BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Foreign Man Dies At Pattaya's 'Thai Sky Adventures'

Foreign Man Dies At Pattaya's 'Thai Sky Adventures'

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

PATTAYA — A foreign man fell to his death while skydiving Thursday afternoon, police said.

The 60-year-old man, who has yet to be identified, fell to his death from a plane belonging to Thai Sky Adventures in Pattaya, an outfit that has had at least one brush with danger in recent years.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/05/04/foreign-man-dies-pattayas-thai-sky-adventures/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-4

That jumpmaster probably saved their lives when he popped their drouge chute.

Very confusing article. I wasn't sure if I was reading a report on an incident or a skydiving brochure. 

Not a very good advert for the business. Can we presume the deceased wasn't hitched up to a safety line or an instructor? How could that happen? RIP.

Note to oneself. Only pay on completion. Might help them remember to be more thorough looking after their clients!

Now being reported by UK press.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3481321/thailand-skydiving-pensioner-death-james-mcconnell/

A BRITISH tourist has died in a horror skydiving accident after plunging into a reservoir.

James McConnell, 69, had been on holiday with family in Pattaya, Thailand, when he visited the skydiving centre today.

He leapt from a plane and landed in nearby water – missing the airstrip at the Thai Sky Adventures airbase.

Rescuers arrived at the scene and battled to save the pensioner from Dunctocher, Scotland, but he was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital.

RIP

Scottish skydiver dies in horror accident in Thailand after he overshoots his landing spot

Great-grandfather James missed the airstrip at the Thai Sky Adventures airbase and plunged into a reservoir.

BY SALLY HIND

A Scot died in a horror skydiving accident after plunging into a reservoir.

James McConnell, 69, from Clydebank, had been living in Thailand and regularly visited the skydiving centre.

The experienced skydiver jumped from a plane yesterday and landed in nearby water – missing the airstrip at the Thai Sky Adventures airbase.

Full story: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-skydiver-dies-horror-accident-10356964

-- Daily Record 2017-05-05

Fell to his death or landed in a reservoir and drowned ? Rather poor reporting here, though I guess the end result is similar. R.I.P. Jimmy.

I am often puzzled why so many people deliberately put their life in danger in search of 'adventure'. Not very considerate if they have family they leave behind to cope with the consequences of failure. I can only guess that they consider life as it is is too boring.

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I am often puzzled why so many people deliberately put their life in danger in search of 'adventure'. Not very considerate if they have family they leave behind to cope with the consequences of failure. I can only guess that they consider life as it is is too boring.

Adrenaline 

Very addictive 

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly what I am thinking ! People life is driven by advertising and marketing, they all think that they want to do this kind of shiiite dangerous activity. Then they get what they are looking for.

And what a great responsible owner ! He should be Thai !

Reached for comment at about 3pm, Harry Harrison, a British owner of Thai Sky Adventures, said he was unaware of the incident.
“No comment. Bye!” he said before terminating the call.

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Driving a car is far more dangerous, particularly in this country,  and oftentimes it's not even essential - yet people happily take on that level of risk on a daily basis when they don't need to.

It puzzles me why people WOULDN'T take part in an activity that's safer and much more enjoyable!