5 years here,but this has left me stunned

Okay,my girlfriend begs me to go on holiday[been with her a year,she has 2 kids girl 9,boy 13,very polite kids],as i have just finished renovating the top storey of her house,i think to myself if i go too i end up paying for everything,so i book a nice 2 bed apt for her and the kids in Phuket,give her her monthly allowance,money for the hotel,and a bit extra. i tell her to call me when she gets to the hotel,i get a text at 11.30; "At hotel ,but not one you booked,taxi driver tell me to far out from Patong,bring me other hotel"  ,i was speechless for some time. Now this booking is through a company i use,for booking hotels so no charge until you get there and no cancelation fee,they do however hold your credit card details. So i call her, "other hotel to far taxi driver say take me this one in middle of Patong"  because he obviously gets a commision ,i look up the hotel,so her and the kids are crammed in a room with one double bed,and the hotel has no pool,i ask her if she called the other place to cancel,no she says ,so now they will charge me 12,000 baht for a no show,,"this hotel only 6,000" she tells me,trying not to go ballistic i tell her i will have to pay the 12,000,for her no show,to say there was steam coming out my ears ,well it was more like Molten lava,i told her i will deduct 12,000 plus the 6,000 the dim witted tight wad has saved from next months allowance,if indeed i give her one at all.After 5 years and my ex Thai wife doing some stupid things,i thought i had seen it all,but this has actually left me stunned,at it's complete and utter idiocy. Thoughts Gentlemen please.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

That's okay Buddy i am thinking the same thing,trouble is she is smoking hot.

Bin her.............there are thousands of "smoking hot" ones out there without baggage and half a brain :thumbsup:

Get rid of the stupid <deleted>. Her I.Q. is zero..she has just confirmed that.....thousands of other "smoking hot" ones out there...possibly ranging from an I.Q. of 1 to 100...but then anything would be an improvement .....:coffee1:

So you were not accompanying her?

Why even pay in advance your 5 years in and you don't have the foresight to recognise where simple errors can occur. Better off just giving her the cash and letting her handle it. She has two kids in tow and a blagger taxi driver to contend with and your now giving her two barrels on what's supposed to be a holiday. Good work lad.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

So keep thinking with your dxck and not your head.There are other smoking girls out there that do not have kids and may have a little more in the brains department.

3 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Doubt it.

A rush to judgement is a rush indeed for some people. Not everyone is perfect and (Thai) women are not disposable.

Don't waste your time lad this is a topic specifically for the burnt out brigade to yank each others tail instead of taking responsibility for their own decisions. 

Okay, let me get this straight.  YOU picked out what YOU thought would be a comfortable 2 bedroom apartment for her and the kids, but no doubt she didn't have a clue that you would be charged for the full amount for the no show, and if so, she probably could care less since that wasn't coming out of HER money that you gave her to spend on the trip.  A grass mat under a tree would have suited her and the kids just fine if she thought she could save herself 6000 baht, so the story about the taxi driver was all bogus and it was probably her idea to stay at the cheaper place and pocket the difference.  And, if you will be deducting the 12T plus the 6T from next month's allowance, then that means you're giving her at least 18T a month which is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to begin with.  Any girl that gets that much money thrown her way each month has no idea of the value of UNEARNED money, so what other kind of behavior could you possibly expect. Any relationship that is based on companionship for hire by allowance is destined to failure.  Unfortunately, we expats have been brainwashed into believing that this is the way relationships are supposed to function between falangs and Thais, and that is simply not always the truth. 

3 hours ago, thaifoodruns said:

Mistake 1. Never date women with kids from other men

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe he's not into katoys......that's about all that's left?

I don't agree that she's a bad woman and you should leave her. It's just a Thai logic.

Thai driver refused to driver her to her hotel, so she agreed and nobody lost their face. No arguing. No problem.

And this hotel is only 6000 Baht, so she is saving you money. And trying to make you happy. But she can't probably see too far, that you're have to pay another hotel too. Just thai logic and maybe limited mental capacity.

You could get married 10 times again and at the end you would end up with girl, that would be using same logic anyway.

I found, that best strategy is to give her money every Sunday, so she can buy food and stuff for home. I don't even ask what she's doing with that money as far as I have food every evening at the table. I don't wanna go mental every week over what she done with that money. That she saw weird mushroom in jungle and it told her that she have to bet XXXX Baht at some number in Thai lottery. She just get money every Sunday and her responsibility is to buy food etc.

And everything else I handle myself. Or her with me behind her back. I would not even let her go book hotel, go to bank or pay insurance on motocycle. Because she's thai, she would be dealing with thai and by using their logic I would get <deleted> big time everytime. She wouldn't buy 10 000 Baht insurance for 1 year, she would buy 30 000 baht insurance for 2 years. Because seller told her so. And buying in bulk is always cheaper! Thai logic.

And that's basically what you have done. You let her go alone and make decisions. Enjoy consequences!

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

What ? Over 30 and after two kids ? Plenty more fish in the sea. No kids, droopy boobs or stretch marks and the chance of some intelligence..

Next time book the hotels shuttle service to bring her to the hotel. You have to do the thinking for her. Smoking hot and you let her go on ' holiday alone with the kids ' while you stayed with grandma ?? Sure this is not as Tump would say 'Fake News' ?

46 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't waste your time lad this is a topic specifically for the burnt out brigade to yank each others tail instead of taking responsibility for their own decisions. 

So true.  Some guys pick the wrong women over and over again, then come on TV to complain about it.  Personal responsibility?  Forget about it.  They never learn.  How some of these guys make it to adulthood is beyond me. 

i dont know the full story.. since we are only hearing from your point of view what happened....

but if accurate she fell for a pretty stupid trick that has been around forever... also i am not sure why you just didn't tell her to leave the hotel and grab a different taxi to the hotel you booked.

As an aside, if the company you use for booking hotels is the one I suspect it to be (Netherlands-based), a word to the wise. You no doubt get asked for your feedback. Fine, if it's what they hope to see. If a criticism, as my recent feedback was (and an earlier Vietnam one), given the grossly ludicrous misrepresentation of the condo we had booked in Na Jomtien, it won't see the light of day, nor that of future bookers' eyes.

It was, though, one of their non-deposit properties, so they were paid only for the two days we stayed before moving out.

4 hours ago, thaifoodruns said:

Mistake 1. Never date women with kids from other men

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Never date idiots. The woman is a complete idiot and why is she holidaying without him?

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

Give the girl a break. It is the jerk taxi driver that is the problem. Why is it that this jerks actions seem acceptable/status quo?? 

Every Thai knows a lot of drivers are no good and will lie Anyway it's a funny story.

Archived