5 years here,but this has left me stunned

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Its a good job she does not read TV, and the things you have said about her,

or you could wake up one morning and realise she has fed your cock to the

ducks,

You sent her off on a holiday,with her kids ,most likely with the barest of

instructions,she's there 2 kids jumping about,taxi driver says hotel too far,

because he wants to take her to hotel where he gets commision,what's she

to do,in a strange place,takes the easiest way out,goes to taxi driver hotel.

Just as much your fault as hers,but you're too smart to realise that,put all

the blame on her,cut her allowance, too many here look on Thai women as

chattels,a bit of respect would go along way.

regards worgeordie

Point taken,i have had time to reflect on the matter and agree with your points,have called and apologised for going off on one,as much my fault as hers.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Point taken,i have had time to reflect on the matter and agree with your points,have called and apologised for going off on one,as much my fault as hers.

I feel fell pity for you OP. What a man !

Well thanks for all the responses,as you see i have answered a couple of posts above ,admiting i am probably to blame for this ,when i wrote the op i was actually quite angry,i do have somewhat of a short fuse,something i am trying to work hard on to stop. Just to clear up a couple of points,the hotel was booked for 5 nights for 12,000, there is no cancellation fee,but there is of course a fee for a no show,however as several posters have pointed out i did not explain this to her,as a regular traveller myself,i guess i just presumed she would know,my fault.  The reason i did not go was yes i did not want to pay for everything,but i am dealing with other matters,such as the builders finishing off her house,amongst other things which i need not to go into here,and i am certainley not screwing another girl,as one poster suggested. Anyway i have called her told her not to worry and enjoy herself. On another point which i have had many arguments before on Tv,the   allowance,now when i lived in Australia i would give my wife about $700 out of my take home pay each week,this was for food bills ,the kids and money for herself,so how does this differ here that i support my girl and her family,were i live jobs are not easy to come by and i do not want her working in the feilds for 300 bht a day. Therefore i support her because i am lucky enough to be in a position to do so,and i would be a mean piece of work if i did indeed deduct money from next month,over  simple mistake,after a long day on the bus from Wichianburi to Bangkok,then getting to the airport the flight ect,ect. If i haave lerned anything from this is it would have been far better to 1;let her choose the hotel in the first place,  2; to not have called in anger when she texted me about what had happened and  3; i should have gone with her.  Thanks to all who replied it has certainley helped me put this all in perspective.

54 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Have you checked if the 12k was actually deducted? When you realized what had happened did you contact the condo mob and explain?

Edit. Reason for asking. I have found nearly all accomodation in Thailand to be reasonable as long as you let them know what is going on.

7 minutes ago, sipi said:

Have you checked if the 12k was actually deducted? When you realized what had happened did you contact the condo mob and explain?

I did Sipi, i have recieved a e mail from the booking company but no actual conformation as yet maybe i will get away with it,but i doubt it,will have to check my cc online,but i cannot remember if i e mailed the hotel that night or the next day,but usually you have to cancel 24 hours before,see what happens.

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

Thanks,i have calmed down,i called her and said okay she made a mistake,we can all do that when travelling,not to worry and have a good time,reason i did not go as i am busy dealing with other matters at present.She is not a bad person,or an ex bar girl,niether is she brainless,just a bit ditzy. As other posters have said 12,000 baht is nothing,and upon reflection,no i did not consult her on where she wanted to stay and no i did not tell her i would be charged if she was a no show, so i guess i am at fault here as well,and i fully admit that,i am not going to make a big deal out of it,she is too good a girl to ditch cos of a as champers says misunderstanding.

OP ....   she didn't make the mistake ......   you did  

You cannot blame her.  Think about it  ...  you booked a hotel and it may be far from town  ?   it wasn't her choice of location or hotel anyway so do you think thats fair as it's only your choice and not hers and you aren't the one staying there.

She finds something more suitable and shes fine with it ....  it's not her fault you cannot get a refund of the 12k ...  thats your dumb choice of booking agents.

You should have let her go there and choose a place that suits then you send the $$ to pay ....  

The Smoking  hot ones are very expensive, very unfaithful , normally brainless , and in most cases not the best sex , never stop taking photos of themselves, lazy  and not good company , but some are the exception but not many.

