Monks defrocked after drinks party in the woods

webfact

Monks defrocked after drinks party in the woods

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

MAHASARAKHAM: -- Three monks have been defrocked after they were found boozing at their quarters in the woods at a temple in Mahasarakham.

Soldiers, police and temple officials had been on their case for a month but yesterday the saffron clad tipplers were caught red handed along with a lot of empty bottles, Thai News Agency.

There were four in total but one was not drunk so he was let off. The three others had alcohol readings up to 301 milligrams.

The trio - aged 45 - 56 - were immediately sent for removal from holy orders.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-21

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

Soldiers, police and temple officials had been on their case for a month but yesterday the saffron clad tipplers were caught red handed along with a lot of empty bottles

Surely the soldiers and BIB have better things to do. 

Big wow, someone was drinking. 

So much time and effort over a few drunken monks.

Pity the soldiers and police had nothing better to do.

After all everybody knows that monks go on the lash all the time, not really news, just an every day occurance.

6 hours ago, chowny77 said:

What happened about the monk in his UFO complex. It has all gone quiet about him.......

Old news the flavor of the day melts fast. Keep watching FB he will more than likely surface at some international party central. They always seem to want to thumb their nose at the law once they have cleared the area. 

Never worn a frock myself.

Reminds of the American lady who asked the Scotsman, is anything worn under your kilt?  Nah, he replied, it'a all working just fine, put your hand up and check. She does and exclaims my god that's gruesome, put it back he says, it's grew some more.

???

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Monks drinking or having sex with consenting adults - couldn't care less. 

Monks having sex with minors and stealing from the public - these are the monks police should be monitoring and investigating. 

Buddhism has a special place in society... this society.... and boozing yourself up is more than just not being 100% "monk like".   

1 minute ago, maewang99 said:

it's one thing for schools and universities to be fake.   who cares.  but Buddhism has a special place in Thai society... and boozing yourself up is more than just not being "monk like".  it's a bit more than that. 

Yes. Most people don't follow the rhetoric and use it as a good luck charm in the quest for fortune and fame. 

To paraphrase JFK "Ask not what you can do for your religion - but what your religion can do for you"

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

If you go down to the woods today,you're sure of a big surprize.

defrocked,off to next temple,join again,no problem.

regards worgeordie

Maybe this is the group that were caught and defrocked last year. That group vowed to move to another temple and keep drinking 

Way too many monks in Thailand, but they're needed to make up the numbers required for ceremonies: 9 for homes, 10 for funerals etc. At the way too many ceremonies I've been to I'd say the general formula is (Starting from the furthest left monk): Head monk(knows his shit, might even believe his shit), devoted monk, devoted monk, trying hard/no options, scumbag, scumbag, drug dealer, gangster, gangster, drug user. >_>

On 2017/4/21 at 7:16 AM, overherebc said:

Never worn a frock myself.

Reminds of the American lady who asked the Scotsman, is anything worn under your kilt?  Nah, he replied, it'a all working just fine, put your hand up and check. She does and exclaims my god that's gruesome, put it back he says, it's grew some more.

???

the Scotsman said, "This American lady sucks"

Archived