no google services works anymore

alocacoc

I switched to AIS on my phone and I could access Google Play and downloaded Outlook. (previously deleted). I succeeded in loading in my Hotmail account and 1 gmail account, but try as I might I can't load any more of my gmail accounts. God knows why....It keeps telling I have a wrong password, but I know that it's correct because  I use it on my desk top.

Time for bed...

Maybe try your old passport to see if it works

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, after the "blip", and l pay the cheapy 3BB 631bht a month, my speed has gone up today, 14 download an 1.6 upload....:smile:

I agree. Certainly seems to have 'cleaned out the pipes' as it were. I am on the same el cheapo service as you and every 10 days or so, I turn the lot off, all the way and including the modem/router and thing always seem to clip along a bit faster after that. But I am sure that some nerdly sort will be along shortly to waffle about VPN, cache, DNS, pinging and traceroute gobbledygook.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I agree. Certainly seems to have 'cleaned out the pipes' as it were. I am on the same el cheapo service as you and every 10 days or so, I turn the lot off, all the way and including the modem/router and thing always seem to clip along a bit faster after that. But I am sure that some nerdly sort will be along shortly to waffle about VPN, cache, DNS, pinging and traceroute gobbledygook.

For sure....:laugh:......Actually I check it quite regular, usually around 11 and 0.7...

11 hours ago, Mobi said:

I succeeded in loading in my Hotmail account and 1 gmail account, but try as I might I can't load any more of my gmail accounts. God knows why....It keeps telling I have a wrong password, but I know that it's correct because  I use it on my desk top.

That's the problem I had all day yesterday and I had no idea that Google was "out" as others have said, mainly because Chrome was working for me.

My main problem was that I was not able to access my Gmail account via Outlook and I kept getting notifications about the wrong password and that Outlook could not connect to the server, but when I accessed my Gmail on the web, it was fine!!!!!!........... go figure. I spent many frustrating hours trying to fix this and never did get it fixed yesterday, but I couldn't sleep properly and at 5 a.m. this morning I was still thinking about it, but with a lot more clarity so I got up to work on the computer.

I eventually nailed the problem: – it would seem that the phishing/whatever scam that hit Google has made them make some changes (because I certainly didn't do it on my web Gmail account, which I really don't visit) because a setting had been changed (as I said not by me because I haven't accessed it for some time) which turns off access from other applications, and it appears that Windows is classed as one of these! Once I turned this back on, Outlook was able to send and receive from my Gmail account.

Maybe this will help others who have been unable to access their Gmail from Outlook?

That's the problem I had all day yesterday and I had no idea that Google was "out" as others have said, mainly because Chrome was working for me.

My main problem was that I was not able to access my Gmail account via Outlook and I kept getting notifications about the wrong password and that Outlook could not connect to the server, but when I accessed my Gmail on the web, it was fine!!!!!!........... go figure. I spent many frustrating hours trying to fix this and never did get it fixed yesterday, but I couldn't sleep properly and at 5 a.m. this morning I was still thinking about it, but with a lot more clarity so I got up to work on the computer.

I eventually nailed the problem: – it would seem that the phishing/whatever scam that hit Google has made them make some changes (because I certainly didn't do it on my web Gmail account, which I really don't visit) because a setting had been changed (as I said not by me because I haven't accessed it for some time) which turns off access from other applications, and it appears that Windows is classed as one of these! Once I turned this back on, Outlook was able to send and receive from my Gmail account.

Maybe this will help others who have been unable to access their Gmail from Outlook?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had the same problem accessing my gmail account through Outlook. I didn't check the settings but was able to get Outlook sending and receiving by connecting through a hotspot on my phone.

Just checked the route to google.com and it looks like back to normal.

12    31 ms    30 ms    30 ms  kul01s10-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.221.46]

30 ms is likely in Singapore and 216.58.221.46 belongs to Google Inc.

Yesterday I had Google.com at 8 ms on an IP addr. belonging to ToT.

I am on ToT fibre.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just checked the route to google.com and it looks like back to normal.

