First time in Bangkok

SWINGtech

Hi Guys,

i am planning to come to Bangkok for a first time and I was wondering if some one shade some light for me like about a central location to stay , hotel health checkup etc... meanwhile , is it possible to buy an AAS from the pharmacy ? And is there a good go kart track ? My hobby and addiction is Motorsport and physical exercise , please advise me in depth as I have no clue about Bangkok ;-)

thanks in advance 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Google/Youtube.  Firstly, you "shed" light, not "shade" light.  Thought everyone knew that.  Pick a hotel near the Terminal 21 Mall.  Done.  So you are going to BKK for the motorsports scene?  It's vibrant you're gonna love it.  Just go to any main intersection.  Here's some info, via the aforementioned Google, on getting juiced first.  http://www.livingthai.org/where-to-buy-steroids-in-thailand.html

For a first timer to the city, I'd suggest staying in the area known as Sukhumvit, particularly within walking distance to Asoke BTS (elevated train). This is the same area as what was suggested above as 'Terminal 21'. 

The area has plenty of food, bar and entertainment options (also two 'adult' areas if that's your scene), and while it does feel quite westernised its still very easy to walk off the main road and discover street food and other things that define the city. Transport around the cty is much faster than taxi, also cheap and efficient. That's why BTS access is my suggestion. There's also an intersecting underground train system called the MRT which meets up with the BTS in a few places. Lucky for you, the MRT station in this area is close to Asoke BTS. 

Bring your own whey powder if you can (leave clothes at home to make space, and replace when you get here).  The same powders are available as back home, just double the price (being imports).

On the other hand, Makro will supply a Kg of chicken (no bone/skin) for something like $150baht/Kg.

Roids are not hard to get here, legally, often over the counter.  Conversely, if you want post cycle stuff like Clomiphene  they might say "we don't sell those, you'll have to go to a fertility clinic". ....makes me wonder..... (maybe order online before you travel).

Can't help you regards BKK though as to me it's just one of those challenges to get through to get to the airport.  There will be thousands on here that will entirely disagree with me though and love the place.

I actually would avoid Sukhumvit.  There are lots of bars and restaurants but not that many actual good ones.  Sukumvit is also full of sex-tourist and sex-pats.  Having said that some people like it, and the Tong Lor and Ekamai parts of Sukumvit have some good bars and restaurants... not cheap though.  Personally, I prefer the Silom/Sathon area (I live there).  I think it has a much nicer atmosphere and also quite close to some good riverside bars and restaurants.  Several BTS stops in the area should you want to go anywhere else in the city. 

25 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Sukumvit is also full of sex-tourist and sex-pats.  

This is simply untrue. There are three very very small areas of girly bars, the rest of the place is for regular tourists and of course locals. 

Not that I'm saying Sukhumvit wins out over other areas.. I would stay elsewhere again. But for a newbie its a perfect introduction to Bangkok. 

definitely stay on sukhumvit around asoke.  you can access all parts of bangkok from there in 30 minutes via skytrain (BTS) or subway (MRT).  english is widely spoken in the area.  and you can always ask a fellow farang some questions if you need some help.

i don't know of a go kart track.  there is one in phuket, just outside of patong.  there is also a 'world class' racetrack in buriram.  i saw the SBK motul series race there a couple months ago.  

bumrungrad hospital has a decent deal for a full health check up.  i haven't done it in a few years.  it was 10,000thb last time i did it.  took about half a day to get through it.  alot more than a blood test and an xray.  google it for more info. 

6 hours ago, FarSeas said:

For a first timer to the city, I'd suggest staying in the area known as Sukhumvit, particularly within walking distance to Asoke BTS (elevated train). This is the same area as what was suggested above as 'Terminal 21'. 

The area has plenty of food, bar and entertainment options (also two 'adult' areas if that's your scene), and while it does feel quite westernised its still very easy to walk off the main road and discover street food and other things that define the city. Transport around the cty is much faster than taxi, also cheap and efficient. That's why BTS access is my suggestion. There's also an intersecting underground train system called the MRT which meets up with the BTS in a few places. Lucky for you, the MRT station in this area is close to Asoke BTS. 

Loads of affordable hotels in Asoke, as stated above BTS (Train) and MRT (Subway) are here, I am staying in the Rembrandt Towers serviced apartments short term rates are reasonable.........just had a Cycle Motorsports week in Terminal 21, understand they sold over 28,000 motorcycles in that 10 day period alone..........all the new models.  :post-4641-1156694083:

6 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I actually would avoid Sukhumvit.  There are lots of bars and restaurants but not that many actual good ones.  Sukumvit is also full of sex-tourist and sex-pats.  Having said that some people like it, and the Tong Lor and Ekamai parts of Sukumvit have some good bars and restaurants... not cheap though.  Personally, I prefer the Silom/Sathon area (I live there).  I think it has a much nicer atmosphere and also quite close to some good riverside bars and restaurants.  Several BTS stops in the area should you want to go anywhere else in the city. 

