Three year old screams the store down after getting hand trapped in escalator

rooster59

Three year old screams the store down after getting hand trapped in escalator

child.PNG

Image: Daily News

A three year old boy screamed in agony after getting his hand trapped in an escalator at a downtown Surat Thani department store yesterday.

Foundation staff had to use cutting equipment to free the little boy's left hand as his mother cradled him in front of startled shoppers.

But after twenty minutes he was free. He had been injured and was taken to hospital.

Daily News reported that the boy had been holding the upper rail as normal but when they reached the ground floor he did not release his hand as he should and it got caught underneath.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-29

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Parental supervision, sorry i forgot where it happened.

Parental supervision is nonexistent here.

Doesn't sound like you have little kids.

Not ridiculous at all and if you are honest, what you are saying can't be right unless you stayed with them, followed them everywhere around the clock.

You are simply being unfair on Thailand here. Accidents with little kids happen all over the world as the little ones are faster than their parents and sometimes getting in serious trouble due to that.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Parental supervision, sorry i forgot where it happened.

Parental supervision is nonexistent here.

There's always something wrong with the parent, the local, the policeman, the governement, the school, the company..... as long as it's Thai there's always going to be a problem with it, according to you, every single time!

As a kid. I was terrified of a firecracker blowing off my fingers. Losing an eye. From a bbq gun. AND a hand from an escalator. 

For decades I have been scaring the little brats away from them while there parents scratch there privates and or talk on there phones.

Well, they pile the kids into pick up trucks like sardines. So you get what you get. Sadly.

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There's always something wrong with the parent, the local, the policeman, the governement, the school, the company..... as long as it's Thai there's always going to be a problem with it, according to you, every single time!

He is not wrong in this case

THREE year old child on escalator NEEDS to be under CPS close personal supervision at ALL times

14 minutes ago, tonywillo said:

Agree with the last poster accidents with escalators happen everywhere and probably every week somewhere around the world usually a finger,  toe or loose clothing mostly kids but not always. 

I don't see where anyone wrote that poor parental supervision ONLY happens in Thailand.

21 minutes ago, tonywillo said:

Agree with the last poster accidents with escalators happen everywhere and probably every week somewhere around the world usually a finger,  toe or loose clothing mostly kids but not always. 

Would you let them cross the road unsupervised, of course not so why leave them to their own devices 

on an escalator

The only thing your post proves is that there are slack parents everywhere

Just now, oldlakey said:

Would you let them cross the road unsupervised, of course not so why leave them to their own devices 

on an escalator

The only thing your post proves is that their are slack parents everywhere

Indeed yes, "their are slack parents everywhere", which was exactly my point - Thai parents are not unique in this respect, except in the minds of some posters!

47 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Did i mention Thai????????? NO.

I said parental supervision, keep up please, put your glasses on.

Also you have never seen me speak about schools being wrong, companies being wrong.

Parents, police, government, yes. So as i already said keep up.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Actually yes you did:

"Parental supervision is nonexistent here".

39 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Also you have never seen me speak about schools being wrong, companies being wrong.

Parents, police, government, yes. So as i already said keep up.

Please don't make me waste my time on this, it's a far too easy to confirm, as everyone knows:

"Bloody police think they can do whatever they want, and are not accountable to anyone". 

"The government will educate them on hygienic requirements. What show them how to make food attractive to rats, same as in the government cafeteria."

"Submarines necessary for national security. Sad fact is these plonkers actually believe that".

"They thought Mr Pamoke was a for a foreigner and drunk !! So that would have made it ok, kick the s..t out of foreigners but not Thais. "

"To serve and protect just dosnt fit when it comes to the police here. Everywhere there are policemen involved in all kinds of criminal activities".

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Indeed yes, "their are slack parents everywhere", which was exactly my point - Thai parents are not unique in this respect, except in the minds of some posters!

