Good news for expats in Hua Hin - new high tech immigration office to open at BluPort

I love Bluport. A little bit of civilization comes to Hua Hin. :smile:

I poked my nose into this immigration office a few weeks ago. I was wondering where everyone was going to sit as there are only a few chairs. So I guess the idea is you wonder around the mall until your number is called. The thing is I have been getting my 90 day reporting done at the main office in under 5 minutes. But this is a much more convenient for me than the current location or the new office under construction which is really far away. 

I guess it's going to be like all things - sometimes busy sometimes not. Being just up the soi from me it will most likely be less frustrating and easier to do it at Bluport than online.

Plus there is the added bonus of being able to grab a cup of coffee if I have to wait. But I will miss my trips to Baguette.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'd have to disagree. There is more available parking at Bluport and I find the spaces are easier to get in and out of - especially the ones where you can drive straight in without any complicated manoeuvring. As for the entrance to the floors, I can't see what you mean. If you park on a level where there is direct entrance to a floor you just walk straight in, if you park on an intermediate level you walk up or down a flight of stairs or take the lift - just like Market Village. 

Have to agree with you there - both centers follow a pretty standard multi level parking model. Bluport being much larger I guess some spots will be further away than at Market Village.

Bluport is just up the soi from me so I tend to use it more often. But it is great that Hua Hin now has 2 great shopping centers within easy reach (of me).

So I was in Bluport today and saw this sign at one of the car park entrances :

bluport-immigration.jpg.7650a1c09e204441097e10c0425fc4e8.jpg

Tourist visa extensions, 90 day reports and re-entry permits !

Open 10:00 - 18:00, closed weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

The main Immigration office is still in Soi 35 for now (although it's supposed to move soon). 

It's situated in the area known locally as 19 Rai, which can be found behind the Index Shopping Centre, close to the beachfront. There is a playground known as the Queen's Park located almost opposite the new office. If travelling north from Hua Hin, you can turn into Soi 35 from Petchakasem Road at the traffic lights just after passing the Royal Palace. Follow Soi 35 round to the left, keep going past the SeenSpace and it's on your left just before the park. 

Travelling from Cha-Am you can turn left into Soi 19, then follow the road until you reach a T Junction at the end. Turn right, go approximately 300 metres along Soi 35 and the office is on the right hand side. 

I'm not sure which days are best but I've noticed it sometimes seems to be quite busy on Mondays. 

I went to the new Bluport immigration office recently, it was empty when I went around 4pm.

I did a change of address, notification of foreigner (me) living at a house (a Thai helped with this showing ID and documentation), a 90 day report and a visa extension all at the same time.

I believe this office is only really for tourist visa extensions, I have the 5 year TE visa which is just a long tourist visa from what I understand.

They're not going to do 'retirement' or extensions on non tourist visas in this office from what I understand.

On 06/16/2017 at 9:06 AM, jcore said:

Has anyone been to this new office at BluPort?  Think I can use this office to extend a 60-day tourist visa once for an extra 30-days? 

There's a sign that says they do "tourist visa extensions." Which exact types of tourist visa that applies to, I couldn't say for sure but I'd say the chances are good.

bluport-immigration.jpg.jpg.2fad2a830c9b223ed3be9c4f12bf036a.jpg

On 16/06/2017 at 9:06 AM, jcore said:

Has anyone been to this new office at BluPort?  Think I can use this office to extend a 60-day tourist visa once for an extra 30-days? 

Yes they do extend normal 60 day tourist visas, I know someone who did this at Bluport last week so I can confirm this 100%.

The fee is 1900 Baht, same as the regular immigration place.

I did my 90 days there last week. I went around 1pm, it was empty. I didn't even need to fill out the paperwork, just handed my passport to the immigration officer who brought my details up on screen, confirmed my address and that was it. The whole thing can't have taken more than 2 minutes. Great service

Archived