Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grollies

Gardening Safety

Recommended Posts

"Keep antihistamines handy."

 

What's this for? In case the Malayan (not Malaysian) Pit Viper that kills you has a sinus issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, sounds like a nature reserve..Keep aligator's in the swimming pool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

New guidelines:

1. Pay someone 100 baht to do your gardening.

2. Open beer.

3. If you hear screaming or "weewah weewah" open second beer.

Good advice ThaiWai, but for us avid gardeners it's all about doing it ourselves, getting our hands dirty and then at the end of a long, hot day opening a cold beer and looking out at what we have accomplished during the course of the day/week/year. 

Everybody has his/her own version of paradise ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djayz said:

Good advice ThaiWai, but for us avid gardeners it's all about doing it ourselves, getting our hands dirty and then at the end of a long, hot day opening a cold beer and looking out at what we have accomplished during the course of the day/week/year. 

Everybody has his/her own version of paradise ?

:thumbsup:

I just gotta earn that cold beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

If they like you it's OK,they end up living with you,here our house spider 'Goliath'

a real spider.jpg

What kind of a spider is that one? A huntsman? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djayz said:

What kind of a spider is that one? A huntsman? 

No idea, i posted a question on TV but nobody has answered, we leave it alone and he leaves us alone, we call him Goliath but he doesn't come when called

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No idea, i posted a question on TV but nobody has answered, we leave it alone and he leaves us alone, we call him Goliath but he doesn't come when called

I did... check your topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

"Keep antihistamines handy."

 

What's this for? In case the Malayan (not Malaysian) Pit Viper that kills you has a sinus issue?

Wasp stings ThaiWai, wasp stings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

:thumbsup:

I just gotta earn that cold beer.

Me too... I work like a madman all day in the scorching sun and come 4:30-5pm it's time to pack the tools away, wash up and crack open a big, ice cold Beer Chang and just wallow in the fact that I did something useful that day. 

In the space of a year/year and a half I turned our neglected house and garden into a place that now looks like human beings actually live there.

Still a lot more to do, but finally I'm happy with what I've achived so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grollies said:

Wasp stings ThaiWai, wasp stings.

... and ant bites. :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

 

 

What's this for? In case the Malayan (not Malaysian) Pit Viper that kills you has a sinus issue?

 

 

I do beg your pardon, you are of course quite right, Malayan Pit Viper, not 'Malaysian'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, djayz said:

Me too... I work like a madman all day in the scorching sun and come 4:30-5pm it's time to pack the tools away, wash up and crack open a big, ice cold Beer Chang and just wallow in the fact that I did something useful that day. 

In the space of a year/year and a half I turned our neglected house and garden into a place that now looks like human beings actually live there.

Still a lot more to do, but finally I'm happy with what I've achived so far. 

Ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I also react to ant bites... particularly those tiny little red fire ants.

I end up with groups of swollen red spots that develop a blister on the top. They hurt, itch, and last up to a week.

Scratching can cause the bites to become infected, in which case they may last longer.

Applying a cool compress or ice can soothe the itching and reduce the swelling but the reaction still happens.

 

Jai Dee, where do you get Chaindrite, and is it harmful to dogs and cats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possum1931 said:

Jai Dee, where do you get Chaindrite, and is it harmful to dogs and cats?

Chaindrite_1_M_0029.png

 

I usually get mine from Makro, but most grocery stores have it too.

Tesco Lotus, BigC, etc. all carry it.

Chaindrite_1.pdf

I have attached the MSDS for the product... I would hazard a guess as to say that it is very harmful to pets.

It is very toxic and I am very careful to be upwind of it when spraying so not to breathe any fumes or get it in my eyes.

A thorough wash of the hands after use is also advisable.

The most obvious effect of its toxicity is the number of dead cockroaches you find in the vicinity the following day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Chaindrite_1_M_0029.png

 

I usually get mine from Makro, but most grocery stores have it too.

Tesco Lotus, BigC, etc. all carry it.

Chaindrite_1.pdf

I have attached the MSDS for the product... I would hazard a guess as to say that it is very harmful to pets.

It is very toxic and I am very careful to be upwind of it when spraying so not to breathe any fumes or get it in my eyes.

A thorough wash of the hands after use is also advisable.

The most obvious effect of its toxicity is the number of dead cockroaches you find in the vicinity the following day.

 

Steady on chaps, this is the 'organic' forum. :-)

 

Not sure I'd be spraying this all over the garden. In the house/kitchen fair dooos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...