Odd Vibe at Tony's Gym

atpeace

Odd feeling the last month at Tony's.  Very few people and no new faces.  Never bought into it will close soon threads but  getting bad vibes.  

It has some great treadmills at the third rd gym and is the only reason I still use Tony's.  Even with the almost worthless AC it is better than the new  Pattaya clubs  for hard treadmill sessions.  People will know who I am after this next detail but oh well.  I  bring my own fan and attach it to the treadmill and do sub 5 min mile intervals and other hard sessions.  Tried this at other gyms and feel  everybody is staring at me.  My insecurities kick-in and it becomes a miserable experience.

The English "boy" who is a junior/assistant manager at his clubs is frustrating me to no end.  Told me recently he was going to revoke my membership next week after talking to his boss.  All because I refuse to have a conversation with him and just laugh and walk away.   I'm not an imposing figure (skinny runner) and the one time I confronted him and told him with a smile, he was being a fool, he got scared. Strange and he even went on a weird ramble asking me if I knew who he worked for at Tony's(hmm, Tony).  He mentioned this as a threat.

I follow the club rules but he is going to try to cancel my membership.  Well, not completely true. Last week I was at his Soi Bakhao gym working out. A member was trying to get the lady working there to turn on some fans like the one that was pointing directly at her.  It was 100 Fahrenheit in the room with the treadmills and no airflow.  I took off my shirt the last 5 minutes of my run and the lady actually got her lazy ass off her stool and took a picture of me shirtless.

Now, just wait and see what happens. 

• 1 year later...

This is an interesting story that I missed. It kind of took me back to when I used to workout at Tony's. I think my last workout there was late 2013. I have a lifetime membership but used it for just over a year. I used to warm up on the only Concept2 rowing machine they had in the 3rd Road main gym (not the plastic tent). I had to get wet tissue to wipe off the accumulated gunk on the slider whenever I used it. Those were the days.

Archived