Multiple Entry Non-O Visa Singapore

1 hour ago, alphason said:

Interesting, what are the financial requirements? A few months ago I got mine in Penang this time, where they accepted overseas Bank statements, will Singapore accept this also?

400,000 baht, I provided statement from Thai bank, however you could try oversees bank statement and upload with your application, if there's a problem they will advise in the comment section of "My Application".

• 1 month later...

Can I ask if you had any sort of Thai visa at the time of your application?  Or you had none?

I have been here 22 years on Non Bs as I have always been employed.  My visa will be cancelled this week as I have left my job and I'm moving to take up a new job in Singapore.  My wife and kids will stay in Bangkok so I will apply for a multiple entry Non O in Singapore.  Unfortunately I didn't get time to sort it out here before I have to leave.

On 2017-6-5 at 7:15 AM, josephbloggs said:

Can I ask if you had any sort of Thai visa at the time of your application?  Or you had none?

I have been here 22 years on Non Bs as I have always been employed.  My visa will be cancelled this week as I have left my job and I'm moving to take up a new job in Singapore.  My wife and kids will stay in Bangkok so I will apply for a multiple entry Non O in Singapore.  Unfortunately I didn't get time to sort it out here before I have to leave.

No Thai visa at time of application, I had been using 30 day visa exempt for past 10 years.

1 hour ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

No Thai visa at time of application, I had been using 30 day visa exempt for past 10 years.

Thanks.  I put my application in and it's been reviewed,  I'll submit the documents to the embassy next week.  Woop!

Cheers.

But even though you may get a multi entry visa in Singapore based on marriage to a Thai,  they will NOT give you that same visa  based on retirement in Thailand unless you are a Singapore resident.

Try it and see.

33 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

But even though you may get a multi entry visa in Singapore based on marriage to a Thai,  they will NOT give you that same visa  based on retirement in Thailand unless you are a Singapore resident.

Try it and see.

Correct, you can only get it based on marriage to a Thai, however once you have the visa you can then do extension in Thailand based on retirement.

• Like 1

I have just picked up my 12 month multiple entry visa. It was incredibly painless. 2 minutes wait on document submission day (in and out in five minutes), then no wait at all the next day when I picked it up - just straight to the counter.

Big thanks to the OP for such a helpful and clear post.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:32 AM, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Hi again,

I entered Thailand on 16th June but only got stamped entry permitted until 13 September.  I was expecting to get a year's allowance.  Or with this visa do you have to go in and out of the country every 90 days?  I'll be coming and going a lot more often than that, so will I just get permission for 90 day's stay each time?  Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi all, 

Any one here has experience applying Non-O visa at Thai Embassy in Singapore but Non-O is for Guardian to a child who study in Bangkok? Any shared experiences are welcome. 

Are you the legal father.?

B
Being on birth certificate is not enough unless legally married.

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:
On 6/20/2017 at 10:08 AM, ag256 said:
Hi all, 

Any one here has experience applying Non-O visa at Thai Embassy in Singapore but Non-O is for Guardian to a child who study in Bangkok? Any shared experiences are welcome. 

Are you the legal father.?

B
Being on birth certificate is not enough unless legally married.

Just to clarify, are you saying

• Legitimization is required at all consulates? There certainly are some who accept the birth certificate (unlike when applying for an extension)
  • You can get a single or multiple (which?) Non O in Singapore as the parent of a Thai child, assuming you have the necessary documents?

On 6/20/2017 at 10:08 AM, ag256 said:

There is no visa for guardians. They can only be issued for parents of a child (parents are not guardians).

Is the child Thai?

On 4/30/2017 at 4:54 PM, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

400,000 baht, I provided statement from Thai bank, however you could try oversees bank statement and upload with your application, if there's a problem they will advise in the comment section of "My Application".

Does anyone know if the bank account has to be in my name or can it be in my company's name?  The company being owned by me.

1 hour ago, kurtmartens said:

Does anyone know if the bank account has to be in my name or can it be in my company's name?  The company being owned by me.

I cannot claim to have tried that, but I would be extremely surprised if anything but a personal account was acceptable.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Sorry guys, one last question.  The 400,000 in the bank ... is there a minimum how long it has to have been in the account?  2 days, 2 months, etc?

To apply for a visa at a embassy or consulate it only needs to be in the bank on the date you apply.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a visa at a embassy or consulate it only needs to be in the bank on the date you apply.

Well to be pedantic, it only needs to be in the account on the day you updated the passbook, or on the most recent bank statement, I've never given evidence of funds on the exact date of application nor have I been asked for them. Information I've supplied in support of my application has always been within a week or so of application date.

On 14/06/2017 at 1:36 PM, josephbloggs said:

I have just picked up my 12 month multiple entry visa. It was incredibly painless. 2 minutes wait on document submission day (in and out in five minutes), then no wait at all the next day when I picked it up - just straight to the counter.

Big thanks to the OP for such a helpful and clear post.

Hi josephbloggs, did you show proof of funds in a Thai bank account or a Singaporean one?

• 3 months later...