no google services works anymore

alocacoc

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Everybody's connection is going to be different, depending on what speed 3BB plan they have, where they're located, etc.

I have 3BB and have used Opera's VPN with it in the past with no problems playing YouTube content, though probably not at HD, but at SD fine.

I haven't tried it today with the current issue, because I don't rely on 3BB's routing regardless.

Alright will give it a try. Thanks !

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Capture.JPG

What this says is; one of the 3BB servers has crashed and they are trying to find a solution, but at the moment they don`t have a clue how to solve the problem or how long it`s going to take before they do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Our Google come, your will be done, on gmail, Youtube as it is in heaven. Give us this day our Google back, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into VPN and deliver us from evil.'"

19 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I tried that but gmail said it did not recognise the VPN and could not log in. The firefox method I mentioned definitely works for me. 

I just opened Opera, turned on its VPN and logged into my Gmail just fine on 3BB's service.

The one thing that did happen is because the log-in was coming from a NEW Ip address, not the ones I normally use, Google when I tried to log into Gmail requested a security verification (sending an SMS code to my phone or calling or similar) to make sure it wasn't someone trying to hack into my account. But that's a normal Google response in any situation where it doesn't recognize your IP address. I entered the code, Google was happy, and Gmail worked fine.

As I should have clarified above, any decent VPN apparently is going to get around the current 3BB problem with Google. And for those who have one of those services, go ahead and use it.

But for those who may not have that kind of service already available to them, the Opera VPN built into its browser is a free, easy, low-tech solution that is safe and doesn't require any signups, accounts, payments, etc. If you can download and install the one file that is the Opera browser, then you can flip a switch in its settings and turn on its VPN. See the photo I posted above showing the settings and the one toggle switch to turn it on or off.

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

What this says is; one of the 3BB servers has crashed and they are trying to find a solution, but at the moment they don`t have a clue how to solve the problem or how long it`s going to take before they do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Our Google come, your will be done, on gmail, Youtube as it is in heaven. Give us this day our Google back, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into VPN and deliver us from evil.'"

Amen !

3 minutes ago, deecypher said:

This is real amateur hour for 3BB. Who here is considering a move to the competition?

That is, once your contracts are up...

I've been with true and AIS fibre, both absolutely awful customer service. True had service interruption at the first drop of rain and with AIS fiber is was nearly impossible to watch TV and use internet at the same time.

Sadly I think it as to do with the "Thai way" of managing things, you won't be treated better anywhere else 

Four easy steps to use the Opera Browser's built-in VPN for the technically challenged:

1. Download the Opera browser file and double click to install on your PC.

http://www.opera.com/computer

2. Double click the Opera browser icon to open the browser, and click the small 'VPN" square at the left edge of the address bar.

590dcf765957d_2017-05-0620_24_09.jpg.d05413e9ebdcc59cc22ac81297b00976.jpg

3. Once the Opera VPN menu opens, click the ON/OFF slider button to the right side to turn the VPN "ON".

590dcf7778fe9_2017-05-0620_24_32.jpg.e6b9fa610b94839eadd36a837e360ddd.jpg

4. Go down to the bottom of the VPN menu and choose what country's VPN server you want the connection to run thru. The U.S. and/or Singapore would be good choices, depending on what country content you're trying to connect to.

590dcf788a45a_2017-05-0620_24_52.jpg.f8b6b350e7dd339e6cc66271e3858979.jpg

This is real amateur hour for 3BB. Who here is considering a move to the competition?

Nah, too early to move to another isp. Let's see what happen Monday.

3bb have their web pages. They have Facebook site. They know my email address and my phone number. So, they have many ways to inform their customers. But, they keep silence. That's a shame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, deecypher said:

Frankly, this is a pretty minor disruption, given that it's not their internet service overall that's failed, but just some of their routing to Google services -- a problem that customers via VPNs can easily remedy until things are back to normal.

I've had True Online for many years in the past with their horrible customer service, and 3BB would have to go a long way and screw up far more than they have thus far for me to ever consider going back to True Online.

Even the big boys like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc have things break, go down, get hacked, etc from time to time. It's hardly a shocker that the same thing would happen here in the hinterlands. Just be glad you still have a working internet connection instead of a completely dead one.

Frankly, this is a pretty minor disruption

It depends on how long it lasts. 3bb has improved his service massively within the latest years. I'm a customer since 2008 and quite happy. Now, there must be something serious in the background.

It affects probably millions of people's.

Might not be any point switching ISP, I am getting the same problem now on AIS, it only just started. How come it started after those on 3BB? Weird.

Just tested AIS after I red your post. Works fine for me. Still...

9 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

It depends on how long it lasts. 3bb has improved his service massively within the latest years. I'm a customer since 2008 and quite happy. Now, there must be something serious in the background.

It affects probably millions of people's

Yes, but my point was, even if millions of people are affected, they can easily remedy the failure, and go on about their business, including using Google services via VPN, until things get back to normal.

If 3BB or other ISPs connections had died entirely, then having a VPN wouldn't do anyone any good regardless. You'd be cut off from the Internet entirely, which fortunately isn't the case right now.

Just spoke with a Thai person. She told me, a server at 3bb is broken and should be fixed by tomorrow. But we know how reasonable such statements are.

37 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Opera VPN working for me- just a question- does the Opera VPN have to be turned off when 3BB gets its server back for Google and I go back and use the prior way to access  gmail.

Couple of answers...

The VPN setting in the Opera web browser only functions for stuff you do WITHIN the Opera web browser. It does NOT affect anything you do in a different browser or outside the Opera web browser, like using some other program on your PC.

So, when 3BB gets back to normal, assuming you don't normally use Opera browser, you could just go back to using whatever browser you normally use without needing to do anything else. And your connection would be the normal one you had before.

But also, if you wanted to, you certainly could go to the VPN menu in the Opera browser and click the little ON/OFF toggle button to OFF. And then, from that point forward, the Opera browser itself would function with a direct, non-VPN connection. Until and unless you clicked the toggle switch to ON again.

PS - I should have added, all of what I just said above is about the built-in VPN function within the Opera web browser for PCs.

Separate from that, there also is an Opera VPN Android app that also provides a free VPN service. But that is normally installed from the Google Play Store, though it's probably also available from other non-Google Android app stores. And more importantly, the Opera VPN Android app covers all activity on your Android phone, not just the activity occurring inside the Opera browser. In fact, you don't even need to have the Opera browser installed on an Android phone in order to use the Opera VPN app for Android devices.

Two separate things for two different types of devices.

42 minutes ago, deecypher said:

I had in the past: True (left me without connection for over 2 months after which I did cancel contract and went to another provider), TOT (lot of disruptions and ridiculous speeds at random times), I think 3BB is the less painful...

Using Windows 10 or OS X El Capitan no google services without using a vpn .. Even some streaming site am having to use a vpn because of 3BB problems ..  Could the junta be doing some testing on internet security for when they turn the lights out due to protest or something .. anyway make you wonder as this has been happening since this morning for me.. 

I also was told by a Thai employee of 3 BBB that they were replacing a server and the system would be normal tomorrow.  I have been getting  You tube and/or Gmail every so often but then it goes out after a few minutes.  Definitely a 3 BBB problem as my dau has True on her phone and everything working.

I also was told by a Thai employee of 3 BBB that they were replacing a server and the system would be normal tomorrow.  I have been getting  You tube and/or Gmail every so often but then it goes out after a few minutes.  Definitely a 3 BBB problem as my dau has True on her phone and everything working.

None the less, they should do an official announcement as scb did for closing down their atm's

Archived