Australian TV Kodi addon

burgerking

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Me too. Ditching my IPTV subscription. Same old story, work good at the start, then hopeless.
Have ANY of these communication companies heard about 'customer service'?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Hi Carlyai,   What IPTV service are you using to get Australian TV ?

Cheers

Hi Carlyai,   What IPTV service are you using to get Australian TV ?
Cheers

I'm not sure I can mention.it on here as some moderator said it was illegal, but I searched and can't find anything.
The name is something like this: I like High Definition TV. So you need to put that in a URL browser format. But it's crap at the moment, specially when the football is on. Drives me to drink.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

not 100% sure but it appears for me that it depends what your using.

to me depends what I am using.. eg: have a very old laptop [screen went about 6 years ago] use this in a bedroom..  running XP and Kodi 15 Isengard...  my PC is Windows 10 running Kodi 16 Jarvis....  1x Android box 4,4 Kitkat 1 GB also running Kodi 16 Jarvis. and the newer box 2 GB + 4K running  Android 6 Marshmellow  and Kodi 17 Krypton..

I can get many different ones on  Kodi 17 Krypton, that just do not run on Kodi 15 Isengard.  also a little odd can get some on Kodi 16 Jarvis running on my PC, but will not run on Kodi 16 Jarvis on the Android box 4.4 Kitkat

every few months have a mess around with Kodi mostly on my PC, If I like something then transfer it to the other devises, but sometimes they will not run on a Android box

10 hours ago, burgerking said:

working setup for kodi addon for Australian TV

OTTtv Kodi addon (a subscription IPTV service) has 64 Aust TV channels, but most also need an Aust VPN if outside that country. A few of the channels work without VPN. It also works without Kodi.

I would love to be proven wrong, but as far as I know there are not any kodi addons that get around the Australian Geo-blocking, you still need an Australian IP address, VPN. If you have a VPN to Australia then you dont need Kodi as the content can be accessed by websites , apps etc. Hopefully Opera Browser, which has a built in VPN, will add an Australian server in the future.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I would love to be proven wrong, but as far as I know there are not any kodi addons that get around the Australian Geo-blocking, you still need an Australian IP address, VPN. If you have a VPN to Australia then you dont need Kodi as the content can be accessed by websites , apps etc. Hopefully Opera Browser, which has a built in VPN, will add an Australian server in the future.

Most of the channels in the MX Australia addon work without vpn, and it is free.

58fcc93a3a9e7_channel9.JPG.4bb7c932a67d8b1a91ea7107030558bf.JPG

13 hours ago, carlyai said:

I'm not sure I can mention.it on here as some moderator said it was illegal, but I searched and can't find anything.

All IPTV subscriptions that enable Sky Channels to be watched in Thailand, and that include those promoted on this forum, are illegal

11 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Most of the channels in the MX Australia addon work without vpn, and it is free.

58fcc93a3a9e7_channel9.JPG.4bb7c932a67d8b1a91ea7107030558bf.JPG

I have tried a couple of times to get that going but all the links to repositories etc appear out of date, where are you getting it from ?

1 minute ago, Jai Dee said:

Here's a link to "plugin.video.mxoz-1.0.9":

Just 'install from zip' through Kodi like normal.

I haven't tried them all but some of the channels still work. 

Capture73.JPG

Of course the MX OZ still works, but for some it's easier to slag off a free addon that you don't know how to install, then pay for something that doesn't perform any better.

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Here's a link to "plugin.video.mxoz-1.0.9":

Just 'install from zip' through Kodi like normal.

I haven't tried them all but some of the channels still work. 

Capture73.JPG

Hi Jai Dee,

Exactly what I was looking for..

Thank You

Cheers

Hi

Seems like all the channels are down at the moment, I have noticed when it is working channel 9 works fine without a VPN, for channel 7, a VPN is needed.

I will just keep using the 7 and 9 apk apps download on my android box for the time being, as they are always working. The Australian freeview apk app also works great all of the time, but you need a VPN to to watch it.

Hope this has helped you.

Would love to know how to watch foxsports Australia over here. Do you know anyway of getting it?

