Amazing Thailand! Angry cop shoots at truck in road rage incident - but no one is charged

rooster59

Amazing Thailand! Angry cop shoots at truck in road rage incident - but no one is charged

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1BbCoXbY1iSzIAd714TIqrUKJnWn6.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A cop in Hat Yai in Thailand's south fired at a ten wheel truck that cut in front of his vehicle.

Then he chased the terrified driver for ten kilometers, reported Thai Rath.

The truck driver Suchart Kaewklom, 41, only realized it was a policemen when he stopped to report the matter at a police outpost.

His side man had already had enough - Damrongrak Yenjai, 58, was so scared that he fled into the forest rather than stick around.

But despite shots being fired the matter was sorted out amicably without any charges being made.

Suchart apologized for his poor driving while the cop said sorry for losing his temper and shooting at him.

The cop was not named but is based somewhere in the three troubled provinces bordering Malaysia.

Our picture shows Suchart pointing at his truck.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-30

55 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

while the cop said sorry for losing his temper and shooting at him.

And that should make it alrright? errr.... sorry for shooting you

mate, just as well I missed and didn't kill someone.....

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No one was charged !the cop should have been charged with unlawful use of a firearm.

how about attempted murder

Unfortunately this now sends a message that it is ok to use a firearm to settle bad driving issues 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

It better be alright or the cop might just decide to lose his temper again.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

The last time the discharge of a firearm on a road from a vehicle at another vehicle was discussed on this forum, the charge was only punishable by a fine of a few hundred baht and they let the perpetrator keep the firearm, assuming that he has the appropriate license. So even if he had been charged, he would still have got away with it.

3 hours ago, johng said:

They have to buy their own gun and ammo !

Well if that's the case its theirs to do with as they wish I guess. This cop is obviously shell shocked being stationed in the troublesome south close to the border. If I was a cop there the gun would be something I would not go to bed without. 

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I wonder if the police are held accountable for any missing bullets or weapons assigned to them? If not then they can easily be selling them encouraging more crimes?

Not usually held accountable for anything they do.

Worst they'll get is a transfer to an inactive post.

Surprised you don't know that cops are above the law! I am also surprised that more cops have not been shooting at other drivers since poor driving is not all that unusual and cops have little incentive to use restraint when expressing their discontent with their firearms.

10 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I also hate trucks, but I don't have gun.

I recommend that you re-think that........... We have had a response for that in the USA (For very many years now.)

IF YOU HAVE 'IT'......... A truck has brought 'IT'....... ALL or PART of the way to you............ 

1. This so-called policeman is supposedly on duty in Thailand's deeply-troubled southerm provinces.  You'd think the potential for social disaster in the region would mean authorities only assign officers with high-level  training and a well-developed sense of discipline and self-control. But no, cowboys still take opportunities to strike the tinder box with the flimsiest of unprofessional excuses.

2. While it is fortunate Officer Bozo is so poorly trained he can't even hit a target as big as this truck despite a crazed pursuit over 10km, his ratbag behaviour could have easily resulted in the death or injury to innocent bystanders - just the sort of incident to help push an unhappy regional population deeper into outrage.

3, His ineptitude should have been rewarded at least with criminal charges as well as revocation of any licence to carry or use arms . Has no-one in authority any regard for the obligations and duties of professional representatives of security force to the citizenry they're supposed to protect?

Officer Bozo has spat in the collective face of his colleagues and disregarded the alleged aims and policies of his leaders. But a handshake sweeps such considerations under the carpet. I wonder how locals feel about their personal security now? 

Archived