Sorry mate, but after 5 years you should learn - Thais are never ever wrong. She has no clue about the hotel you booked, the amenities, the costs, even the actual venue. But the taxi driver, obviously on commission is Thai. So he's bound to know much better than stupid farang about everything. And your gf will no doubt of thanked him for being so helpful, bringing them to a much better place than silly farang picked, and even "saved" some money. Bet she gave him a good tip too!

Used to amaze me that when my wife, a well qualified experienced school teacher, first went to live in the UK she'd accept the versions of somethings given my Thais already living there over what I'd explained. Even though she knew they were ex whores. But they were Thai - and Thais are always right, never lie, never bullshit and know everything about everything. 

It's the way it is.

2 hours ago, merlen10002 said:

The Smoking  hot ones are very expensive, very unfaithful , normally brainless , and in most cases not the best sex , never stop taking photos of themselves, lazy  and not good company , but some are the exception but not many.

High maintance is the term. Not worth more than 1 night.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

What a wonderful example of irony.

You should congratulate yourself!

Do you really think teachers are smart? The scores needed to study education are low. They live in a world of books and usually have no common sense or world experience.

And now you married one.

Just now, Sectional said:

Do you really think teachers are smart? The scores needed to study education are low. They live in a world of books and usually have no common sense or world experience.

And now you married one.

Interesting that you think so low of the education profession - perhaps you missed out on their services?

Indeed - but I find selecting the right marriage partner isn't the same as interviewing them for a job, has little to do with their career as personalities vary massively in most careers, and I must concede, I don't have your apparent experience with one night professional ladies.

dont pay someone to be your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend.

after almost 20 years here i can confirm from experience that you can find an educated, employed in a decent occupation, normal thinking, non-money motivated, english speaking girlfriend without too much effort.

why westerners hook up with low class, low educated, money grabbing local women continually baffles me (OP i'm not saying your lady is low educated or low class, though her behaviour indicates this may be the case)

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What a wonderful example of irony.

You should congratulate yourself!

7 minutes ago, Sectional said:

And now you married one.

yea, a degree plus a PGCE is a sure sign of stupidity.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Well thanks for all the responses,as you see i have answered a couple of posts above ,admiting i am probably to blame for this ,when i wrote the op i was actually quite angry,i do have somewhat of a short fuse,something i am trying to work hard on to stop. Just to clear up a couple of points,the hotel was booked for 5 nights for 12,000, there is no cancellation fee,but there is of course a fee for a no show,however as several posters have pointed out i did not explain this to her,as a regular traveller myself,i guess i just presumed she would know,my fault.  The reason i did not go was yes i did not want to pay for everything,but i am dealing with other matters,such as the builders finishing off her house,amongst other things which i need not to go into here,and i am certainley not screwing another girl,as one poster suggested. Anyway i have called her told her not to worry and enjoy herself. On another point which i have had many arguments before on Tv,the   allowance,now when i lived in Australia i would give my wife about $700 out of my take home pay each week,this was for food bills ,the kids and money for herself,so how does this differ here that i support my girl and her family,were i live jobs are not easy to come by and i do not want her working in the feilds for 300 bht a day. Therefore i support her because i am lucky enough to be in a position to do so,and i would be a mean piece of work if i did indeed deduct money from next month,over  simple mistake,after a long day on the bus from Wichianburi to Bangkok,then getting to the airport the flight ect,ect. If i haave lerned anything from this is it would have been far better to 1;let her choose the hotel in the first place,  2; to not have called in anger when she texted me about what had happened and  3; i should have gone with her.  Thanks to all who replied it has certainley helped me put this all in perspective.

I was having a go at your expense in my response.  But this response ^ above sounds more like you, reasoned, rational.   I am very empathetic to your OP though.  I do Face Palms here quite often.  I get it.  Glad you've calmed down and worked through it.  Cheers. 

Just now, samsensam said:

yea, a degree plus a PGCE is a sure sign of stupidity.

Millions of stupid people have degrees. It's a cut and paste degree to do education.

One of the easiest degrees to get into and get.

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting that you think so low of the education profession - perhaps you missed out on their services?

Indeed - but I find selecting the right marriage partner isn't the same as interviewing them for a job, has little to do with their career as personalities vary massively in most careers, and I must concede, I don't have your apparent experience with one night professional ladies.

