Border crossing Chong Chom/O'Smach with own car December 2016

off road

23 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

I'm back from Cambodia, in at Osmach and out at Pailin, going with a friend by his car. He enquired at Osmach, and I listened: normally they keep the blue book, which means you have to leave at the same border. And I saw a stack of blue (and pink or purple for Lao cars) books in their office. But on request, and depending on the officer's mood, it is possible to take all car documentation with you and exit elsewhere.

On exiting Pailin, my friend asked Cambodian customs if he can take his car in and out there, and got a yes.

On exiting Pailin, I got stamped into Thailand for 30 days despite having a tourist visa. I noticed but didn't say anything, as my next trip out of Thailand is in less than 30 days so I don't need 60 days, and I didn't want to cause delays for people behind me, or waste space in passport for a new stamp. But now I wonder, was that just a mistake by immigration officer or do they have a policy of stamping people in only for 30 days?

it was a mistake,  did u enter the tourist visa number on ur arrival form?
you Should have notified him right away,

I always check i got the correct stamp before i step out of line

Ban Pakkard or Ban Laem

I have left with my car at both borders...

• 6 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, ChristianPFC said:

I'm back from Cambodia, in at Osmach and out at Pailin, going with a friend by his car. He enquired at Osmach, and I listened: normally they keep the blue book, which means you have to leave at the same border. And I saw a stack of blue (and pink or purple for Lao cars) books in their office. But on request, and depending on the officer's mood, it is possible to take all car documentation with you and exit elsewhere. 

On exiting Pailin, my friend asked Cambodian customs if he can take his car in and out there, and got a yes. 

On exiting Pailin, I got stamped into Thailand for 30 days despite having a tourist visa. I noticed but didn't say anything, as my next trip out of Thailand is in less than 30 days so I don't need 60 days, and I didn't want to cause delays for people behind me, or waste space in passport for a new stamp. But now I wonder, was that just a mistake by immigration officer or do they have a policy of stamping people in only for 30 days? 

I recently entered through O'Smach. I have also been through there a few times and never have I seen any blue books held. I got a temporary import form and returned it to the Phsar Prum border control where I exited. Officer took it off me, said thanks and I was on my way.

No, you should have gotten 60 days. Did you enter your visa number correctly?

Archived