Is isan the most adulterous province in Thailand?

Pik

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2017 at 6:05 AM, transam said:

There was a lot going on in Eltham, south east London back in the '60's as I recall if that helps as a comparison........great.gif.9f125aaedcd92120b71116d7c85f2827.gif

Ohh do tell Tranny, that was the next town from me. Did it expand into sleepy, dreary Welling?

On 5/3/2017 at 2:46 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Count all the Karaoke bars in each region (not province) and get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you understand the Thai sex industry that is for the benefits of Thai males, then you'll understand that Isaan doesn't stand out anymore than any other region of Thailand, with maybe the exception of the deep South.  

On 2017-5-3 at 3:35 PM, bazza73 said:

I'm wondering how the OP would set about proving this assertion on a statistical basis. It would be a biased sample because (a) all anecdotal (b) what percentage of adulterers would admit their adultery.

Perhaps a different tack - what percentage of Issan women over the age of 18 are virgins.

None , 

On 5/6/2017 at 7:38 AM, fordguy61mi said:

My girl is from Isaan originally. Now lives in Bangkok. She is very conservative in her dress. I couldn't even coax her into a bikini at the beach. Maybe bar girls that come out of Isaan are that way but I don't think traditional Thai girls are.

Do you know where the women working the Thai sex trade come from when they are working in Isaan?  Place like Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit.  Generally they aren't working anywhere near where they live.  

On 3.5.2017 at 8:37 PM, swissie said:

...they truly believe that their Prince Charming will stick around for life. Often times the Prince Charming has other plans

Prince Charming has no plan at all - that's his standard! he just got drunk and had a lay-over

57 minutes ago, connda said:

Do you know where the women working the Thai sex trade come from when they are working in Isaan?  Place like Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit.  Generally they aren't working anywhere near where they live.  

that is perfectly o.k.; I would't screw around in my home amphur, either  - - would I?

On 3/5/2017 at 4:01 PM, champers said:

On that basis, how could anyone disprove the OPs theory. I think Chonburi; the province Pattaya is in; would be near the top of any league table.

And 99% of the girls there come from Isaan....

Many years ago when I arrived with a late flight I took a taxi at Suwarnapoom to take me to Isaan.   As it became dark I was really surprised of the more and more Karaoke-bars that lighted up near the road...The closer we came, the more bars... Later I was told by an Isaan woman: "Everybody here is involved"...So let this confirm your statement...

2 minutes ago, janpharma said:

Many years ago when I arrived with a late flight I took a taxi at Suwarnapoom to take me to Isaan.   As it became dark I was really surprised of the more and more Karaoke-bars that lighted up near the road...The closer we came, the more bars... Later I was told by an Isaan woman: "Everybody here is involved"...So let this confirm your statement...

Confirm What thats there lots of karaoke bars by the road. From bkk to what part of issan? I must have missed them all.

A silly question needs a silly answer. I imagine those towns and villages surrounding the Vatican are the most adulterous. You know the Italians don't you? It's like a hobby for them.

I also imagine if human beings have a free and pure child like mind there wouldn't be any adultery problem would there? Then I will say to you when you come to my house to fetch my wife, "Make sure she enjoy herself tonight ok?"

Adultery is the failure of human ability to come to terms with themselves, so much jealousy, hatre and a small mind. Your mind if it is big it encompasses the whole universe and you can experience the ultimate truth.

I know a district in south west of Tibet which is part of China, it's called "Lake of Lugu" where a married woman willing to sleep with you is not considered adultery. Please Google "Lake of Lugu, walking marriage an old tradition in China". Even today it is still going on, during the communist took over after 1949 the communist government stop them doing it for sometime but later the communist government gave up because those villagers are so used to this form of free love. I called it "True love which is free of jealousy and hatre".

Adultery in Isaan like everywhere else is the problem of the mind. A mind limited by culture, tradition, religion, moral and all the shortcomings of a very limited and restricted mind.