12    31 ms    30 ms    30 ms  kul01s10-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.221.46]

30 ms is likely in Singapore and 216.58.221.46 belongs to Google Inc.

Yesterday I had Google.com at 8 ms on an IP addr. belonging to ToT.

I am on ToT fibre.

They definitely are testing the gateway, so they can intercept every email or youtube you post or watch/read.

17 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

So we have 3BB to give the fickle finger of fate to. Hmm somewhere in the background in all of this I hear a government whisper saying "Testing one, two, three"

Not so sure about that because I was having problems and here we use True?

And I could get Google Chrome and I could get my web Gmail, but as I said somehow a box had been un-checked in my settings (and as I said before, I haven't visited my web mail to do this) which made it impossible to connect to Outlook.

"There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear................"

Doubtful since 3BB seems to be the only ISP affected. I'd go with a server issue as it was said earlier.

Of course this is just a 3bb issue, my point being that possibly misinstallation of a feed off of their pipe could be at play.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Couple of answers...

The VPN setting in the Opera web browser only functions for stuff you do WITHIN the Opera web browser. It does NOT affect anything you do in a different browser or outside the Opera web browser, like using some other program on your PC.

So, when 3BB gets back to normal, assuming you don't normally use Opera browser, you could just go back to using whatever browser you normally use without needing to do anything else. And your connection would be the normal one you had before.

But also, if you wanted to, you certainly could go to the VPN menu in the Opera browser and click the little ON/OFF toggle button to OFF. And then, from that point forward, the Opera browser itself would function with a direct, non-VPN connection. Until and unless you clicked the toggle switch to ON again.

PS - I should have added, all of what I just said above is about the built-in VPN function within the Opera web browser for PCs.

Separate from that, there also is an Opera VPN Android app that also provides a free VPN service. But that is normally installed from the Google Play Store, though it's probably also available from other non-Google Android app stores. And more importantly, the Opera VPN Android app covers all activity on your Android phone, not just the activity occurring inside the Opera browser. In fact, you don't even need to have the Opera browser installed on an Android phone in order to use the Opera VPN app for Android devices.

Two separate things for two different types of devices.

As one of the technically challenged, thank you very much for your two posts.

I also experienced the 3BB problems, but many of the solutions offered were, quite frankly, well above my computer intelligence level.

And a word for 3BB; I have used them for more than 10 years, on the 631 baht programme, and this is the first major incident, so I won't be changing my server.

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Not so sure about that because I was having problems and here we use True?

And I could get Google Chrome and I could get my web Gmail, but as I said somehow a box had been un-checked in my settings (and as I said before, I haven't visited my web mail to do this) which made it impossible to connect to Outlook.

"There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear................"

Expecting 3BB to be a bit more forthcoming is a waste of time. Its a loss of face as it stands now why make it worse.??

The only positive aspect of this whole sorry affair is after spending 8 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning reinstalling all my emails, passwords and apps etc., is that this is the final time anything like this will creeate any stress in my life.

After 15 years in Thailand, I'm leaving next Friday for good.....:smile:

3 minutes ago, Mobi said:

The only positive aspect of this whole sorry affair is after spending 8 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning reinstalling all my emails, passwords and apps etc., is that this is the final time anything like this will creeate any stress in my life.

After 15 years in Thailand, I'm leaving next Friday for good.....:smile:

Why you needed to reinstall emails and passwords?

Nothing got removed with the dns issue.

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Why you needed to reinstall emails and passwords?

Nothing got removed with the dns issue.

Sounds like I did the same as Mobi yesterday when searching around trying to find a solution.

In answer to your question, if one searches the Internet for reasons why Outlook cannot connect to Gmail (the server) there are many reasons and solutions given for this event, including renewing passwords, resetting the email settings for Outlook, disabling some apps and even disabling the antivirus program on your laptop and there are a few more like tracking down your .pst files and trying to repair them........... some of which is beyond a novice like me.

However I did find a solution and it was that one of the settings on my Gmail had been changed (not by me as I said, because I haven't opened it in some time) by some event, somehow, someone, somewhere and when I fixed it, all was and is, currently well.

Archived