Depressed, Shocked And Mentaly Drained

Nawtilus

I visited villa PloenChit several weeks ago to stock up on Gods gift to toast and the land down under where culinary exquisities are treasured....and they did not have any Vegemite, more worrying was that the price sticker had been removed.

I went there again yesterday and still no vegemite.

I went to Villa soi 11, same same.

I went to Villa soi 33, same same.

What the hel_l has come over these people, would I be forced to fly in an emergancy ration, or would I stoop to a new low point and try marmite ? Even worse, if they never get it in again, would I ever have to contemplate a change, or just give up toast alltogether.

In Villa soi33 however, I did locate 'Ribena' and am enjoying the first taste of it in an icy glass for 5 years at least.

But, they only had the pre mixed stuff and I want the bottled concentrate, then you can mix your own with whatever you want, awesome with ice and soda.

So, anyone know where to get the concentrate ??

All was not lost, as I went to soi71 to get some fresh lamb and low and behold I found my vegemite again and as a bonus it was much cheaper than Villa. Villa is around 260b for 325g and in soi 71 it is 150b, so just by getting a taxi there you are in front anyway, so stocked up, also got pickled onions.

On a sad note, they do not have 'sao' biscuits anymore.

I become frustrated when I cannot find fresh corn tortillas at my local Suphanburi 7-11...

Tutsi, my 7/11 doesn't even stock Beluga caviar anymore. Oh, sure they carry the stuff in jars but not the fresh Romanoff variety packed in ice. Next, they will probably ditch the magnums of Dom Perignon and only stock the smaller bottles of the stuff.

Life is tough for the Expat!

I become frustrated when I cannot find fresh corn tortillas at my local Suphanburi 7-11...

Tutsi, my 7/11 doesn't even stock Beluga caviar anymore. Oh, sure they carry the stuff in jars but not the fresh Romanoff variety packed in ice. Next, they will probably ditch the magnums of Dom Perignon and only stock the smaller bottles of the stuff.

Life is tough for the Expat!

tough?...they ain't the perspective to even stock Knudsen's full fat small curd cottage cheese...bloody heathens...it don't take that much to live a civilized life...

oh, boo hoooo :o

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I did buy all the crumpets that were on the shelf in Villa, so if anyone is looking for crumpets....I got em.

And I am enjoying them on these cold mornings, smothered in honey and a hot cup of tea.

I am not surprised the shelves are fully stocked with marmite...nobody wants it.