Arriving at BKK without Visa

Hi there,

For the first time in many years I will travel to Bangkok next week without any visa. The reason is that I need to wait 3 Month to show the 400,000 Baht for Marriage Visa which I deposited in a Bank account in April.

I do not need a visa on arrival. So my guess is that I will just get a 30 day stamp, correct? Is there any requirements or documents I have to present to the Immigration officer? Is it true that I need a return ticket to show?

Or will it be good enough just to fill out the departure card?

If you have any advice that you can give me it is much appreciated.

Thank you

Lammbock

14 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

The reason is that I need to wait 3 Month to show the 400,000 Baht for Marriage Visa which I deposited in a Bank account in April.

I assume you mean a non-o visa based upon marriage. At most embassies and consulates they don't ask for financial proof to get one and if they did it would only need to be in the bank on the date you apply. Even if applying for a non immigrant visa at immigration the money only needs to be in the bank on the date your apply.

If applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration the 400k baht must be in the bank for 2 months (it is not 3 months) on the date you apply.

14 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Is there any requirements or documents I have to present to the Immigration officer? Is it true that I need a return ticket to show?

For a 30 day visa exempt entry immigration does not normally ask to to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days but the airline may ask for one to board your flight.

Dependent upon where you are entering the country you could be asked show at least the equivalent of 10k baht.

Correct, Non-O Wife Visa issued in Bangkok. Not in a Thai Embassy abroad. They told me it has to lay in the account for 3 month.

Which is not a problem. I just concern about the air ticket. I definitely will fly somewhere within the 30 days but not sure when and where to. But if I just need to show a little cash that is not an issue for me.

13 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Correct, Non-O Wife Visa issued in Bangkok. Not in a Thai Embassy abroad. They told me it has to lay in the account for 3 month.

Not sure who told you that wrong info. Perhaps confusion between marriage and retirement.

To apply for a non immigrant visa (category O) based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon marriage the money only has to be in the bank on the date you apply for the visa. From Bangkok immigration website. You will notice there is no mention of it being in the bank for any amount of time.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR A FAMILY MEMBER OF A THAI (APPLICABLE ONLY PARENTS, SPOUSE OR CHILD.
  1. The application must be submit more than 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.
  2. 1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa; or
    1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa.
  3. A copy of passport pages of the Applicant (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM.6))
  4. Either one 4x6 cm photograph or one 2 inch size photograph
  5. 4.Application fee of Baht 2,000
  6. 5.1 In case of a Thai citizen, please show:  A copy national ID card, a copy of house registration papers and a copy of employee’s or government officer’s ID card;
    5.2 In case of a foreigner with a permit to reside in Thailand or a person who has become a Thai naturalized citizen, please show:  residency certificate, alien registration certificate, work permit, a copy of passport and house registration and a copy of documents showing Thai naturalization.  
  7. 6.1 Evidence proving that the applicant is father, mother or children or birth certificate; or
    6.2 Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family; guarantee letter from the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Documents under 6.1 and 6.2 must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of  Foreign Affairs of Thailand) (For more information, please call 0-2575-1056-9)
  8. In case of father is a foreigner: showing an official notarized document from a court of law certifying that child is biological offspring of the foreign father.
  9. The following evidence of income must be submitted.
    8.1 A guarantee letter from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly income of the Applicant not less than Baht 40,000* per month; or
    8.2 A guarantee letter in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: Immigration Commissioner) and a copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000* (Documents under  8.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)

For the extension application it is 2 months.

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe.

So all I need is a filled out application, 2 pictures and 2,000 Baht and that's it???? + Bankbook, Married certificate and Wife's ID card and my passport?

But what about this house registration? I just renting a condominium.

What is a residency certificate? Alien registration? Work permit? I don't have all these.

4 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Thanks ubonjoe.

So all I need is a filled out application, 2 pictures and 2,000 Baht and that's it???? + Bankbook, Married certificate and Wife's ID card and my passport?

But what about this house registration? I just renting a condominium.

What is a residency certificate? Alien registration? Work permit? I don't have all these.

You wife will need to be with you and you will need every document and etc needed for the extension application. It will take two trips to immigration 15 days apart  to get the visa.

Just noticed what I quoted did not include this. There are two of them on the website.

1. 6.1 In case of marriage registered in Thailand, please show:
    - - 6.1.1 Marriage certificate (Form Kor Ror.2)
    - - 6.1.2 Marriage certificate (Form Kor Ror.3)
    - - 6.1.3 A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage or a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)*or
    6.2 In case of marriage registered in foreign country, please show:
    Family status registration (Form Kor Ror.22) and marriage certificate registered in overseas country

18 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Ok and what about the other documents like Work permit, Residency Certificate, Alien Registration?

I am just renting that condo and I am employed by a foreign company not working in Thailand.

Those do not apply in your case.

You need your rental agreement and probably copies of the owners house book and ID attached.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

I am just renting that condo and I am employed by a foreign company not working in Thailand.

If you can prove your annual income is equal to an average income of 40k baht or more per month you could get an income letter from you embassy to prove your income to apply for the visa or extension of stay instead of the 400k baht in the bank.

• Like 1