First time in Bangkok

SWINGtech

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys..Just would like to check with you.

I would be visiting Bangkok end of this year.. I would be staying in Soi 4 along the street about 700 meter walking distance to Nana.

I have a question as is the bar located the whole stretch is friendly for both gender as i my girlfriend is also tagging along.

I know that inside nana plaza would be a big no no.. But what about bars outside such as hooters, hillary.. Are the safe to bring my girlfriend have a light snack and a couple of beers.

You guys can ask me why bring girlfriend to such place as i also have a reason for that.. My nephews are visiting Bangkok for the first time and they wanted to go and visit the bars near Nana. Since i am much older, their parents ask me to follow them to guide them and make sure they are out of trouble. Since i am fed-up with this gogo-bar, i decided to ask my gf to tagg along so that i could spend some time with her since me and my gf stay apart. 

I told my nephews that you guys can proceed to go Nana plaza and i will be outside in any one of the bars which is safe for girl.

But just wanted to get opinon as i dont want my gf to be disturbed or mistakenly looked and think that she also is working there.

Ohh yea my GF is a thai national from Issan and never been to Bangkok nightlife and she works as a nurse in Hospital in Issan. 

Just concern of the safety and guys can recommend me a bar where i can have dinner/snack and have a couple if beers and hop to another bar near untill i wait for my nephews to return from Nana plaza.

I do not wish to bring her inside nana plaza as things can get much worse with the gogo bars.

11 minutes ago, staticpuls3 said:

I would be visiting Bangkok end of this year.. I would be staying in Soi 4 along the street about 700 meter walking distance to Nana.

I have a question as is the bar located the whole stretch is friendly for both gender as i my girlfriend is also tagging along.

I know that inside nana plaza would be a big no no.. But what about bars outside such as hooters, hillary.. Are the safe to bring my girlfriend have a light snack and a couple of beers.

You guys can ask me why bring girlfriend to such place as i also have a reason for that.. My nephews are visiting Bangkok for the first time and they wanted to go and visit the bars near Nana. Since i am much older, their parents ask me to follow them to guide them and make sure they are out of trouble. Since i am fed-up with this gogo-bar, i decided to ask my gf to tagg along so that i could spend some time with her since me and my gf stay apart. 

I told my nephews that you guys can proceed to go Nana plaza and i will be outside in any one of the bars which is safe for girl.

But just wanted to get opinon as i dont want my gf to be disturbed or mistakenly looked and think that she also is working there.

Ohh yea my GF is a thai national from Issan and never been to Bangkok nightlife and she works as a nurse in Hospital in Issan. 

Just concern of the safety and guys can recommend me a bar where i can have dinner/snack and have a couple if beers and hop to another bar near untill i wait for my nephews to return from Nana plaza.

I do not wish to bring her inside nana plaza as things can get much worse with the gogo bars.

Any bar is fine. Certainly if she is Thai. 

It all depends on YOUR attitude towards other people for her to be mistaken to be working there. 

Leave sandals and beer chang shirt at home and you should be fine.. 

7 hours ago, staticpuls3 said:

Hilarious.

13 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

Any bar is fine. Certainly if she is Thai. 

It all depends on YOUR attitude towards other people for her to be mistaken to be working there. 

Leave sandals and beer chang shirt at home and you should be fine.. 

Ohh Ok...Thank you for your reply.

I was abit skeptical since some bars shows strip show and it would be uncomfortable for her to sit together and watch.. 

that why i asked for recommendation of any good & decent bar which can bring ladies/wife/gf.. 

So far i only see hooters and hillary as decent near Nana Plaza.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hilarious.

Err...Which part is hilarious... I am just clearing my doubt and seek help from our members who have more experience.

The hilarious part is you bringing your nurse gf to Soi 4 for her Bangkok holiday.

Do both of you a favour and book a hotel on Soi 11.

Its close by and you will avoid having to walk past the endless circus of prostitutes and leering fat old farangs every day.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The hilarious part is you bringing your nurse gf to Soi 4 for her Bangkok holiday.

Do both of you a favour and book a hotel on Soi 11.

