Jalapeno

Beats56

I found some jalapenos (hot and yellow and pickled in a jar like we get in the US) once some years ago but can't remember if it was in Thailand or the middle east...

if yer in BKK ye might wanna try foodland or villa in the pickles section, doubt that ye can find them fresh...

I found some jalapenos (hot and yellow and pickled in a jar like we get in the US) once some years ago but can't remember if it was in Thailand or the middle east...  

if yer in BKK ye might wanna try foodland or villa in the pickles section, doubt that ye can find them fresh...

Found fresh at Makro, really hot ones, not at all like in the US.

Ate half once and I was physically shaking, stronger than a habanero, next one.... Nothing, so it's a hit or miss.

Pickled you can find at Tesco, BigC, Makro, Tops.....

tutsi with some drunken mates with a quart jar of yellow jalapenos in California in the early 70s...'yew think yer bad? lemme see yew eat 5 of those in succession...'

'yew pussy, I can eat 10!...'

and so it went...with howls of agony from the hong naam the next morning...

9 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

tutsi with some drunken mates with a quart jar of yellow jalapenos in California in the early 70s...'yew think yer bad? lemme see yew eat 5 of those in succession...'

'yew pussy, I can eat 10!...'

and so it went...with howls of agony from the hong naam the next morning...

Try eating them accompanied with some pickled eggs and cold beer and you will clear the room in  a few minutes and won't have to wait to howl the next morning!

5 minutes ago, wayned said:

Try eating them accompanied with some pickled eggs and cold beer and you will clear the room in  a few minutes and won't have to wait to howl the next morning!

Try eating the one chip challenge. .one chip for 5 bucks. It  is covered in Carolina reaper pepper. It will rock your word. You have been warned

Right now certain Royal Project Stores have them as well, for example inside Kasetsart University.
Often buy 1 pack get 1 free promotion.
When they have I stock my freezer with chopped ones and also make some homemade pickles in the glass

On 5/3/2017 at 5:29 AM, wayned said:

tutsi inna lowlife pub in the east midlands steps up and sez: 'pint of bitter, 3 pickled eggs and some pork scratchin's please...'

and then from a bouffant middleaged white trash woman with a fag and a miniskirt next to me at the bar: 'pickled eggs...really...' as she snickered to her equally sleazy mates...

tutsi then bowed solemnly and said: 'it's an acquired taste, madam...'

from "tutsi's adventures in the east midlands, 1988 - 1991'

• 2 weeks later...
Doi Kham sells them pretty regularly now and cheap.  I buy them in Bangkok all the time.  However recently they have been scarce.  Maybe out of season?  Thais call them prik jalapeno and they pronounce the J.  

In Makro they call them prik Mexico.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

In Makro they call them prik Mexico.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Prik Mexico may be more common.  I don't know.  Actually I was just in one store and asked the clerk what they are called.  She and another clerk said prik jalapeno, but that might just be something unique to that store that they were taught/told.

Archived