When foreigners think of Thailand they think of sex, say Thais

webfact

And the explanation for the confusing GDP % is:

Example.

Shop buys t shirt for 100, sells it for 120.

The shop contributes 20 to GDP (the added value).

Wrongfully the sales price (120) is then often compared to GDP 20.

Same with exports.

(I used to teach macro economics)

If you like semantics: tourism (or exports or.....) accounts for X% of GDP, while tourism amounts to Y% as compared to GDP.

Y will be a much higher number than X.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

It's true, there is great food here, and there are still some reasonably clean beaches, and some actual proper massages and other health treatments. Why, there is even decent scuba diving, and dirt bike riding, I have found some great golf courses, and jammed with some great rock bands. Oh for goodness sake, get out and have a look!!!

I just knew I should not have bothered, some comments on here are just beyond the comprehension of some

At least after reading Post 256 I now know that there are prostitutes in every country 5555555

I am fairly conversant with Thailands other tourist attractions

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

That is what tourist think yes and probably you as an expat have another opinion.

Sorry Destiny, but you are overthinking my simple post of OH for goodness sake

I will give you a clue prostitutes in every country are you sure 5555555555

On 5/1/2017 at 9:56 AM, webfact said:

Thais believe foreigners think of sex when they think about Thailand.

When on holiday as a single man l was looking for sex whatever country it was. :biggrin:

Personally l like the country name before " Siam ".

On 5/5/2017 at 0:21 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

It is still by some margin the most dangerous tourism destination for Aussies, Brits and Swedes, according to their respective consular services. 

Yes, and those consular services put that furphy about to try and cut down on the work they have to do, so they can attend more parties in Bangkok.

It's total BS to say Thailand is dangerous. Places like Harlem, Detroit, Philadelphia in the USA are far more dangerous.

I've lived here for 8 years. All it takes is a bit of common sense and jai yenn to stay out of trouble.

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When on holiday as a single man l was looking for sex whatever country it was. :biggrin:

Personally l like the country name before " Siam ".

Too true. I like to have sex in every country I visit. When people say "you only go there for the sex", my reply is, "I have never gone anywhere and tried to NOT get laid!!"

Of course many foreigners think of sex when they think of Thailand.  That doesn't mean most do, and that doesn't mean people go there and actually engage in sex.  Heck, I personally think more about daily wonderful foot massages, or a call in oil massage while slumbering in my hotel, then a dip in the pool, a nap, Fried rice with shrimp and tom yum kung at the Kiss Restaurant in Pattaya, later at night some German food at The Domicile, or a few other places.  I go to relax not run down every available lady in town

Archived