ferry isn't for cars as there are already enough cars on Koh Chang just try and get of the island after Songkran or New Year or in fact any holiday and you'll see what I mean, the queues for the ferries quite often goes back as far as white sands.

The other reason is that when it rains the roads especially in the south of the island are incredibly dangerous its like driving on sheet ice couple that with the mountainous terrain and it doesn't take a genius to work out what happens and the hospitals on Koh Chang do a roaring trade.

Archived