You obviously never studied anything. Education degrees are amongst the easy ones along with communication degrees. Know plenty of teachers. A lot are pot or pissheads.

Any muppet could get one.

Just now, Sectional said:

You obviously never studied anything. Education degrees are amongst the easy ones along with communication degrees. Know plenty of teachers. A lot are pot or pissheads.

Any muppet could get one.

Any muppet - so do you have one?

I'll put my degrees, chartered professional qualifications and honorariums against yours if you like? None are in education btw; although why you think they are easier, who knows? How many have you got?

I can probably piss higher too,

Teachers - some are inspirational, some are excellent, some average, some poor and some shouldn't be teaching. 

As for you knowing a lot of pissheads - probably speaks volumes.

28 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Any muppet - so do you have one?

I'll put my degrees, chartered professional qualifications and honorariums against yours if you like? None are in education btw; although why you think they are easier, who knows? How many have you got?

I can probably piss higher too,

Teachers - some are inspirational, some are excellent, some average, some poor and some shouldn't be teaching. 

As for you knowing a lot of pissheads - probably speaks volumes.

You have a masters do you?

1 minute ago, Sectional said:

You have a masters do you?

Yes.

All gained through part-time study whilst working full time. Left school at 16 to support family.

Never confuse education and intelligence - or stereotype people.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Yes.

All gained through part-time study whilst working full time. Left school at 16 to support family.

Never confuse education and intelligence - or stereotype people.

Sterotype? You just did with the Thais. I had a friend who dropped out of school at 15 to play football. He was smarter than a lot of people I've met with masters. I know this Chinese guy with all top marks in a masters in applied finance and mathematics. Is he smart? Nope. Average at best. Just a nerd who studied a lot.

Given that someone with average intelligence can earn a masters how smart does one have to be to study a much easier degree like education?

On the grand scheme of things with some of the problems that many people have to deal with, this is really nothing. I am stunned that after 5 years you are stunned. I am not sure who has led the more sheltered life, you or your girl friend.

Normally people get rid of their girl friends because they spend much more money than you want, not for trying to save you money.

2 hours ago, Sectional said:

Sterotype? You just did with the Thais. I had a friend who dropped out of school at 15 to play football. He was smarter than a lot of people I've met with masters. I know this Chinese guy with all top marks in a masters in applied finance and mathematics. Is he smart? Nope. Average at best. Just a nerd who studied a lot.

Given that someone with average intelligence can earn a masters how smart does one have to be to study a much easier degree like education?

Well every one told me I was above average intelligence but there was no way I would have done a masters. Just a degree with no honours. You think a teaching degree is easy, what about the ones that do Arts or Hospitality. Looks like another snotty nose commentator full of him/herself.

But I must agree teachers (at least in oz) are different people, including the ones in my family and a wife. I would go to parties and you could pick them from the way the dressed and the way they talked, but still good people.

Don't close it, just make the two dudes go into a separate room to brag about education levels.     I'm glad op cleared up most issues.   And if you figure out how to lengthen your fuse, please enlighten me.

Still one question.  It's probably the cabbies fault but why paton.    ?

8 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Charlie or any other mod that is out there,i think the discussion here has ran it's course and seems to be plumeting rapidly into a slagging match could i please request the op closed.

I hope you found your answers among the haystack and if true fair play for having the bottle to admit to some mishaps and seek some guidance. 

I admit I'm a bit quick to anger.   A couple examples:. With a Thai gal.  We go go into our toilets and the 3 men stalls are full.  I finally finish and come out to wait for her like a good American bloke.  5, 10 mins pass and I see women going in and then out so finally I walk around the corner to see her near the car all alone in a parking lot.   I planned to stay calm as I walked across the parking lot to her, but I end up raising my voice as I tell her the way it's supposed to be.  #2.  Nice early evening of Sex.  We both had a heniken before and I mixed up an excellent gin and tonic and brought her  #2 hinny.   After sex and a bit of clean up I'm looking forward to her warm appreciative snuggle and the last 2/3 rds of my G&T.  As she comes bedside tshe for some reason pours half her hinney in my G&T.   W T F.   I admit I mildly Kind of lost it.   My expectations were shattered.  She assumed I had beer on ice??? Which is never done in America.    My only defense is that I imagine my over reactions were valued in  the recent evolutionary past.  

Archived