• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jaymbkk said:

Fot those having this issue with 3BB just do this :

- Download www.bullvpn.com

- Create an account

- Install on your PC or Mobile

- Go to your account page and click on "promo code" then enter 3BBfriend and you will get 24h of free high speed VPN

- Connect to either Thailand 1 or Thailand 13

Sounds like a lot of work. Just use Opera's built-in VPN until this is sorted.

1 hour ago, manarak said:

yes... this might be the case if attackers specifically target google services to extract user data.

If it was a Google problem other isp's would be affected as well.

The fact that 3BB support is offline as well tells me enough.

Hello 

probleme accessing  several app google and specially the  font apis

( when you connect  you can see at the bottom of th page   the page that your browser try to  access  ....

I use 3BB  Windows8 and Firefox

change the DNS to public google DNS

probleme solved

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-setup-google-public-dns/

IP Addresses

Below is the DNS servers from Google for IPv4 and IPv6:

IPv4:

• Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
  • Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

IPv6:

• 2001:4860:4860::8888
  • 2001:4860:4860::8844

Just now, Chiangmai said:

Hello 

probleme accessing  several app google and specially the  font apis

( when you connect  you can see at the bottom of th page   the page that your browser try to  access  ....

change the DNS to public google DNS

probleme solved

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-setup-google-public-dns/

IP Addresses

Below is the DNS servers from Google for IPv4 and IPv6:

IPv4:

• Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

• Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

IPv6:

• 2001:4860:4860::8888

• 2001:4860:4860::8844

this did not work on my router, the DNS replies I got were false even I had these 2 google DNS servers set in my router.

3 minutes ago, trd said:

Changing to the Google public DNS solves the problem. YouTube is back.

I have Google DNS enabled all the time, and have the same problem all day.

If Youtube is back then it is because that service has been fixed, not because of the DNS.

If it solved the problem then Gmail would also be accessible.

14 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I have Google DNS enabled all the time, and have the same problem all day.

If Youtube is back then it is because that service has been fixed, not because of the DNS.

If it solved the problem then Gmail would also be accessible.

Hi 

The main problem is apparently not connected to any specific application  or service (Gmail Youtube .. )
but the the network and the routers 
IN my case there are still some slow  acces to specific  data

for example right now with thai visa  still   ''' transferrring  dat from assets.thaivisa.com '''      .....

Rgds

2 minutes ago, Chiangmai said:

Hi 

The main problem is apparently not connected to any specific application  or service (Gmail Youtube .. )
but the the network and the routers 
IN my case there are still some slow  acces to specific  data

for example right now with thai visa  still   ''' transferrring  dat from assets.thaivisa.com '''      .....

Rgds

Are you on 3BB?

There has been no problem with Thaivisa for me.

The problem is with websites that use Google apis.

This morning none of the Google services worked, since some like Google.com  have been fixed, others like Gmail and Youtube not yet.

Only users of the 3BB isp are affected. If I use a VPN all Google services work normal.

Are you on 3BB?

There has been no problem with Thaivisa for me.

The problem is with websites that use Google apis.

This morning none of the Google services worked, since some like Google.com  have been fixed, others like Gmail and Youtube not yet.

Only users of the 3BB isp are affected. If I use a VPN all Google services work normal.

Im on 3bb.Thaivisa works, but can't quote or post a reply anymore. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just now, alocacoc said:

Im on 3bb.Thaivisa works, but can't quote or post a reply anymore. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm on 3BB, Thaivisa is ok and I can quote and reply. But no email or YouTube.

55 minutes ago, deecypher said:

Sounds like a lot of work. Just use Opera's built-in VPN until this is sorted.

Installing a new browser seems to me a lot of more work - with consequences for your computer - than just installing a VPN...

Moreover, most people have Chrome installed, and they can very easily install a VPN  extension. Far less work. :wink:

29 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Nor U-tube nor Gmail for me;

I had Gmail during 3 minutes about 20, 25 minutes ago

Exactly the same for me. Managed to shoot off a quick gmail and then gone again. Also no YouTube. 3BB, Chiang Mai. Makes no difference which browser I use.

Installing a new browser seems to me a lot of more work - with consequences for your computer - than just installing a VPN...
Moreover, most people have Chrome installed, and they can very easily install a VPN  extension. Far less work. :wink:

But you can't install a VPN extension because you can't download it as Google servers are blocked. Lol.

3 minutes ago, trd said:

But you can't install a VPN extension because you can't download it as Google servers are blocked. Lol.

You should have checked before replying :wink:

Google & Chrome Webstore are OK for me :cool:, even if Gmail & YouTube are still dead.

Try: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/free proxy VPN?hl=en-US&_category=extensions

How to access gmail and Youtube, a system that really works.

1. Use a firefox browser.

2. Download the firefox the HOXX VPN proxy add on here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/hoxx-vpn-proxy/

3. Once installed, sign up and register for the service using an email other than gmail. Once completed log in and choose a country for the proxy.

4. Use the proxy, sign in to gmail or use Youtube, no problem.

If some of you have found other methods, fine.

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

How to access gmail and Youtube, a system that really works.

1. Use a firefox browser.

2. Download the firefox the HOXX VPN proxy add on here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/hoxx-vpn-proxy/

3. Once installed, sign up and register for the service using an email other than gmail. Once completed log in and choose a country for the proxy.

4. Use the proxy, sign in to gmail or use Youtube, no problem.

If some of you have found other methods, fine.

How's the speed ? With my chrome vpn extension it takes forever to load a video at 240p 

youtube.com - routing to Mountain View, California, USA is working via 3BB... but the path stops there.. maybe the 3BB network has been hacked and is attacking specific Google services and so those services have been blocked?

3bb.JPG

1 minute ago, jaymbkk said:

How's the speed ? With my chrome vpn extension it takes forever to load a video at 240p 

It`s a bit sluggish but it is a work around and better than nothing.

Also with gmail each time I close the page and want to access my gmail again, have to change back to the proxy, choose a country again and sign into gmail each time. I choose United Kingdom that works. A pain in the ass but no other options for the time being.

For anyone needing to use a VPN, downloading and installing the very lightweight Opera browser should work perfectly fine. One download, no accounts to sign up for or create, nothing to pay. Just install the browser and click a button to activate its built-in VPN. You only need to choose what country you want the VPN to use.

You don't need any Google services to download and install Opera on a PC. And when 3BB is back working again, you can just uninstall it, if you like.

http://www.opera.com/download

590dc887e4077_2017-05-0619_57_56.jpg.f4af8e69eed1db66cd8bd8f832737704.jpg

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For anyone needing to use a VPN, downloading and installing the very lightweight Opera browser should work perfectly fine. One download, no accounts to sign up for or create, nothing to pay. Just install the browser and click a button to activate its built-in VPN. You only need to choose what country you want the VPN to use.

You don't need any Google services to download and install Opera on a PC. And when 3BB is back working again, you can just uninstall it, if you like.

Seems like a good solution indeed. But once again have you tested the loading speed on YouTube ? 

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried that but gmail said it did not recognise the VPN and could not log in. The firefox method I mentioned definitely works for me. 

5 minutes ago, jaymbkk said:

Seems like a good solution indeed. But once again have you tested the loading speed on YouTube ? 

Everybody's connection is going to be different, depending on what speed 3BB plan they have, where they're located, etc.

I have 3BB and have used Opera's VPN with it in the past with no problems playing YouTube content, though probably not at HD, but at SD fine.

I haven't tried it today with the current issue, because I don't rely on 3BB's routing regardless.

Archived