TrueVisions to Raise Prices Effective 1 June 17

Pib

Got a letter in the mail today from TrueVisions announcing an up to 7% price hike effective 1 June 17.   The letter says their last monthly fee adjustment was in 2005.  They also brag about the improved quantity and quality of programming.   Of course they didn't mention all the channels they have recently dropped like HBO/Cinemax.   I found the letter to be confusing even after reading it several times because of some offers of special privileges and just being unclear on the new pricing as to current and future subscribers, whether on a 6 or 12 month subscription, whether on a monthly subscription, etc.  And after reading the letter several times and also going to their website mentioned in the letter for more info I got more confused--Maybe it's just me...or just really good lawyer/accountant talk.

One or both weblinks below should take you to the price hike letter along with additional info.

truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/pricejune17

http://videochat.truecorp.co.th:8080/tvsnovat/customer.htm?action=customerRegister&ln=en

And here's a snapshot of the letter.

Capture.JPG.e430f1b30c93d7be57f3ab0a1e190b21.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai business model 101, sales of product not doing so good,increase

the price,to make up for lost revenue,expect more cancellations,plus

the EPL is ending ,less interest from their customers.

regards worgeordie

I clicked "like this". I don't like the price increase, but I like the way you are confused just as we are.

I understand that if you pay for a year or six months before 31 May, you will get 1 year at the old price. (Maybe I am wrong)

I also get the impression that they will start charging for premier league.

I've read the letter a couple more times and it seems to apply mainly to "monthly" subscription prices (which I expect is how most folks subscribe/pay), but if you go with an annual or 6 month subscription you get X-discount.

But when you look at the monthly membership sublink it seems to reflect the current price vs the higher price (I think) with the up to 7% higher monthly subscription.

One thing to consider also is over the years TrueVisions has had many different promotions which means you would get a lower price than their standard promotion which I think the sublink displays.   And although a promotion at the lower price usually says good for 12 months it usually continues on after that 12 month period based on my experience with various subscriptions on internet, mobile and TV packages with various companies....not only with TrueVisions but with other companies also like DTAC and a few others.   And some of the lower priced promotions were not advertised widely and only open for a limited window of time....and in some cases only applied to cable TrueVisions vs satellite TrueVisions.   I'm on one of those lower priced cable Platinum package promotions...have 4 boxes basically at the price of 1 box....yeap, it was a special promotion a couple years ago I got into.   

Heck, since 1 Jan I've even been getting an additional Bt600/month discount after I called and complained royally about them dropping the HBO/Cinemax channels.  The discount was only for 3 months (Jan thru Mar) but when I called and complained again in mid March before that 3 month discount was up and wanted a continuing discount I was basically told Sorry, Charlie.  However, on the 4th month bill which I got a few days ago the account/Ref 1 number had changed and the individual billing entries (i.e., subscription, fees for boxes, etc) had changed quite a bit but when the dust settled I still had a total of Bt600 in special discount which made me happy.  That Bt600/mo discount fully covers with 1 baht left over my AIS Fibre Platinum TV add-on package which includes various HBO channels, Cinemax, and a bunch of other premium channels.   So maybe after my call they rethought things about my account and are continuing the discount for X-more months...or maybe forever (one can hope).   Since the account number changed for my April bill it seems they may have just put me on a different promotion....or maybe they changed lot of peoples account number for some other reason....I really don't know.   Time will tell...all I know is I'm paying significantly below the standard price with multiple boxes due to the lower priced special promotion I got into several years ago...plus the current additional Bt600/mo discount I'm getting.  Yeap, various prices depending on what promotion you are under/got in under.

I cancelled a hotel type contract due to the loss of HBO etc back in January, that our company had had in place for over ten years UBC times. They didn't seen to give a shit. This company has the strangest business model and it seems to me customer service / retention is very low on the priorities list.

I just looked at my April bill again and the line entry for the basic monthly Platinum subscription fee went "down" from Bt2000 (which it has been forever) to Bt1869.16.  Now if you increase Bt1869.16 by 7% come 1 June I'll be back to exactly Bt2000/mo.   Magic math going on here....but it appears to be magic math that may keep my basic subscription fee the same....once again, maybe due to particular promotion I'm on...don't know....time will tell...will need to see what future bills reflect.

It's no true value if they keep a customer's price basically the same, but decimate their international programming content as they've done during the past year.

But it's worse when they decimate their international programming as they've done, and then turn around and try to pass along any kind of price increase. :ph34r:

Typically Way things are in this country. Business is poor, customers leaving in droves and guess what happens? Put the prices up for the rest and provide a worse service ! Haha you couldn't make it up

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I called to cancel my subscription yesterday, had Platinum with three outlets. Should have done it ages ago but never got round to it, the operative asked me why I was canceling to which I responded "do you really need to ask" and she said "no, not really".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

TrueVisions seems to have got in a "self flagellation" by dropping channels, such as the HBO channels, while also raising prices.   

Capture.JPG.30fa8bee622762320952a0c7e3df965d.JPG

• 2 months later...

Who can answer this for me?  They say they have X amount of channels in the premium package. Has anyone noticed how they have doubled up on all the sports channels, movie channels and even many of the Thai channels.  I have not sat down to calculate how many that have been doubled up but let's say it would be getting pretty close to half.  So, they charge whatever for premium and everyone is only really getting half of what they pay for because of the doubling up.  If that is not a rip off then what is?  Try explaining that to them, I have and I can speak Thai and they still do not understand. either that or they're playing dumb or could it be both. :wai:

I'm not a fanboy of TrueVisions, but when you say "doubled up" if you mean doubled the number of channels in one area and possibly halved channels in another area, that's not correct.   When they dropped the HBO/Cinemax channels they pretty much replaced them one for one with other western movie/TV channels....of course those replacements were not of equal quality in my book.   I'm not really into watching that much sports but the total number of sports channels is pretty much the same based on my review of past and present channels line up; however, what channels they show has changed a good amount over the years.   Seems the "total number" of channels in all "main areas" is pretty much the same give and take a little like their Platinum package at below link (you may need to click enter to get past the typical opening page before seeing the channel line up).

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/channellineup_web/1

Archived