obtrusive audio attack

I got a loud Thai man's voice coming out of my computer speakers.  I didn't know where it was coming from.  Then, after a minute of suffering, I noticed it was coming from one of the ads on ThaiVisa.  I had not clicked it, but thankfully, it had an X mark in one corner. When I clicked the X, it stopped.

Already, we're forced to have dozens of gaudy ads, in order to partake in ThaiVisa.  Now, are we forced to listen to shouting Thai voices also?  Please cut those loud ads.  All but a few ThaiVisa members (maybe 2%) comprehend the Thai run-on sentences anyway, so you might as well have the ads shouting in Swahili or Icelandic language.  It's obtrusive.   .....and even the 2% don't want to hear it.

If a ThaiVisa member wants to be shouted at in Thai, let that person click on the ad or go to a big box Thai department store.  ThaiVisa makes it obligatory.  No like.

Haven't come across that one yet, but what I do get is adverts that cover the text on the pages.

One example is the large banner for "Thai Visa Radio. PLAY NOW!"" that actually covers the sign in box. So I cannot sign in.

What I have to do to sign in is this:

"Turn off javascript"  and refresh the page... That removes the adverts. 

Sign in, then turn on javascript and refresh page.

Once done, I can then post replies to treads.

It's getting ridiculous.

no response thus far from anyone working at Thaivisa.

Do they just hope this annoying mention (by me) will just blow away?   ......so ThaiVisa corp can go on annoying people by accepting audio ads that automatically turn on without any clicks by viewers.

The ad position is set by the forum layout. The content in many places is streamed and selected by Google.This is often based  on a users browsing habits. (But not always). 

15 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

Why don't I see any of these adds folk keep going on about?

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

This is often based  on a users browsing habits.

:whistling:

Archived