fig growing in LOS

What spacing between fig plants do you guys recommend? 

I have a single row growing at the moment, but, I've only left 1m spacing between my small to medium-sized plants, which I now suspect is way too close. 

17 hours ago, djayz said:

What spacing between fig plants do you guys recommend? 

I have a single row growing at the moment, but, I've only left 1m spacing between my small to medium-sized plants, which I now suspect is way too close. 

Figs trees that I planted three years ago at 5 metre distance are now touching. You can always prune of course.

They don't seem to transplant easily, so make the decision before they get too big.

12 minutes ago, cooked said:

Figs trees that I planted three years ago at 5 metre distance are now touching. You can always prune of course.

They don't seem to transplant easily, so make the decision before they get too big.

Thanks for the info... That's pretty much confirms what I've gleaned on the net... Not looking forward to digging up 10 or so trees and replanting them... Lol

• 2 months later...

Does anybody here have any fig cuttings for sale/trade? I already have the following so I'm not interested in these:

Hardy Chicago

Conadria

Ficus carica dolmades 

Japanese BTM 6

King fig

Sultane

Black/white Genoa 

Brown Italian

Violette de Sollies (aka Bourjassotte noire) (would be interested in more scions of this one)

Panachee (aka Bordissot blanca rimada)

Australia 

Brooke red

Mausi Dauphine (would be interested in more scions of this one)  

Long d'Aout (would be interested in more scions of this one)

Also, I do have small plants from some of the above mentioned cultivars which I would be happy to trade for a new variety - cutting or rooted. 

Archived