Australian TV Kodi addon

burgerking

ignis, thanks for the list of links. Most of those I used last year (Sportsdevil doesn't work for me anymore), not heard of Bulldog before, will give it a try. This year I have been using the following 

Zem (Sublink fast tv). Mainly a Pakistani site but has a good sports section. Good quality    graphics

UKTuck as mentioned before

Hallow TV, a bit hit and miss

Channel 4, direct web site when showing selected races

Motor Replays, (not to be be confused with Motorsport Replay) has all the different    categories. This also has a  live motorsport link. Good quality graphics.            

If having problems such as buffing, inconvenient time, etc; then I watch the replays at Motor Replay when convenient

Sorry if I am off topic. Regards. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bill3173 said:

ignis, thanks for the list of links. Most of those I used last year (Sportsdevil doesn't work for me anymore), not heard of Bulldog before, will give it a try. This year I have been using the following 

Zem (Sublink fast tv). Mainly a Pakistani site but has a good sports section. Good quality    graphics

UKTuck as mentioned before

Hallow TV, a bit hit and miss

Channel 4, direct web site when showing selected races

Motor Replays, (not to be be confused with Motorsport Replay) has all the different    categories. This also has a  live motorsport link. Good quality graphics.            

If having problems such as buffing, inconvenient time, etc; then I watch the replays at Motor Replay when convenient

Sorry if I am off topic. Regards. 

You selected the best addons out of the bunch, as I also recommend the very same one.

Sports devil hasn't worked here for long time, however I always read recommendations about it on the Kodi forums, but probably by people who don't use it.

Fast TV went down a few days ago, may be temporarily, but Mona or UniTV are good replacements.

9 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Nothing works without a VPN ?

Never use a VPN and works for me on Kodi

but do have to use for a lot of News on websites daily UK newspaper websites... latest to not work correct without is   http://www.msn.com/en-gb  works this morning but a hit and miss affair, often no pictures or videos so VPN to Germany or Singapore = works

Sportdevil is a bit hit and miss....  worked 2 weeks ago for F1,  but often say's 'No stream available'  will check later at 14:30 Thai time when practice 1 starts....   some programs are working now, just checked but is only 02:30 in the UK

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

I haven't looked into it, but surely you can code up and make your own VPN?
Maybe have to register it with some organisation.
Anyone done that?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Of course one can build his own vpn, but the point here isn't that your traffic is encrypted, but that you appear to be in Australia.

How you gonna do the latter without paying for a vpn server in Australia is beyond me.

As I said I haven't researched this, but can't you somehow set up a mask, to appear as an Aus IP number?
I have seen on torrents, what would appear as a country IP address, but is a mask for another country.
Once you have this mask, then use your coded VPN to connect to the Aus content IP address you want.
Just asking. [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

On 23/04/2017 at 9:15 PM, Peterw42 said:

I would love to be proven wrong, but as far as I know there are not any kodi addons that get around the Australian Geo-blocking, you still need an Australian IP address, VPN. If you have a VPN to Australia then you dont need Kodi as the content can be accessed by websites , apps etc. Hopefully Opera Browser, which has a built in VPN, will add an Australian server in the future.

I recently had an experience with this.

I tried to watch 9NOW (an Australian TV channel)

I got this message.

I'm outside of Australia. Why can't I watch 9Now?

9Now is only able to show live and on demand content in Australia and does not have international streaming right. If you’re outside of Australia, you won’t be able to watch 9Now until you’re back in the country. 

If you are viewing the content in another country or have an IP address that is not an Australian IP address, you will be unable to access live tv and on demand content.

To continue to watch, turn off your VPN service. If you continue to get this message, let us know via the contact form. You can find your IP address here.

I then turned on my VPN which has several servers around the world to chose from.  I connected to one of the servers in Australia.  I then tried to watch 9Now again and got the same message.  I then checked my VPN and did an IP Address check.  I had an IP Address from Australia.  I then ran "Crap Cleaner" and restarted my computer and tried again.  Same result.

I then contacted my VPN support and was told that 9Now, and others, can detect not only the IP Address, but also that the stream or download is being encrypted, this is why the above message says they know you are using a VPN and it should be turned off.

I asked the support guy at my VPN company, "What happens if every other website uses the same technology?  Your VPN product becomes useless."  He agreed and said he hoped that never happened. 

8 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I recently had an experience with this.

I tried to watch 9NOW (an Australian TV channel)

I got this message.

I'm outside of Australia. Why can't I watch 9Now?

9Now is only able to show live and on demand content in Australia and does not have international streaming right. If you’re outside of Australia, you won’t be able to watch 9Now until you’re back in the country. 

If you are viewing the content in another country or have an IP address that is not an Australian IP address, you will be unable to access live tv and on demand content.

To continue to watch, turn off your VPN service. If you continue to get this message, let us know via the contact form. You can find your IP address here.

