BANGKOK 24 May 2019 12:32

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Amazing Thailand! Angry cop shoots at truck in road rage incident - but no one is charged

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I wonder if the police are held accountable for any missing bullets or weapons assigned to them? If not then they can easily be selling them encouraging more crimes?

Not usually held accountable for anything they do.

Worst they'll get is a transfer to an inactive post.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

No one was charged !the cop should have been charged with unlawful use of a firearm.

For what? Nobody was injured.....Mai pen rai

4 hours ago, johng said:

They have to buy their own gun and ammo !

Why? I thought just recently there had been a massive purchase of guns for cops. So what happened to them?

...find and send this cop to England for a certain administration of justice.

9 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

thanks for clarifying that

Agree, I was wondering which truck he was driving also.

But can you count the bullet holes in it?

Surprised you don't know that cops are above the law! I am also surprised that more cops have not been shooting at other drivers since poor driving is not all that unusual and cops have little incentive to use restraint when expressing their discontent with their firearms.

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

No one was charged !the cop should have been charged with unlawful use of a firearm.

Don't forget where you are.................. TIT  (This Is Thailand)

10 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I also hate trucks, but I don't have gun.

I recommend that you re-think that........... We have had a response for that in the USA (For very many years now.)

IF YOU HAVE 'IT'......... A truck has brought 'IT'....... ALL or PART of the way to you............ 

1. This so-called policeman is supposedly on duty in Thailand's deeply-troubled southerm provinces.  You'd think the potential for social disaster in the region would mean authorities only assign officers with high-level  training and a well-developed sense of discipline and self-control. But no, cowboys still take opportunities to strike the tinder box with the flimsiest of unprofessional excuses.

2. While it is fortunate Officer Bozo is so poorly trained he can't even hit a target as big as this truck despite a crazed pursuit over 10km, his ratbag behaviour could have easily resulted in the death or injury to innocent bystanders - just the sort of incident to help push an unhappy regional population deeper into outrage.

3, His ineptitude should have been rewarded at least with criminal charges as well as revocation of any licence to carry or use arms . Has no-one in authority any regard for the obligations and duties of professional representatives of security force to the citizenry they're supposed to protect?

Officer Bozo has spat in the collective face of his colleagues and disregarded the alleged aims and policies of his leaders. But a handshake sweeps such considerations under the carpet. I wonder how locals feel about their personal security now?