Hunt on for woman who brought starfish to the surface

webfact

3 hours ago, madusa said:

Hi there ,You seem to have quite a wide knowledge of unusual things. Let's for one moment forget about movie stars, movie stars can be quite nasty people in real life, they spend their whole life pretending to be someone else to make money.

I would like to run a special kind of homestay in Thailand. In my advertising I emphasis that we are a cultural sort homestay, because I make ancient musical instrument(wood mainly) and if my guests are interested they will enjoy staying. I made American Indian flute, Old ancient Greek violin like instrument Lyra Pontian. I will fill the house with antique musical instruments. Other things like making Japanese straw sandals are also available for guests to watch.

With your wide knowledge do you think it would work? It will not be an commercial establishhment but it has to make enough to keep it going at a good standard, that is place properly run, clean and with very little plastic things around (disgusting things plastic). Guests will be informed because we are more on cultural so some comfort be not forthcoming like other establishment, so you don't sleep on bed sheet with floral designs just plain bed sheet. And the good thing is  the owner will cook dinner for you and have dinner together. So it will only have about 3 or 4 rooms can't cook for large number of people if you want good foods. Large production of food is rubbish.

I think that with the correct allowances, such as permits and other legal requirements, that you have a great chance of bringing something unusual to Thailand. The main attraction would be that it is not a commercial enterprise, but one of home type ambience.'Home' being the attractive word Your talent for making instruments is a great plus. I have always wanted a shamizen(not sure of the spelling) the instrument played by Geisha's in the houses of Gishon and the like. Plus you offer the opportunity of having few guests, enough for people to sit round and eat with the owner, so there would be no room for the cold atmosphere of being made to feel like just a 'stayer'.Of course the ability to cook is always an advantage and home made local food is always a plus.Maybe an expedition to try and uncover some Thai wines that are palatable, would also be a great help.Now, you have to think of a place for this enterprise. I think that seaside resorts, such as Pattaya, or Phuket, would not be suitable.I would venture further North, say Khon Kaen, Nongkai,. Where i live, there is a fantastic dam, a real feat of engineering, its huge, and it has many tourists. Around the Dam is a township that has a delightful arrangement of simple resorts and many of them are on the lake.There are also some very quaint eating houses and even a karaoake where the Thai ladies can go and belt out a song or two.I would point out, that there are no bars, which can be a Gods send I feel that a place such as yours would fit in there, as an unusual place of peace, coupled with the feeling of well being,and not having to be rushed.

I wish you luck in your enterprise and please contact me if you decide to go through with it. My wife and i would be among your first customers.

Good luck

KKD

15 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I think that with the correct allowances, such as permits and other legal requirements, that you have a great chance of bringing something unusual to Thailand. The main attraction would be that it is not a commercial enterprise, but one of home type ambience.'Home' being the attractive word Your talent for making instruments is a great plus. I have always wanted a shamizen(not sure of the spelling) the instrument played by Geisha's in the houses of Gishon and the like. Plus you offer the opportunity of having few guests, enough for people to sit round and eat with the owner, so there would be no room for the cold atmosphere of being made to feel like just a 'stayer'.Of course the ability to cook is always an advantage and home made local food is always a plus.Maybe an expedition to try and uncover some Thai wines that are palatable, would also be a great help.Now, you have to think of a place for this enterprise. I think that seaside resorts, such as Pattaya, or Phuket, would not be suitable.I would venture further North, say Khon Kaen, Nongkai,. Where i live, there is a fantastic dam, a real feat of engineering, its huge, and it has many tourists. Around the Dam is a township that has a delightful arrangement of simple resorts and many of them are on the lake.There are also some very quaint eating houses and even a karaoake where the Thai ladies can go and belt out a song or two.I would point out, that there are no bars, which can be a Gods send I feel that a place such as yours would fit in there, as an unusual place of peace, coupled with the feeling of well being,and not having to be rushed.

I wish you luck in your enterprise and please contact me if you decide to go through with it. My wife and i would be among your first customers.

Good luck

KKD

The big problem is I am looking for some Thai who is interested in this venture (better if he or she makes art objects or musical instruments). I don't have the capital to start this venture. In the initial stage you will feel the drag( as if nothing is happening, a couple of guests come and go ) that is before you get noticed or your advertising takes effect. I need a Thai to be the partner because of all the official paper works and you know the brown little envelope thing. I once went to a country and I asked one of the local guy, "Is there a lot of corruption in this country?", Guess what he said?, He said, "what do you mean corruption, it is an institution in this country, a way of doing things you know." We had a good laugh.

