Danish man dead as taxi overturns on way to Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Suicide, on Thai roads at 120 km, to drive at 200 km/h  on the autobahn you need a very nice vehicle that can do that ,not your average car.

A lot of average cars in Thailand are speed limited to 180km/h.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, balo said:

Why did the Dane order a Bangkok taxi  to pick them up in Tak ?  What a stupid thing to do , Take the bus instead , less risks involved. 

Oh , and if you want to sit in the backseat of a taxi here wear a helmet just in case it flips over. 

lol @ less risks on a bus, yeah cause they don't have accidents and slaughter dozens every other day !!

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

lol @ less risks on a bus, yeah cause they don't have accidents and slaughter dozens every other day !!

Yes less risks in a big bus than in an unprotected small car like a taxi . ,

If you front collide with a bus , who do you think will survive, the passengers in the bus or in the taxi ?   Of course accidents happens with any vehicle on the road here but the statistics is not lying , motorbikes are the worst killer number 1 in the world , then cars , then buses and trucks.  

At the horrendous speed done by most of these taxi drivers going from BKK to Pattaya I was wondering when something like this was going to happen.So sad and as usual for Thailand ......so unnecessary

On 28/04/2017 at 2:34 PM, eifel36 said:

I wouldn't wonder whether they entered the cab in BKK or Trat, but what is a taxi on the way to Pattay, from Trat or BKK, doing in Kamphaeng Phet and why do the injured persons get transferred to Kamphaeng Pet hospital?

If you can't  understand the OP how can you expect to contribute to the thread. This underlines how rather than analyse an incident all most commentators want to do us rush geadlong and place blame Thai people regardless of the evidence  

OTT Thai slur removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 30/04/2017 at 3:43 AM, bbbbooboo said:

At the horrendous speed done by most of these taxi drivers going from BKK to Pattaya I was wondering when something like this was going to happen.So sad and as usual for Thailand ......so unnecessary

Yet again a pure subjective baseless assertion no statistics to back it up  .... 

4 hours ago, cheechee said:

this is why i use the airport rail leaving @ midnight for a 6 0r 7 am flight.   id rather wait at the airport than die or be croppled by a sleepy taxee driver.

I agree with you 100%. Only train for me or the airport bus from Pattaya .  

20 minutes ago, balo said:

I agree with you 100%. Only train for me or the airport bus from Pattaya .  

So you have statically limited the amoubtbof Thailand you can visit to areas in walking distance of the tiny railway network?

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

So you have statically limited the amoubtbof Thailand you can visit to areas in walking distance of the tiny railway network?

Not at all , I own a car and drive myself if needed.  I have been driving all around Thailand. Lots of crazy drivers out there but so far so good. 

You will never find me as a passenger on a bike or in a taxi or minivan. 

On 2017-5-1 at 5:43 PM, balo said:

Not at all , I own a car and drive myself if needed.  I have been driving all around Thailand. Lots of crazy drivers out there but so far so good. 

You will never find me as a passenger on a bike or in a taxi or minivan. 

Then how can you make a comment on taxis?

5 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Then how can you make a comment on taxis?

What do you mean ?   I don't trust the skills of the local taxi drivers , is that so hard to understand ?  I have been driving for 30 years and also in my profession in my home country. I am used to traffic and I am a safe driver . I don't trust them that's all. 

18 hours ago, balo said:

What do you mean ?   I don't trust the skills of the local taxi drivers , is that so hard to understand ?  I have been driving for 30 years and also in my profession in my home country. I am used to traffic and I am a safe driver . I don't trust them that's all. 

Whereas I agree about many Thai drivers...I have driven in Thailand both more kilometres and years than most of them, but you have changed your story......

"I agree with you 100%. Only train for me or the airport bus from Pattaya . "..the implication being that roads for you were a no-no...

BTW   one needs to be clear that driving hours  are no substitute for understanding road safety. Driving is only a part of the picture.

My take is that the driver previously took them to Tak from BKK, a nice fare especially if the farang is paying over the set price, and offered to do the Tak-Pattaya leg when it was mentioned on the trip. Even given the empty leg to Tak, it could have still been quite profitable, and less stressful than driving in BKK traffic all day.

Long hours are not unusual in the taxi industry. In Oz, standard shifts are 12 hours, and where I work in Brisbane, 16 hours is allowed before the base switches off your computer access.

14 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

but you have changed your story......

"I agree with you 100%. Only train for me or the airport bus from Pattaya . "..the implication being that roads for you were a no-no...

Then you misunderstood me, driving with Thai drivers on the road is a no-no. I feel safer in the train and in the big bus when I'm not driving myself.  Mini-vans and taxis I avoid like the plague. 

Archived