“Thailand in your mind"

Ron19

Foreigners invited to join photo contest

BANGKOK, 28 April 2017 (NNT) – The Government Public Relations Department (PRD) Region 3 in Chiang Mai has launched the online photo contest “Thailand in your mind”, inviting foreigners who are currently residing in Thailand to join the contest. 

PRD Director-General Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the contest is a part of the PRD Region 3’s 2017 international public relations projects. The theme of the contest this year is “Thailand: Stability, Prosperity, and Sustainability” which is designed to boost Thailand’s image and “Thainess” across the globe. 

Foreigners who are studying, working or residing in Thailand can enter the online competition to win big prizes. Visit http://www.thailandinyourmind.com/ for more details. The registration and photo submission are available online, from now until May 31, 2017. The photos passing the qualifying round will be posted on the website for a public vote, begining at 12:01 a.m. of June 15 and ending at 11:59 p.m. of July 15. 

The winner will receive an award of 20,000 baht, a trophy and a certificate. The first, second and third runner-ups will receive the awards of 15,000 baht, 10,000 baht and 5,000 baht respectively, together with a trophy and a certificate. The PRD Region 3 will also give a certificate to sixteen honorable mentions.

http://www.thailandinyourmind.com/

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I have been chosen as a finalist.

The public vote on the website is supposed to be from 12am to 12pm on Thursday the 15th of this month. 

Do share and well done! :thumbsup:

Opps see you did... going to have to find that location, although have a pretty good idea!  Great shot!

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, Trujillo said:

I have been chosen as a finalist.

The public vote on the website is supposed to be from 12am to 12pm on Thursday the 15th of this month. 

Which photo is yours?

It looks like some of the contestants have lobbied their friends and families to vote for their photos as their vote numbers are disproportional to the other contestants. :dry:

C'mon ThaiVisa members... vote for our own!

It is odd that a cell phone holiday snap, slightly out of focus, of a Taiwanese girl and an elephant is getting disproportionate votes to everyone else. 

My guess is this has been posted in some social media in Taiwan and people are urged to vote "Taiwan." It clearly has nothing to do with the quality of the photo or being on theme.

I also wonder if the name of the girl is the one in the photo, which would mean that she didn't actually take the photo herself. 

And I can't help but wonder why the judges put up so many photos, for one thing, and for another, why most of them have NOTHING to do with the theme of Thailand's "stability, prosperity and sustainability."

A Chinese boy jumping on a bed? Someone standing in a doorway? An uninspired shot of trees? Fire twirling for tourists? A tourist with an elephant? 

It would have been nicer to pick 12 top photos that both encompass the theme correctly and are actually good photos, not just tourist snaps...there's always next year, I guess. 

I don't know if I should say which is mine. 

Archived