I don't look for big pay, if ask to be one of the partner I could put in very small amount. Cooking is not a problem for me. Been cooking for years, even make sourdough bread., Yes, you are right, make a trip to wine making places would be a good idea. That is part of culture. Of course guests also get to be introduced to other Art Centres of Thais. So it is not going to be a boring run of the mill type of tours or activities.

Guests would be subtlely informed that this is a cultural trip if no real interest in arts it would not be so interesting.

5 minutes ago, madusa said:

The big problem is I am looking for some Thai who is interested in this venture (better if he or she makes art objects or musical instruments). I don't have the capital to start this venture. In the initial stage you will feel the drag( as if nothing is happening, a couple of guests come and go ) that is before you get noticed or your advertising takes effect. I need a Thai to be the partner because of all the official paper works and you know the brown little envelope thing. I once went to a country and I asked one of the local guy, "Is there a lot of corruption in this country?", Guess what he said?, He said, "what do you mean corruption, it is an institution in this country, a way of doing things you know." We had a good laugh.

I don't look for big pay, if ask to be one of the partner I could put in very small amount. Cooking is not a problem for me. Been cooking for years, even make sourdough bread., Yes, you are right, make a trip to wine making places would be a good idea. That is part of culture. Of course guests also get to be introduced to other Art Centres of Thais. So it is not going to be a boring run of the mill type of tours or activities.

Guests would be subtlely informed that this is a cultural trip if no real interest in arts it would not be so interesting.

I think that a Thai partner would suite admirably, but there is the question of trust.Before entering into any financial venture with a Thai, you must first know him/her and be able to trust them implicitly. Not an easy task here i think.

Your venture would have more validity if there was a Thai partner, but to find one, you should not look anywhere other than where you want to establish your place. The Thais, by their very nature are a lazy race and the very idea of them having to exert the selves, even for self gain is abhorrent to them.I think that all your ideas are good and with the right person around you, its a goer.

Just be careful who you put your trust in.

15 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I think that a Thai partner would suite admirably, but there is the question of trust.Before entering into any financial venture with a Thai, you must first know him/her and be able to trust them implicitly. Not an easy task here i think.

Your venture would have more validity if there was a Thai partner, but to find one, you should not look anywhere other than where you want to establish your place. The Thais, by their very nature are a lazy race and the very idea of them having to exert the selves, even for self gain is abhorrent to them.I think that all your ideas are good and with the right person around you, its a goer.

Just be careful who you put your trust in.

I guess you miss something here. I wouldn't be a big partner, so if I lost any money it would be small not because I don't want to take the risk, I don't have that sort of capital to tell the truth.

If my partner runs the Art Crafts Homestay does it in his own home then it would save him a lot of money. Anyway he or she should be quite well off to do something like this because it is not going to make big money. But you do get a lot of satisfaction when you see the Homestay place fully booked up for most part of the year.

Yes you are right Thais wouldn't exert themselves even when they see the money. They do take things easy, sometimes they give me the feeling that nothing interest them, just sitting around drinking beer or coffee and talking and talking is what they like to do best.

I like best to sit around with coffee and friends after a hard day's work that would be nice, but not whole bloody day,. I couldn't figure out how they do it. Dont' they feel bored? What is there so much to talk about anyway.?

6 minutes ago, madusa said:

I guess you miss something here. I wouldn't be a big partner, so if I lost any money it would be small not because I don't want to take the risk, I don't have that sort of capital to tell the truth.

If my partner runs the Art Crafts Homestay does it in his own home then it would save him a lot of money. Anyway he or she should be quite well off to do something like this because it is not going to make big money. But you do get a lot of satisfaction when you see the Homestay place fully booked up for most part of the year.

Yes you are right Thais wouldn't exert themselves even when they see the money. They do take things easy, sometimes they give me the feeling that nothing interest them, just sitting around drinking beer or coffee and talking and talking is what they like to do best.

I like best to sit around with coffee and friends after a hard day's work that would be nice, but not whole bloody day,. I couldn't figure out how they do it. Dont' they feel bored? What is there so much to talk about anyway.?

Eating, sleeping, more eating and what they are going to eat tomorrow. That's about the extent of their abilities.

Archived