In my area of Isaan there is an average of at least one '24 hour love hotel' every 3 km on the main rods between towns (12 in the 30 km stretch between my town and Mahasarakham; 10 in the 30 km stretch to the outskirts of Khon Kaen; and so on). I can't correlate the number of love hotels with adultery, but they all manage to stay in business. At least 50% of my wife's married friends (whether male or female) admit to having a current gik.

It seems pretty adulteress to me, but maybe it is the norm all around Thailand.

On 2017/5/4 at 0:40 AM, akirasan said:

I think Bangkok is worse than Isaan, plus the women seem crazier there too.  

I would think the stress of living in Bangkok has something to do with it. To relief the tension you need someone to put the fingers in the right place for a starter.

54 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

In my area of Isaan there is an average of at least one '24 hour love hotel' every 3 km on the main rods between towns (12 in the 30 km stretch between my town and Mahasarakham; 10 in the 30 km stretch to the outskirts of Khon Kaen; and so on). I can't correlate the number of love hotels with adultery, but they all manage to stay in business. At least 50% of my wife's married friends (whether male or female) admit to having a current gik.

It seems pretty adulteress to me, but maybe it is the norm all around Thailand.

Your distance on these love hotels is rather vague, can you get one of these and report back 

s-l500[1].jpg

I happen to be well informed about Issan and Pattaya. I still have a condo in Jomtien and actually live in Issan. Issan cannot hold a candle to Pattaya as far as available ladies for sex. Yes, you can find it here but you will be disappointed because the cost of female services is much higher here than in Pattaya. I suppose the competition in Pattaya is much keener. Pay for play is available regardless of where you go. 

On 5/3/2017 at 2:08 PM, MrNeilThai said:

Issan is  a region it is not a province. It is actually made up of many provinces. There is no way to know if there is  more adultery in Issan compared to any other part of Thailand. It might seem adulterous to you b/c  you are not Thai and the Thai women who marry western men tend to come from Issan. So you would have some knowledge of adultery in Issan. 

What is your knowledge of adultery in the the eastern, central, western, or southern regions? Any data on that. How would anyone know?

Don't you mean the Thai women who work in bars often come from Issan.  I live in the South, and maybe 1/3 of the bar girls come from Isaan.Granted, sometimes the girls like to go somewhere far enough away from their home province, but it seems many girls in Phuket, Samui, Bangkok and Pattaya come from Issan. Similarly, in the PI many of the bargirls come from Samar. The common denominator see is rural poverty in Samar and rural poverty in Issan. Anyone see a similar phenomenon?

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Mine is!
What's wrong with marrying a bar girl?

I believe the problem to be in the eye of the beholder. It seems many men who marry bar girls make-up stories which state the wives came from a different background.  A bar girl who actually loves her man can be a wonderful wife, but it is difficult to accept when many of the men in the room already know her.

The major problem with some bar girls is that they start to think of themselves as a commodity for sale to the highest bidder. If a woman will do you for money, she will probably do someone else for money. It seems that many of them treat their husbands as little more than long-term customers.  Now, that is not always the case, but it appears to be all too often.

We all know the tales of woe--gambler who mortgages your home and vehicles, substance dependent junkie who will do anything for another high, constant sad tales of sick or needy family, brother who is really a boyfriend, etc., ad infinitum. Think of the women in those stories; from my perspective, most of those women came for the bars.  

If you understand the Thai sex industry that is for the benefits of Thai males, then you'll understand that Isaan doesn't stand out anymore than any other region of Thailand, with maybe the exception of the deep South.  

I do and responded to a stupid question with an equally stupid answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of you probably remember the old joke. A guy propositions a lovely lass. She absolutely turns him down until his offer goes up to $5,000 dollars. She considers and says maybe. He then says that we have established that you would and now we have to negotiate the actual price.

It's a good thing I wasn't born a lovely woman. My family would not have wanted a prostitute in the family. All your life, you have been a whore because you worked for money. Is there really a difference in what kind of a job you did?

Archived