Slack parents everywhere is a fact

The child suffered this nasty experience because of what appears to be the mothers lack of care, or at least inattention, much the same thing when on an escalator 

It appears to have been her fault 

I cant see how you can blame Thailand, I blame the mother

The phrase, but it happens everywhere, is usually used in an effort to defray the finger pointing from the guilty party, it carries no validity in my view much the same as stating the obvious 

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

Slack parents everywhere is a fact

The child suffered this nasty experience because of what appears to be the mothers lack of care, or at least inattention, much the same thing when on an escalator 

It appears to have been her fault 

I cant see how you can blame Thailand, I blame the mother

The phrase, but it happens everywhere, is usually used in an effort to defray the finger pointing from the guilty party, it carries no validity in my view much the same as stating the obvious 

"I cant see how you can blame Thailand" - I don't and I didn't.

4 hours ago, mrdome said:

Not ridiculous at all and if you are honest, what you are saying can't be right unless you stayed with them, followed them everywhere around the clock.

You are simply being unfair on Thailand here. Accidents with little kids happen all over the world as the little ones are faster than their parents and sometimes getting in serious trouble due to that.

"You are simply being unfair on Thailand here"

Here?:cheesy: 

colinneil is doing it 365 days a year 3 times a day with dozens of likes most of the time ...

To such an extend it is a kind of a pathology for a gang of those same folks, daily obsessed with 

The brown envelopes

The police farce

The sick buffalo of the girl friend

The Thai driving standard

The lady boys

Saving face

The fake honnest taxi drivers and many many more...Oh I nearly forgot they stars, the monks mafia, sorry:biggrin: 

10 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

"I cant see how you can blame Thailand" - I don't and I didn't.

Quite so, but I was speaking in general terms or as an overview if you like as regards where the blame lies in this incident

I was not speaking to you as such

I wish you would not take odd sentences out of context, in an attempt to make it appear I have said something I have not, or as in this case HALF A SENTENCE

What I said was   I cant see how you can blame Thailand, I blame the mother

Hopefully you will now be able to see where you have erred

Hopefully thats cleared that up

8 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Quite so, but I was speaking in general terms or as an overview if you like as regards where the blame lies in this incident

I was not speaking to you as such

I wish you would not take odd sentences out of context, in an attempt to make it appear I have said something I have not, or as in this case HALF A SENTENCE

What I said was   I cant see how you can blame Thailand, I blame the mother

Hopefully you will now be able to see where you have erred

Hopefully thats cleared that up

"Where I have erred"!

This is very simple, if you don't mean to refer to me, don't write the word "you" whilst addressing me in response to my quote!

Please sort out your own grammar before trying to correct that of other posters.

21 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

"Where I have erred"!

This is very simple, if you don't mean to refer to me, don't write the word "you" whilst addressing me in response to my quote!

Please sort out your own grammar before trying to correct that of other posters.

Post 23 makes my position quite clear on this incident, in plain and simple terms

I refuse to enter into a debate concerning grammar so I will leave it with you

Rest assured you will get plenty of ammo from me if its poor grammar that turns you on 555555

I find people who misquote / change quotes to be more of a problem but then I can live with it 

Have a nice day

I always hang on my 5 year sons hand when going on escalator or crossing the street. The only time he got into trouble was when he grabbed a boiling pot of water and got scaled on the hand. Hé was howling pretty good. I got a bucket  of ice water to put his hand to stop the burn. My tgf mother was here at the time and said I should use warm water. I just rolled my eyes. The things they believe amazing.

I'm only glad the little chap didnt lose any finger's.There was a beautiful child model in the Uk long ago. Little blond kid she was. She was in a few adverts, one was pears soap, i think.Any way she was on a moving stair case,in a store or the underground and she lost her lower leg when it was caught in the stairs. Any body remember her?

Escalators are dangerous for the unwary.  Perhaps parents should teach children how to ride an escalator safely.  Years ago, there were horrendous accidents in the USA but I think that the escalators have gotten safer.  Just don't let your little girl carry her stuffed teddy bear any where near machinery such as escalators, merry-go-rounds, etc.

Archived