BANGKOK 24 May 2019 22:54

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Three year old screams the store down after getting hand trapped in escalator

Three year old screams the store down after getting hand trapped in escalator

child.PNG

Image: Daily News

A three year old boy screamed in agony after getting his hand trapped in an escalator at a downtown Surat Thani department store yesterday.

Foundation staff had to use cutting equipment to free the little boy's left hand as his mother cradled him in front of startled shoppers.

But after twenty minutes he was free. He had been injured and was taken to hospital.

Daily News reported that the boy had been holding the upper rail as normal but when they reached the ground floor he did not release his hand as he should and it got caught underneath.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-29

Parental supervision, sorry i forgot where it happened.

Parental supervision is nonexistent here.

Poor kid, probably told to hold the handrail but not told to let go at the end.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Doesn't sound like you have little kids.

2 minutes ago, mrdome said:

Doesn't sound like you have little kids.

A ridiculous thing for you to for you to say.

When my kids were small they were supervised, never left in a situation like that.

Not ridiculous at all and if you are honest, what you are saying can't be right unless you stayed with them, followed them everywhere around the clock.

You are simply being unfair on Thailand here. Accidents with little kids happen all over the world as the little ones are faster than their parents and sometimes getting in serious trouble due to that.

Agree with the last poster accidents with escalators happen everywhere and probably every week somewhere around the world usually a finger,  toe or loose clothing mostly kids but not always. 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

There's always something wrong with the parent, the local, the policeman, the governement, the school, the company..... as long as it's Thai there's always going to be a problem with it, according to you, every single time!

As a kid. I was terrified of a firecracker blowing off my fingers. Losing an eye. From a bbq gun. AND a hand from an escalator. 

For decades I have been scaring the little brats away from them while there parents scratch there privates and or talk on there phones.

Well, they pile the kids into pick up trucks like sardines. So you get what you get. Sadly.

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There's always something wrong with the parent, the local, the policeman, the governement, the school, the company..... as long as it's Thai there's always going to be a problem with it, according to you, every single time!

He is not wrong in this case

THREE year old child on escalator NEEDS to be under CPS close personal supervision at ALL times

14 minutes ago, tonywillo said:

Agree with the last poster accidents with escalators happen everywhere and probably every week somewhere around the world usually a finger,  toe or loose clothing mostly kids but not always. 

I don't see where anyone wrote that poor parental supervision ONLY happens in Thailand.

21 minutes ago, tonywillo said:

Would you let them cross the road unsupervised, of course not so why leave them to their own devices 

on an escalator

The only thing your post proves is that there are slack parents everywhere

Just now, oldlakey said:

Would you let them cross the road unsupervised, of course not so why leave them to their own devices 

on an escalator

The only thing your post proves is that their are slack parents everywhere

Indeed yes, "their are slack parents everywhere", which was exactly my point - Thai parents are not unique in this respect, except in the minds of some posters!

47 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Did i mention Thai????????? NO.

I said parental supervision, keep up please, put your glasses on.

Also you have never seen me speak about schools being wrong, companies being wrong.

Parents, police, government, yes. So as i already said keep up.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Did i mention Thai????????? NO.

I said parental supervision, keep up please, put your glasses on.

Actually yes you did:

"Parental supervision is nonexistent here".