Heads up, be sure that who ever you are staying with in Thailand does the TM30 form and has you registered at the address within 24hrs of arrival.

I got stung yesterday while applying for a visa extension because the TM30 form wasn't filed within the first 24hrs of arrival.

Had to pay a fine 500baht. No doubt pocketed, because there was no receipt.

I've had to register at a house before, so it was something new for me.

Sent from my Le X820 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Why are you being fined (scammed) for something the 'house owner' hasn't done?

TM30 is not to be made by the "house owner" but by the "house master",

so if your owner doesn't do it for you, you have to do it.

TM30 is not to be made by the "house owner" but by the "house master", so if your owner doesn't do it for you, you have to do it.

I agree with your practical solution but looking into the actual law states 3 descriptions and In my mind (yes,dangerous hey!) they all imply that it should be a controller/owner of the house so therefor not usually a farang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

I agree with your practical solution but looking into the actual law states 3 descriptions and In my mind (yes,dangerous hey!) they all imply that it should be a controller/owner of the house so therefor not usually a farang.

Section 4 of the  immigration act states this.

"House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

• Like 1

But there are reports of foreign condo owners not being able to sign as housemaster for their Tennants...that would indicate they are working as a property manager.  I got stung for 1600 as owner occupant of condo in CM...Yellow Book was only proof that I had been there without tm30....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section 38 of the Immigration Act says that the house-master, possessor or owner must make the notification but the choice is, in fact, only between two persons, the tenant or the owner, because with a rented residence the tenant is the possessor and therefore the house-master as defined in Section 4 of the Immigration Act.

No wonder immigration officials are confused, given this unprofessional and nonsensical wording of paragraph 1 of Section 38.

Another element adding to the confusion is probably the fact that with a rented residence the owner is not the house-master under the terms of the Immigration Act, because he has handed possession over to the tenant, but he remains of course listed as house-master in his house registration book under the terms of the Civil Registration Act ( in English also known as the Law on People Act)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

You can split legal hairs all year on the translations and wording, but the reality is to do it the way the local Immigration Office wants it or not get your extension...your local agent will tell you the same thing.

I agree with your observation.

38 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Arrived October BKK. Fly to CNX. 90 day report via Thai post. In lounge BKK now. Just cleared Immigration. No TM30 required. No fine. No nothing. BOBS

Immigration officials at airports and other border posts are not concerned about the TM.30 form, neither on departure nor on arrival.

• Like 1

Immigration officials at airports and other border posts are not concerned about the TM.30 form, neither on departure nor on arrival.

So why do it ? Immigration does not seem to require it. Did 2 90 day reports. Never asked for it. I repeat - BOBS

• Like 1

So why do it ? Immigration does not seem to require it. Did 2 90 day reports. Never asked for it. I repeat - BOBS

Members' posts in this forum indicate that some immigration offices require the notification of arrival of foreigners​ at a private residence on some occasions. You will find some recent topics on this subject, if you are interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2