Its close by and you will avoid having to walk past the endless circus of prostitutes and leering fat old farangs every day.

Sure Bro...I hear you... Do you familar with clubs/bars that are good so that i can bring her together and chill meanwhile i let go my nephews to do their own thing...

5 hours ago, staticpuls3 said:

Sure Bro...I hear you... Do you familar with clubs/bars that are good so that i can bring her together and chill meanwhile i let go my nephews to do their own thing...

Unfortunately Soi 11 is not much different than Soi 4. Some clubs like Sugar and Levels are OK but packed with working girls. 

If you want to chill I would stick to rooftop bars.. 

8 hours ago, staticpuls3 said:

Ohh Ok...Thank you for your reply.

I was abit skeptical since some bars shows strip show and it would be uncomfortable for her to sit together and watch.. 

that why i asked for recommendation of any good & decent bar which can bring ladies/wife/gf.. 

So far i only see hooters and hillary as decent near Nana Plaza.

Err...Which part is hilarious... I am just clearing my doubt and seek help from our members who have more experience.

Go downstairs at The Landmark hotel. Nice place with a very good live band playing popular music.  You guys will like it.

5 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

Unfortunately Soi 11 is not much different than Soi 4. Some clubs like Sugar and Levels are OK but packed with working girls. 

Yup take her to Ratchada if its a weekend or just hang by the malls if you want to keep her happy.

On 13/09/2017 at 9:32 AM, stephen tracy said:

Also, I didn't attack heterosexuals on Sukumvit, I made less than flattering comments about sex-tourists/pat losers in BKK.  There's a difference. 

We spend our wealth on sensuality ..Whats your problem? If I want to be brow beaten by a b*th I'll marry a western women.  Sukhumvit = fun , money and hetro.  Silom = glum gays pretending they are not exploiting poor third world lads. It's really creepy. And hypocritical.

On 14/09/2017 at 1:13 PM, staticpuls3 said:

I do not wish to bring her inside nana plaza as things can get much worse with the gogo 

6 hours ago, The manic said:

We spend our wealth on sensuality ..Whats your problem? If I want to be brow beaten by a b*th I'll marry a western women.  Sukhumvit = fun , money and hetro.  Silom = glum gays pretending they are not exploiting poor third world lads. It's really creepy. And hypocritical.

It comes as a surprise to me that all this time I never knew that all the people I see every day in Silom/Sathon are homosexual.  It's a revelation to me.  I must be the only straight person here if that's the case. Thanks for letting me know.  Anyway, I expect you've got a bar stool to occupy along with all the other leering fat old farangs whoo can't get laid without paying.  Nothing at all creepy and embarrassing about that.  Enjoy!

On 5/9/2017 at 4:07 AM, mercman24 said:

you telling a guy to stay at Nana hotel the biggest shit hole in Bangkok. now that is a sex tourists hotel, just one stream after another. of guys bringing girls back,  girls sitting outside accosting you, can see it all from Strikers bar lol

now  x forever  , sherlock  I venture to guess.

On 9/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, JerryinTH said:

Will be visting Vertigo & Moon bar...But i check out the price..its quite expensive..

On 9/15/2017 at 7:34 PM, bkk6060 said:

Go downstairs at The Landmark hotel. Nice place with a very good live band playing popular music.  You guys will like it.

On 9/16/2017 at 12:06 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Yup take her to Ratchada if its a weekend or just hang by the malls if you want to keep her happy.

Thank you for the suggestion..

On 9/16/2017 at 1:04 AM, observer90210 said:

Why not to Khaosan Road and The Club? Plenty of fine non working busty cuties on the prawl...farang, Thai...make your choice!!...

Unless somebody now comes up here and says that Khaosan is for zoophiles or something crazy of the sort? :cheesy::guitar::welcomeani:

Okies..

On 9/16/2017 at 5:14 AM, The manic said:

If she is Thai she will not be shocked or offended. If she is from Issan..she will have friends or relatives working in soi cowboy or N P.

Hahaha...i Have the doubt...We will find out on December..

Archived