Teenage girl stabbed to death in Klong Luang

snoop1130

Teenage girl stabbed to death in Klong Luang

By The Nation

7276e59f6c0f954c28e735076b2d163a.jpeg

Four men have been arrested after a 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death during a brawl in Pathum Thani’s Klong Luang district early Friday morning.

Police found the body of a teenage girl with a fatal stab wound in her neck when they responded to a report of a fist fight at 2.30am in Tambon Klong 6 area. A 21-year-old man identified as Chalermpol Jankaew had suffered two stab wounds in his torso and was rushed to Thanyaburi Hospital. 

An 18-year-old female eyewitness told police that she and friends went to have a drink at a nearby pub when a group of men approached them and asked for her phone number. She refused and walked out of the pub. 

She said a fight broke out between Chalermpol, who was her ex-boyfriend, and the men. 

Following the brawl, the men tried to flee but four of them were captured by nearby residents and handed over to police. The four suspects were later identified as the alleged stabber Thanin Sompong, 23, Weerachai Pulthawee, 20, Suriyong Thingcharoen, 26 and Nanthapiwat Wongreed, 20. 

Thanin told police that he knew the 18-year-old witness. He claimed that Chalermpol saw the girl with his group and this led to the fist fight.

Police say he admitted stabbing Chalermpol and the 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death unintentionally.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312945

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-21

What's the chances these guys don't really know or fully understand what socially acceptable behavior and values are and what is not acceptable.

I often think, globally, more and more folks don't know what is 'normal' and acceptable, but then of course it can be debated forever who has any right to decide / define 'normal'.

Bottom line for me is the lack of education opportunities:  parental, by day to day observation of society and in formal education, plus rampant capitalism and massive disparity in income and purchasing power, all fueling that they feel they have been left behind, are unwanted, and they feel lost and helpless. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police say he admitted stabbing Chalermpol and the 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death unintentionally.

Unintentionally, yes he was just going to spread butter on them like we do to bread, what an idiot.

Lack of education, little employment opportunities, etc, etc, etc and we end up with the trash while some pocket what should be going to into programmes for these drop outs to get them to contribute to society as opposed to letting them run wild, drinking, and causing death.

So sorry for the girl exiting life so young, but one has to ask what the <deleted> was she doing out, call me old fashion, but 16 years young, yes I know its Thailand, all the more reason to keep them in at night.

RIP little one.

"Police say he admitted stabbing Chalermpol and the 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death unintentionally."

Duh! The knife slipped while stabbing Chalermpol? The girl intentionally ran into the knife? One "unintentional" stab and she was dead?

RIP young girl.

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

What's the chances these guys don't really know or fully understand what socially acceptable behavior and values are and what is not acceptable.

I often think, globally, more and more folks don't know what is 'normal' and acceptable, but then of course it can be debated forever who has any right to decide / define 'normal'.

Bottom line for me is the lack of education opportunities:  parental, by day to day observation of society and in formal education, plus rampant capitalism and massive disparity in income and purchasing power, all fueling that they feel they have been left behind, are unwanted, and they feel lost and helpless. 

Thainess at it's finest.

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

I have seen a few of these fights where they poor out of a pool bar or a karaoke, and pick up anything they can get their hands on to use as weapons.

Then most of them run away, sadly if they have knives and guns it is very bad, my friend saw 2 murders in two weeks, one a man shot another man from behind my friends table, and another one at a market where one young man slashed another's head with a machete, killing him over loosing face for a debt.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

... Lack of education, little employment opportunities, etc, etc, etc and we end up with the trash while some pocket what should be going to into programmes for these drop outs to get them to contribute to society as opposed to letting them run wild, drinking, and causing death. ...

What country are you talking about?

Life in Thailand.  We farangs are shocked and disgusted by these stories whereas Thais shrug their shoulders and just move on.  It is their country and this is what they consider is normal behaviour to a great extent.  Consequently nothing will change. 

This is what happens to countries that were never colonised. Most of the inhabitants are still uncivilised despite whatever you may see outwardly!

You might want to try reading a Western newspaper. Stabbings like this are an regularity. No reason for Thailand to be any different and nothing whatsoever to do with colonisation.

Archived