New ferry services to connect Sattahip with Koh Chang and Hua Hin

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pegman said:

It's also a province with a coastline on the gulf.

I did think about that, but as all the other places mentioned - Sattahip, Koh Chang, Pranburi - are precise locations it seemed inconsistent to throw a province into the mix. 

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, Sheryl said:

Do the current ferries not take at least cars?  :shock1:

I thought that is the definition of a ferry...

The current ferries take cars they dock in the north of the island, this new ferry to my understanding will be a passenger only ferry with no cars as Bang Bao pier would in it's current form not be able to take cars.

19 hours ago, pegman said:

I have not traveled to the south end of the island. Can anyone give a rough idea  how long time wise from the pier to White Sands Beach?

About 30-40 minutes.

I think you are all missing the fun part.

Let's say a few bus loads of zero dollar tourists and a sprinkling of Europeans getting off in K.C and some taxis waiting. With certain groups noted for their patience and orderly queuing manners just imagine the enchanting scenes.

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

interesting. I would think there would be some conflict with the current land and smaller ferry infrastructure.  Is this a sign of the times, bigger business putting the smaller shops out of business?

More like the government putting smaller ferry out of business. 

On 4/20/2017 at 2:05 PM, spermwhale said:

Don't forget ... we are in Thailand where this is the best their great minds can come up with. They won't reach that level of thinking for another 100 years. 

They're smarter than you think. How many of those tourists who took the ferry actually have cars or bikes? Obviously they've determined the cost of ferrying motor vehicles is not cost effective because there are not enough to make a profit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 10:26 PM, keskeseksa said:

Another ferry, but when it comes to service:

1. bicycles are not allowed, even folded

2. pets are not allowed even the smallest ones, even in cages.

I wonder who owns Royal Passenger Lines, but for me they can go to hell!

Every time some actual person is quoted in any of the news reports regarding this service, it seems to be someone from the Thai government like the Marine Department folks.... Perhaps that's a clue...

That also could well explain why they seem to operate the way they do.

22 hours ago, ICECOOL said:

7000 passengers in March ! 225 average! A little exaggeration perhaps. I can't justify the 5k fares for 2 plus taxi's when I have to be there 1hr before. For me thats a 4hr total trip. I can easily drive to Pattaya myself in a little over that for a lot less.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Think you'll find it's 10689 for February & March of which 7000 were foreigners.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 1:51 PM, Sakeopete said:

Now if they could only take cars and motorcycles.

if the boat did take these what would the price be and how do they charge ....price for big car.....price for small car.....price for truck etc

Just now, Techno Viking said:

this not yet running appears to upset you greatly Garbolino, chill out bro otherwise you gunna have a heart atack.

just curious as IT was suppose to start weeks ago....but they never know the actual operating day/date....they just pluck one out of the air....like the UNDERPASS...it STILL NOT open as far as I know

5 minutes ago, garbolino said:

just curious as IT was suppose to start weeks ago....but they never know the actual operating day/date....they just pluck one out of the air....like the UNDERPASS...it STILL NOT open as far as I know

Thai time, get used to it.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, garbolino said:

so has this service started YET...??

I have not seen anything to say it has.....or is it just another pie in the sky idea as so many things are in this country 

Prolly a good chance an article will be in the news section once these new services start.

• 2 months later...

Archived