I see Thai expat tv have a package with the foxsports Australia channels included, tried it on a trial and all channels worked perfectly, but at 1200 baht a month, a little expensive for me.   

Looking for a way around that.

Cheers

Kind of a mystery to me. One can get virtually every live tv channel in the world for free on Kodi, but the Australian are geo blocked.

Could that be because actually nobody is interested in Aussie channels and the addon developers don't waste time to create an addon?

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Are you testing in Thailand? Does it need a VPN? When I tried only 2 of the fifty plus channels worked.

Yes I am testing in Thailand.

Look at the top left hand corner of my screen capture in my previous post for the location and the top right hand corner for the time/date.

No I am not using a VPN although this may be the problem.

If these FTA channels are geolocation blocked, an AU VPN may be the answer.

For me all 9HD channels work in all states, the Sky NSW Racing Channel works in SD, for the Fan Channels I get a message saying the the BPM channels are no longer available since 28 Feb 2017, for Tenplay I get a message saying that "your live stream will commence shortly" but nothing else happens, and that's all I can get to work.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Could that be because actually nobody is interested in Aussie channels and the addon developers don't waste time to create an addon?

I think it's a bit more sinister than that.

For year the Australian public has been a captive market. It has not been until recently that torrents and streaming offerings were available and the local ISP's usually block them pretty quickly.

Even the standard internet packages on offer to the public usually have a download cap (GB limit) on them and you have to pay a premium if you exceed that limit.

It is all done to discourage downloading, and pay high prices to the ISP's for internet access.

See below for sample Telstra package pricing:

Capture74.JPG

With the Australian dollar currently running at about 25.9 baht to the dollar, these packages are very expensive compared to what we can get in Thailand.

$120 per month is 3,105 THB.

I would assume however that reliability may be somewhat better.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, Jai Dee said:

Here is a page describing installing a Catchup TV AU Repo and Add-ons.

I have not tried it myself and I do not know if it is compatible with Kodi 17.

I found some more catchup TV addons as well as radio and football video updates here if anyone is interested.

42 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Yes I am testing in Thailand.

Look at the top left hand corner of my screen capture in my previous post for the location and the top right hand corner for the time/date.

No I am not using a VPN although this may be the problem.

If these FTA channels are geolocation blocked, an AU VPN may be the answer.

For me all 9HD channels work in all states, the Sky NSW Racing Channel works in SD, for the Fan Channels I get a message saying the the BPM channels are no longer available since 28 Feb 2017, for Tenplay I get a message saying that "your live stream will commence shortly" but nothing else happens, and that's all I can get to work.

Been trying to watch, but nothing seems to be working regarding the 7 and 9 channels.  Are they still up and running for you?

2 minutes ago, burgerking said:

Been trying to watch, but nothing seems to be working regarding the 7 and 9 channels.  Are they still up and running for you?

Yes... every channel 9 in HD in every state.

Capture75.JPG

Capture76.JPG

Capture77.JPG

Capture78.JPG

To burgerking. Regarding Fox sports, I use UKTurk add-on. It has "Foxsport 560 Australia" ,I watch supercars and F1 on it. I assume it has football etc, but I only watch the motorsports. Also you don't need a VPN. I hope this helps.

Regards Bill.

1 hour ago, Bill3173 said:

To burgerking. Regarding Fox sports, I use UKTurk add-on. It has "Foxsport 560 Australia" ,I watch supercars and F1 on it. I assume it has football etc, but I only watch the motorsports. Also you don't need a VPN. I hope this helps.

Regards Bill.

Confirmed... that works but it looks like old programming in SD only.

Currently they are showing Brocky's last race in the V8 supercars on the mountain.

How many years ago was that?

Capture80.JPG

18 hours ago, Bill3173 said:

Regards Bill.

Also only watch Motorsports, cannot miss F1 and found years ago best to have a few different souses ...

Have a few direct websites to fall back on [VIPbox. cricfree.tv, foxsports Live, channel 4 UK have some of the races Live etc]  but yes in Kodi have UKTurk [will not always work] + Bulldog + Sportsdevil 

Archived