I then turned on my VPN which has several servers around the world to chose from.  I connected to one of the servers in Australia.  I then tried to watch 9Now again and got the same message.  I then checked my VPN and did an IP Address check.  I had an IP Address from Australia.  I then ran "Crap Cleaner" and restarted my computer and tried again.  Same result.

I then contacted my VPN support and was told that 9Now, and others, can detect not only the IP Address, but also that the stream or download is being encrypted, this is why the above message says they know you are using a VPN and it should be turned off.

I asked the support guy at my VPN company, "What happens if every other website uses the same technology?  Your VPN product becomes useless."  He agreed and said he hoped that never happened. 

Thats interesting, the same thing that netfix in the US does to stop people using a VPN. There would probably be some VPN providers that know how to get around it. 

I managed to get the MX Australia addon (mentioned earlier in this thread) going and channel 9 works ok.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Thats interesting, the same thing that netfix in the US does to stop people using a VPN. There would probably be some VPN providers that know how to get around it. 

I managed to get the MX Australia addon (mentioned earlier in this thread) going and channel 9 works ok.

Indeed the MX Australia addon work well in Thailand without VPN. Agree not all channels may work at all times, but the majority works without VPN, and that's the important thing.

Regarding the VPN detection by Neflix or others is that you have a DNS leak, and Netflix detects your original DNS.

https://www.dnsleaktest.com/what-is-a-dns-leak.html

A decent VPN has something in place to prevent DNS leaks

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Indeed the MX Australia addon work well in Thailand without VPN. Agree not all channels may work at all times, but the majority works without VPN, and that's the important thing.

Regarding the VPN detection by Neflix or others is that you have a DNS leak, and Netflix detects your original DNS.

That makes a lot of sense. So a VPN and an Australian DNS should work for Khunhieneken in post 40.

Most don't work in Thailand I have tried it many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I mainly use the Firefox browser.  When I found out about VPN DNS leaks I tested my VPN and yes, there was a leak.  My real IP address was revealed.  So I read how to plug them.

It's a while ago, but I went into the Firefox settings and changed something like "peer to peer" from "true" to "false."  Something like that. 

Then I connected my VPN and ran this test.

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

It showed my real IP address was hidden.  I also did an "IP address look up and my IP address was that of my VPN provider's server in Australia.  So I thought I plugged the leak. 

In Google Chrome I use the WebRTC Leak Prevention add on.  I tested it as well and my IP address is hidden, but I mainly use Firefox.

I'm not an IT guru so if there is another form of DNS leak I don't know about I would be happy to learn about it and try to fix it. 

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

That makes a lot of sense. So a VPN and an Australian DNS should work for Khunhieneken in post 40.

I think I am using Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and plugged the DNS leak,. as described in Post 26.  I still can't watch 9Now.

It's no problem for me because I have a Slingbox, but what if every website expats want to view started using the same technology 9Now is using?  VPN's would become useless for us here, except for privacy reasons.

As I said, I am not an IT guru.  If another expat can watch 9Now direct from their website, and not using a third party, I would be happy to hear how they are doing it. 

On 26/04/2017 at 10:48 AM, Jai Dee said:

Yes... every channel 9 in HD in every state.

Are you or anyone else still getting them?. I've lost everything now except Ten Play, but it's Ch9 Qld that I've been watching the most and it was fine until a couple of days ago. Now,  nothing.

12 hours ago, Subpar said:

Are you or anyone else still getting them?. I've lost everything now except Ten Play, but it's Ch9 Qld that I've been watching the most and it was fine until a couple of days ago. Now,  nothing.

Strange... same for me.

Not even Channel 9 is working now.

45 minutes ago, gkroo said:

I watched channel nine BNE and the "Today" show this morning & also "Sunrise" on 7 ??

Are you in Thailand and are you using a VPN?. I don't use a VPN but haven't been able to watch any of the Ch7's for a long time. Just checked and no Ch9's at all (from within Thailand).

Thanks.

Just now, Jai Dee said:

There are a few more SD Australian TV channels under Sanctuary - Fido - Live TV - Foreign (English Language):

Capture95.JPG

Jaidee, please take note that tis is only useful for people who have Sanctuary installed already, since new installs are not possible any more.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Jaidee, please take note that tis is only useful for people who have Sanctuary installed already, since new installs are not possible any more.

OK thanks.

I'll do a bit more research.

Just now, Jai Dee said:

OK thanks.

I'll do a bit more research.

Eventually it may be possible to install from the Noobs and Nerds portal, using the backup function, but the repo has been taken down and origin announced his retirement about 2 weeks ago. So it will work as long as it lasts.

I have managed to locate backup copies of the Origin repository and the Sanctuary addon if anyone is interested.

They were uploaded on Feb 18 this year so are relatively recent.

Disclaimer: I have not tested them, just downloaded them and made sure that they are virus-free (on my system).

repository.origin.zip

plugin.video.sanctuary.zip

Archived