Fraudster spent £100k on Thailand holidays and posted pictures with 'prostitutes' on Facebook

rooster59

Fraudster spent £100k on Thailand holidays and posted pictures with 'prostitutes' on Facebook

BY NICK MCCARTHY

064011AB000003E8.jpg

Adam Lapworth pictured on his own Facebook page with a naked woman in Thailand

Adam Lapworth was jailed for two-and-a-half years for stealing £265k from the taxpayer

A fraudster spent £100,000 of stolen cash on luxury trips to Thailand - and kept a Facebook diary as he cavorted with a string of 'prostitutes'.

Tamworth car salesman Adam Lapworth, 32, has been jailed for two-and-a-half years after stealing a total of £265,000 from taxpayers, which he also splashed on drugs and gambling.

Birmingham Crown Court heard the conman had set up a fake company, ADL Tech UK, and submitted four year’s of false VAT returns to defraud the taxpayer.

After his arrest Lapworth initially claimed the crimes took place because of depression.

Full story: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/fraudster-spent-100k-thailand-holidays-12926559

Birmingham MAIL: 2017-04-22

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he is blacklisted now... Would anyone be surprised if his first port of call upon release is LOS.

Probably done some networking in his time out east... All in all though a proper scumbag, hope he has a great time in the nick

1 hour ago, prestburypark said:

If he returns here, no doubt he will get busted for money laundering and be held to ransom by the Thai authorities like the Dutch Coffeeshop owner .

Is this Dutch guy still arrested in TH?

I know a similar bloke living here from same area. If anything hes worse than this guy. The one I know went back to UK, took out as many credit cards as he could lay his filthy hands on, maxed them all out, and.....wait for this bit......he had fraudulently taken the cards out in the names and addresses of members of his family.....sisters, nephews, etc etc. who then received all the demands for cash, visits from debt collectors etc.

If I knew where he was I d shop him in a flash without hesitation.....what a scumbag, but as my Thai partner keeps telling me, what goes around comes around.....just hope it does.

1 minute ago, EL159 said:

I know a similar bloke living here from same area. If anything hes worse than this guy. The one I know went back to UK, took out as many credit cards as he could lay his filthy hands on, maxed them all out, and.....wait for this bit......he had fraudulently taken the cards out in the names and addresses of members of his family.....sisters, nephews, etc etc. who then received all the demands for cash, visits from debt collectors etc.

If I knew where he was I d shop him in a flash without hesitation.....what a scumbag, but as my Thai partner keeps telling me, what goes around comes around.....just hope it does.

From my days in the bar scene I remember almost every Brit I met bragged about that they had done the same before they moved here.

Must be the most favourite pastime in the UK.

3 hours ago, z42 said:

I wonder if he is blacklisted now... Would anyone be surprised if his first port of call upon release is LOS.

Probably done some networking in his time out east... All in all though a proper scumbag, hope he has a great time in the nick

He cannot be blacklisted because he spends money while in Thailand.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A fraudster spent £100,000 of stolen cash on luxury trips to Thailand - and kept a Facebook diary as he cavorted with a string of 'prostitutes'.

Tamworth car salesman Adam Lapworth, 32, has been jailed for two-and-a-half years after stealing a total of £265,000 from taxpayers, which he also splashed on drugs and gambling.

Quality tourist, if we judge on spending. 

The original photo and video are still posted on his Facebook page, and more entertaining than the media-published versions.

https://www.facebook.com/adam.lapworth.7/videos?lst=100003161382494%3A100002132110694%3A1492861252

Good times how i miss it sometimes 1f642.png:)

And then this more recent note from earlier this month, prior to his sentencing:

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who believed in me and helped me turn my life around for the better. Without you guys i couldnt have done it. I am facing the biggest challenge tomorrow and the foreseable future but i promise that i will carry on doing the right things and will see you all again one day in the future. Your love and support for me will always be remembered and never be forgotten. Take care all and thank you again and see you all soon. To one of my best friends and Uncle up above thank you for the memories and you will always be a part of me. Watch over me old boy with my Mother because your strengths will carry me through. All my love always Adam xx

A fraudster spent £100,000 of stolen cash on luxury trips to Thailand ...

It's funny how when government demands our money with menaces, it's legal, but when someone relieves the government of that same money he is a 'fraudster' and gets severely punished.

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Many MPs often use drugs, gamble and go with high class prostitutes at the taxpayers expense, but I`ve yet to see one brought to book for it.

Check out Keith  Vaz the long time Leicester MP. He's more untouchable than the teflon don!

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

From my days in the bar scene I remember almost every Brit I met bragged about that they had done the same before they moved here.

Must be the most favourite pastime in the UK.

Or their again maybe you were hallucinating?

Archived