electricity payment leniency period?

riorobc023

56 minutes ago, riorobc023 said:

Can't do that if i haven't registered with MEA app beforehand in thailand. Registration requires my thai telephone number, and from there they will send me a confirmation code, which i cannot receive because i don't have my thai sim card. Alike i cannot access my thai bank online or make transactions because my thai phone is offline..I surely wouldn't register with my USA telephone number ( ha ha ha)

I need to register before i can pay anything, so problem not solved... Am i missing something?

Yes its called planning and preperation.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, jeab1980 said:

Dont have that problem we pay the guy who delivers our leccy bill. If we are not in he returns when next passing. If we know we are going to be away at the start of the month when he comes we tell him the month before and give him a couplevof thousand to cover the next bill always but always wevget back whats owed. Exellent system

Leccy I'm guessing means electricity but slang from what language.

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Its always been leccy used to be go feed the leccy meter. UK yorkshire always used it.

Edited by jeab1980

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

English, we call electrictricians leccys, carpenters chippys and plumbers robbing barstewards.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

English, we call electrictricians leccys, carpenters chippys and plumbers robbing barstewards.

Now ive always called an electrician a sparky.

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yes, I've heard both, maybe a regional thing. I'm from Yorkshire too and you can go to the next town and words will be different. One example is, most people call two slices of potato with fish in the middle, a fish cake, or just a cake, in Keighley we call them scones?

Edited by vogie

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes, I've heard both, maybe a regional thing. I'm from Yorkshire too and you can go to the next town and words will be different. One example is, most people call two slices of potato a fish cake, or just a cake, in Keighley we call them scones?

Yep fishcake but thats two slices off spud with fish in the middle. Dad used to call them cheap fish and chips ?

On 5/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, jeab1980 said:

Dont have that problem we pay the guy who delivers our leccy bill. If we are not in he returns when next passing. If we know we are going to be away at the start of the month when he comes we tell him the month before and give him a couplevof thousand to cover the next bill always but always wevget back whats owed. Exellent system

I let my wife handle it; even a better system.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:26 PM, jeab1980 said:

We did too.  Only in the US military though.  Radio Operators were sometimes called sparks or sparky as well.

• 6 years later...
On 5/7/2017 at 5:32 PM, shady86 said:

MEA Smart life works great if you have credit card. . . 

There is English and you don't have be owner to pay and check monthly usage.

This mostly worked great for me until December 2023.  Now both MEA and CounterServicePay tell me that at least as of 2024, only Thai credit cards can be used to pay MEA bills. 😥 TrueWallet also doesn't allow credit card as payment source.

Is anyone else still able to pay MEA somehow with a foreign credit card? Or if anyone finds any other way to pay MEA bills with foreign credit cards please let me know! 🙏

Edited by landosmiles