Seriously?  Silom home of the sleaziest part of BKK Patpong and gay massage.  Silom is more crowded and a much bigger rip off potential then even Nana. The claustrophobic area of BKK.

Many great restaurants Sukhumvit Soi 11 and 8.

Stay near Asoke much better.

There is a small nice boutique hotel right off Sukhumvit by Terminal 21 mall. It's called CityPoint hotel and I've stayed there numerous times for around 1500 baht per night through Hotels.com. Not the cheapest around but nice and clean and the staff excellent.

9 hours ago, buick said:

definitely stay on sukhumvit around asoke.  you can access all parts of bangkok from there in 30 minutes via skytrain (BTS) or subway (MRT).  english is widely spoken in the area.  and you can always ask a fellow farang some questions if you need some help.

i don't know of a go kart track.  there is one in phuket, just outside of patong.  there is also a 'world class' racetrack in buriram.  i saw the SBK motul series race there a couple months ago.  

bumrungrad hospital has a decent deal for a full health check up.  i haven't done it in a few years.  it was 10,000thb last time i did it.  took about half a day to get through it.  alot more than a blood test and an xray.  google it for more info. 

Buriram has a go  kart track near the international race track . across from the Ducati dealer.

For a place to stay check out renthub.in.th

For aas hit a few pharmacies, you can get them there yes. Some will say no, then just go to another one.

Go to the ones where the employee is a man. They are doing these things to make money on the side, women are usually afraid to wheel and deal.

21 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Have you ever been to Smalls? Been thinking of going there.

On 5/2/2017 at 3:21 PM, buick said:

There's 2 go kart tracks in Phuket.  1 over the hill from Patong and 1 in Chalong and a dirt bike trail/park near that.

you telling a guy to stay at Nana hotel the biggest shit hole in Bangkok. now that is a sex tourists hotel, just one stream after another. of guys bringing girls back,  girls sitting outside accosting you, can see it all from Strikers bar lol

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

you telling a guy to stay at Nana hotel the biggest shit hole in Bangkok. now that is a sex tourists hotel, just one stream after another. of guys bringing girls back,  girls sitting outside accosting you, can see it all from Strikers bar lol

Jealous?  I know a lot of guys that love that hotel been going there for over 20 years.  But if it offends you so much why don't you pick another place to hang out?  You are sitting next to that "shit hole" so whats that say about you?

On 5/9/2017 at 11:07 AM, mercman24 said:

Nana ain't so bad, big rooms for a start, while since I stayed there though. Last time I was in BKK Strikers was part of a building site, presume that is all finished now.

• 1 month later...

Make sure to bring a suit case full of common sense with you before you venture outside as a newbie.

If you are a drinker then simply pace yourself and do not get all juiced up and make yourself vulnerable.

Good luck  

I always suggest people visit Pattaya instead of Bangkok. I just find it easier to get around especially for newbies. The tuk tuks in Bangkok are a big ripoff, taxis not always much better. I don't think you can beat the baht buses in Pattaya, I find it easier to orientate myself, also there is a go kart track 10 minutes from Walking Street.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh God no totally avoid this silly advice.

The BTS stops at midnight and cabs won't take you to the outer suburbs as mentioned above unless it's extortion money  Stay in lower Sukhumvit because you are going to be there ever night anyways.. Just trust me on that [emoji3] , tons of bars and restaurants and go go bars.. And yes you can enjoy them without the super uptight ex pat guys making you feel like your a weirdo pervert which is odd because they didn't come here for the temples lol 

Plenty of hotels in soi 8 and soi 4 or around Asoke at reasonable prices low season.

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Oh God no totally avoid this silly advice.

The BTS stops at midnight and cabs won't take you to the outer suburbs as mentioned above unless it's extortion money  Stay in lower Sukhumvit because you are going to be there ever night anyways.. Just trust me on that emoji3.png , tons of bars and restaurants and go go bars.. And yes you can enjoy them without the super uptight ex pat guys making you feel like your a weirdo pervert which is odd because they didn't come here for the temples lol 

Plenty of hotels in soi 8 and soi 4 or around Asoke at reasonable prices low season.

Typical sex-pat answer. You certainly will not be in lower Sukhumvit every night unless you enjoy the company of losers (not all mind) and prostitutes.  With the exception of Cheap Charlie's (which I think is now closed or due to close) there isn't a single good bar in lower Sukhmuvit. They only good ones are up around Tong Lor/Ekamai.  I used to work in Ramkamheng (greater Bangkok) but lived around Silom and never once had an issue with getting taxi home late at night.  And for the record, because one chooses not to sleep with hookers doesn't mean one is uptight.  It's difficult Thailand sex-pats/sex tourists to get there head around the fact there are in fact - believe it or not - foreigners here that don't pay for sex.  How mind boggling!

Archived