Good news for expats in Hua Hin - new high tech immigration office to open at BluPort

Good news for expats in Hua Hin - new high tech immigration office to open at BluPort

k1.jpg

Image: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

There is good news for expats wanting to do 90 reports in Hua Hin with the announcement that a new office in the BluPort shopping center would be opened in just over a week.

The new office located in the basement of the mall, marks an improvement in the service of the immigration division after the Prachuap Khiri Khan chief recognized that demand was high in the resort.

Weerayot Karunyathorn secured an improved budget from immigration coffers, reported local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn.

But as expats in the resort will be happy with the improved service, Thais have gone on Facebook to complain that they need their own passport office in town too.

The Bluport Hua Hin Resort Mall office will be opened by immigration chief Natthathorn Phrosunthorn on Tuesday May 9th.

k2.jpg

Kulsawek said that the "one stop service" for visa renewal is for tourists staying less than 90 days and for expats to do 90 day reports.

Opening hours will be in line with the shopping center opening times, which is 10am to 10pm.

A first of its kind queuing system will be in place meaning users of the service will not need to waste time in the office.

After getting a queue number and scanning the QR code into a phone they can go shopping in the center and monitor via their phone when they should return to the office for their turn.

Kulsawek said that the main immigration office at Suan Luang Rachinee, or the area known locally as "19 Rai", continues to operate with business as usual. 

This office is, however, set to move to new premises at Ban Nong Khon in Tap Tai sub-district towards the end of May.

k3.jpg

News of the improvements for foreigners were met with moans from Hua Hin Thais, however.

Kanda Meunsawad said on Facebook: "What about us Thais? When are we going to get a passport office?"

And Kittikhun Pham Buakhao chipped in with the comment: "They should open a passport office in Hua Hin so we don't have to go to Bangkok".

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-29

34 minutes ago, dutchman said:

90 days is quick service when they do all with only 3 counters is waiing long time.

go shopping you will be to late take yr turn i quess.

Lets hope it is progress and then we can the enjoy new service i am sure

The parking is a shocker there.

14 hours ago, gamini said:

this is very good news.  I love blue Port. but I don't know whether they will do retirement Visa's. Any ideas?

From a brief conversation with with one of the immigration staff last week, my understanding is that annual retirement, marriage extensions etc for now at least, still need to be done at the main immigration office at 19 Rai, which is soon to be moved to a new location. 

Excellent news and will make life so much easier for 90 day reporting especially with the QR code system and with the Ta Yang office taking Cha am residents, extensions should be a lot quicker. Ive always found HH staff and service to be professional and courteous under the sheer numbers they deal with,this should relieve some pressure from them also.

17 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The parking is a shocker there.

I agree.  I actually spoke with the second-in-command in mall management last week.  I explained that motorbike parking used to be fine, but then all of the shop workers started parking in there too.  I suggested he expand the parking area somewhat into the largely unused reserved car parking area for the hotel.  We'll see if anything happens.

25 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

I agree.  I actually spoke with the second-in-command in mall management last week.  I explained that motorbike parking used to be fine, but then all of the shop workers started parking in there too.  I suggested he expand the parking area somewhat into the largely unused reserved car parking area for the hotel.  We'll see if anything happens.

what used to be good is now <deleted>. The solution was simple just tell the workers to stop parking there.

20 hours ago, gamini said:

this is very good news.  I love blue Port. but I don't know whether they will do retirement Visa's. Any ideas?

Not to sound overly harsh but if you read the article, it states quite clearly and succinctly that the service will be only "for visa renewal [...] for tourists staying less than 90 days and for expats to do 90 day reports."

39 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It was suspended indefinitely as of January, apparently due to concerns over hacking threats directed at government websites. 

Oops, sorry - my mistake. According to reports I've just noticed on here and other websites, online 90-day reporting is back up and running as of a few days ago. 

On 29/04/2017 at 3:54 PM, gamini said:

No, no office does Retirement Visas; they might, however, do Retirement Extensions.....

So thi office is permanent or just until the big building outside of Hua Hin is finished and

opened?  I see that a big building is getting built that is several Kms from the city core.

Not a great location, but I guess the thought is that it will serve the Hua Hin and surrounding

areas.

Geezer

On 4/30/2017 at 7:41 AM, pcliff069 said:

I must admit Bluport confuses me. On the one hand I'm told no-one goes there on the other parking is a shocker. Do people just go and sit in their cars all day?

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

It's basically badly designed as are the entrances to each floor -Market village is far easier to park.

On 2017-5-1 at 11:05 AM, Lone Ranger said:

It's basically badly designed as are the entrances to each floor -Market village is far easier to park.

I'd have to disagree. There is more available parking at Bluport and I find the spaces are easier to get in and out of - especially the ones where you can drive straight in without any complicated manoeuvring. As for the entrance to the floors, I can't see what you mean. If you park on a level where there is direct entrance to a floor you just walk straight in, if you park on an intermediate level you walk up or down a flight of stairs or take the lift - just like Market Village. 

On 2017-5-1 at 3:51 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

So thi office is permanent or just until the big building outside of Hua Hin is finished and

opened?  I see that a big building is getting built that is several Kms from the city core.

Not a great location, but I guess the thought is that it will serve the Hua Hin and surrounding

areas.

Geezer

Not sure about it being permanent (is anything?) but the plan seems to be that it should be there for the foreseeable future. The office in Bluport is due to open May 9 and the new office building you refer to is due to open at the end of May (based on latest reports). The two are designed to serve quite different purposes. 

Archived