Immigration Office Construction

CMBob

Checked out the old Immigration office site for progress today.  So far, while a large multistory (it appears) building is going up, only the foundation is pretty much in place.  The old blue Immigration office (Building 2) remains as does Building 3 in the back right corner but, other than those two structures, everything else has been razed on the site.  And it would appear that the open space could provide a whole lot more parking place.  Time of completion?  I'd guess at least 1-1&1/2 years from now.  

ImmOfficeConstruct001.jpg

ImmOfficeConstruct002.jpg

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

Is building 3 still open for business?

I doubt it.  While somebody posted about January that they went there and got their TM30 updated and while I did see some cars parked in front of that building (whether that means officer or customer or construction worker vehicles, I'm not sure), I didn't see any obvious activity.  But there is a rather large sign in red at the entry to the complex in Thai which reads in English: "Construction Area - No Admittance." (yea, I violated that when going in to take some photos)

9 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Well if they were open for business I would as previous visits there were an absolute breeze and never took more than 5 minutes. 

I am so glad you have found your 'rose tinted glasses'!

The location of the Immigration Offices has had, and has, no bearing on their level, or lack of service. I have been using agents, under various guises, because of the poor service, long before Prom was ever built!

If anything you can at least park at Prom.

35 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am so glad you have found your 'rose tinted glasses'!

The location of the Immigration Offices has had, and has, no bearing on their level, or lack of service. I have been using agents, under various guises, because of the poor service, long before Prom was ever built!

If anything you can at least park at Prom.

Don't wear glasses rose tint or otherwise sorry.

I have used building 3 on 4 occasions and each time I have been out of there literally within 5 minutes and for this reason was simply enquiring if they were open for business as the photo above shows roof firmly in place and cars parked in front.

Thats it. 

12 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Don't wear glasses rose tint or otherwise sorry.

I have used building 3 on 4 occasions and each time I have been out of there literally within 5 minutes and for this reason was simply enquiring if they were open for business as the photo above shows roof firmly in place and cars parked in front.

Thats it. 

MEA CULPA

Sorry Mahseer.

If I had put on my glasses  I would have seen your previous post re building 3.  I just assumed you were talking the whole Immigration scenario.

:sorry:

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

MEA CULPA

Sorry Mahseer.

If I had put on my glasses  I would have seen your previous post re building 3.  I just assumed you were talking the whole Immigration scenario.

:sorry:

It's all good mate. Life goes on.

The way the CM foreigner population is growing parking will be totally inadequate.It was possible,way back, to park at the airport and walk.I think you can forget that option which leaves Airport Plaza or the petrol station over the road.Not sure who owns that large slice of land next door but with the fees Imm collect you would have thought they could have bought that and done a bit of future planning.

43 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

The way the CM foreigner population is growing parking will be totally inadequate.It was possible,way back, to park at the airport and walk.I think you can forget that option which leaves Airport Plaza or the petrol station over the road.Not sure who owns that large slice of land next door but with the fees Imm collect you would have thought they could have bought that and done a bit of future planning.

Once or twice a year can't people take Uber, Lyft, Taxi, red bus, etc?  The world doesn't really need more parking lots. Some shade trees would be nice, though. 

Maybe they are looking waay into the future when very few people will own cars.  JKJK.

23 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Once or twice a year can't people take Uber, Lyft, Taxi, red bus, etc?  The world doesn't really need more parking lots. Some shade trees would be nice, though. 

Maybe they are looking waay into the future when very few people will own cars.  JKJK.

Once or twice a year! Many people need more visits.

lots of in outs of the country - tm30 visits

Residence cert - 2 visits each one

90 day reporting - don't rust post/online not working - 4/5 trips if not flying in out

Visa extensions

More than one member in the family with different dates

Living out of town - held to ransom for return journey at Airport prices

Uber etc may not be around/or is a firm a person wants to use.

Choice and mobility - you have to come into town with your transport anyway

Choice. I want the ability to use my own transport when I want.

39 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Well based on your theory the mega shopping malls can get rid of their parking lots,build condos and shop house on them ,there is a shortage of those.

Of course you need parking, people come from all over the province,not all are physically capable of walking. Not very one rides a motor bike

Been to City Hall lately ?  there would be a 1,000 cars there any time of the week

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

The large piece of land next door is occupied by another Government dept,and nothing much

seems to happen there,the sensible thing (in the real World) would be for them to swap plots,

but I dont think the manager of the larger plot would do it ,he would lose face,by moving to a smaller plot.

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Well based on your theory the mega shopping malls can get rid of their parking lots,build condos and shop house on them ,there is a shortage of those.

Well, based on your theory they should tear down the condos and shop houses and pour concrete over all the parks to make more parking lots.

See, you don't have a monopoly on asinine absurdity. 

Scottiejohn is a rare case. Many people have figured out how to use the post option for 90 days and rarely visit imm for other stuff. 

On 4/23/2017 at 4:48 PM, CMBob said:

While somebody posted about January that they went there and got their TM30 updated

that was probably me after i came back from manila !

ive just come back from hong kong a week ago and i did my tm 30 at

promenada this time coz i thought at the airport one would be a no no

by now ? .... so i never went there :)

dave2

immigration tm 30 report office 19 jan17 20170119_105153.jpg

hong kong wheel 14 apr 17 20170414_103059.jpg

2 hours ago, amexpat said:

Scottiejohn is a rare case. Many people have figured out how to use the post option for 90 days and rarely visit imm for other stuff. 

What I said was that many people may not wish to trust their passport to the Thai postal service and until the online system is available to them they must either visit Immigration in person or use and agent, if they have a free parking space.

Also many people do have to make multi visits for the reasons I have outlined above, especially if you have a family on separate schedules.

I wish to have the option of using my own transport and having a place to park at the premises I wish to visit. 

What I said was that many people may not wish to trust their passport to the Thai postal service and until the online system is available to them they must either visit Immigration in person or use and agent, if they have a free parking space.

Never had to mail passport to do 90 day report by mail. Is it now required or are you misinformed?

Just now, Bill97 said:

Never had to mail passport to do 90 day report by mail. Is it now required or are you misinformed?

You only need to post copies of pages in  the passport , I have been doing it quiet

a while now, last week sent on Tuesday, returned Saturday.

regards worgeordie

Archived