Five rangers killed in bomb attack by suspected insurgents

snoop1130

Five rangers killed in bomb attack by suspected insurgents

By Narong Nuansakul

The Nation

2814cea87abcc92deff47f1fa5d6f4f7.jpeg

Five rangers were killed when suspected insurgents launched a bomb and gun attack against a team of patrolling rangers in Narathiwat’s Chanae district yesterday afternoon.

The attack took place at 2.30pm when a roadside bomb placed under a power pole exploded on Ban Ri Ngae Road in Tambon Phadungmat as rangers drove by in a pickup truck. 

The explosion sent the truck into a roadside ditch and the suspected insurgents opened fire at the rangers with assault rifles from a wooded area. Five rangers were killed before the assailants fled. 

The attackers also sprinkled the road with spikes to hinder officers’ pursuit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30313558

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-27

How can they justify sending Rangers out in a pick up in this incredibly dangerous zone?  Oh, hang on, I know, they used to send them out 2 up on motorcycles, the pick ups are deemed safer.

I have an 11 year old Thai son and I already worrying about the Thai Conscription system.

1 hour ago, Coota said:

How can they justify sending Rangers out in a pick up in this incredibly dangerous zone?  Oh, hang on, I know, they used to send them out 2 up on motorcycles, the pick ups are deemed safer.

I have an 11 year old Thai son and I already worrying about the Thai Conscription system.

As well you should. The hard part starts after the having. 

Again the Nation is not reporting the whole story. The soldiers drives in pick ups because the armoured vehicles are parked at bases outside of the problem areas. There is a belief that they are scared that the terrorists may capture some of these vehicles and use it against the soldiers. Secondly they did not report that the rangers was set alight after they were shot.

2 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Again the Nation is not reporting the whole story. The soldiers drives in pick ups because the armoured vehicles are parked at bases outside of the problem areas. There is a belief that they are scared that the terrorists may capture some of these vehicles and use it against the soldiers. Secondly they did not report that the rangers was set alight after they were shot.

The other English language newspaper was more accurate.

Frankly, and after reading some of the region's history, I'd remove all Thais and government support, and let those suckers who remain eat each other for about two years without any room for escape to the north or seaward trade/movement beyond local fishing. They'll be begging terms soon enough or will move on down to Malaysia to put rice in their bowls and quim where it belongs.

And the Government continues to do nothing constructive to bring peace to the area. Just keep sacrificing your civilian citizens and Rangers.

If you (the Government) want to continue doing this then send down south all those personnel in the department of inactive posts as a reward for their "misbehaviours" !!

These insurgents as they are called are all traiters to Thailand and should be treated as such,

They should all be shot on sight. Who ever that is supplying them with weaspons and money

etc, should also be jailed as traiters to Thailand

Geezer

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

These insurgents as they are called are all traiters to Thailand and should be treated as such,

They should all be shot on sight. Who ever that is supplying them with weaspons and money

Geezer

Do the insurgents look different than the local people down there in some way? Easy if they do but if they all look similar, how many in a line up of 100 people would be the terrorist you can shoot? 1, 2, 5 etc?

The government troops DO shoot at the terrorists when then can find them but the problem is that to be successful at it you need a large number of fully qualified fighting troops. Unfortunately the Army has few regular soldiers but lots of cannon fodder due to conscription who are not really trained well enough for Counter insurgency.

Another problem nowadays is the availability of mobile phones so that if any sympathiser were to see troops gathered for an operation, a quick phone call would cause the terrorists to disperse.

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Suppliers should be shot also!

Archived